• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Southampton***

I won't come around at all. AVB was an awful manager, not just for us also those tossers in West London, and how on EARTH anyone can say otherwise is beyond me.

Anyway back OT I'm still so livid with this result. What a time to throw it all away boys! Beat WBA, Chelsea and Southampton and who knows?

Well, maybe you will someday. Again, how anyone can sincerely believe that someone who secured our highest ever PL points total, led us to our first victory over Ferguson-led United at Old Trafford in dogs' years and turned Bale into an 80 million-pound player is deserving of being called awful is just...strange to me, is all. As is the notion that all he did was get everyone to give it to Bale.

We're seeing how bloody hard it evidently is for us to get beyond 70 points right now, and we have but one more opportunity to do so. I had hoped such circumstances would engender a more healthy respect for the guy; maybe it still will at some point. But, either way, it is somewhat OT, so yes, I figure being livid with the result's fine. Personally, I don't blame anyone for being tired or for our mostly heroic squad being so thin, but I can see that we might have a problem if Arsenal finish ahead of us *again* after all that's gone on, even with what Poch says. And I don't buy that anyone thinks that finishing ahead of Arsenal isn't important *given the circumstances*.

I am not surprised that some fans didnt stay for the lap of honour. It would be hard to motivate oneself to cheer the players after that game despite the wonderful season. I personally in my far off land (as one GG forumer put it) didnt feel like celebrating Spurs. I turned off my tv after the match.

I am not surprised that some fans didnt stay for the lap of honour. It would be hard to motivate oneself to cheer the players after that game despite the wonderful season. I personally in my far off land (as one GG forumer put it) didnt feel like celebrating Spurs. I turned off my tv after the match.

And that's fine on TV from miles away
But at the game there were plenty who would have stayed and we won yet jump ship as soon as the tide has turned. It's fickle and the team needs 100% backing across the board. It's hey their promoting that we're in it together as they want that siege mentality

But at the game there were plenty who would have stayed and we won yet jump ship as soon as the tide has turned. It's fickle and the team needs 100% backing across the board. It's hey their promoting that we're in it together as they want that siege mentality

Exactly. The lap of honour is not for one game, it's for the whole season. Any "fans" small-minded enough not to get that are really the sort of "fans" we could do without. I totally understand the disappointment and frustration at yesterday, especially at the way we played more so than at the result itself.
But unless you had a train to catch or something particular to get home for, I can't see why anyone would not want to stay an extra 15 or 20 minutes to applaud our team.

Not much more I can say than has already been said. Although I don't think our performance was as bad as is made out by some. If Kane's one-on-one goes in, it's a different ballgame. And we did have 2 or 3 very good chances, just didn't put them away. I actually think our away game at St. Mary's was worse, but we put away our chances.

However, what concerned me more was the snippiness I saw in the players. They looked to be frustrated with each other and this, more than anything, concerned me the most. Hopefully it's a one-off and not indicative of a change in the team togetherness.

P.S. One thing I liked was the emotion Eriksen showed and that in a game that didn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. Untypical of him, but so nice to see he really cares about this team.

My thoughts as well, i have said before that they are a lot of happy clappers at the Lane theses days ( brain dead macarons but I am trying to be nice) they are fine when things are going well but when they do not they " scream and scream and scream " like spoilt bitches.

I love the Lane ( its my second home for over 50 years) but there is not a lot of fun there anymore and I much prefer the away days( at least the fans who travel get behind the team no matter what).

Not much more I can say than has already been said. Although I don't think our performance was as bad as is made out by some. If Kane's one-on-one goes in, it's a different ballgame. And we did have 2 or 3 very good chances, just didn't put them away. I actually think our away game at St. Mary's was worse, but we put away our chances.

However, what concerned me more was the snippiness I saw in the players. They looked to be frustrated with each other and this, more than anything, concerned me the most. Hopefully it's a one-off and not indicative of a change in the team togetherness.

P.S. One thing I liked was the emotion Eriksen showed and that in a game that didn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. Untypical of him, but so nice to see he really cares about this team.

Eriksen has been bloody great since the new year - he seems to have found a new lease of life and is winning more headers than anyone

He would be up there with the very best now IMO

Eriksen has been bloody great since the new year - he seems to have found a new lease of life and is winning more headers than anyone

He would be up there with the very best now IMO

I agree, he has just turned 24 and if he keeps improving at the rate he has done since being here we will have a major talent on our hands.

Typical Spurs performance and result. Traditionally, the last 10 matches of the season is where we would always feck up our season and we seem to have done the same this season as well. We have now won 4, drew 4 and lost 1 of our last 9 matches, losing 11 valuable points in the process. If we don't get at least a point against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Arsenal will overtake us like they have done for the last 20 years or so. Our lack of mental strength and experience at crucial part of the season have come back to affect us again ! Annoyingly, for the 3rd consecutive match, we have scored first but end up not winning the match. Even worse, we have lost to Southampton home or away for the first time in 8 matches.

Credit to Son for scoring our only goal and Lamela for getting another assist. It was a brilliant individual goal by Son goal after being set up brilliantly by Lamela. But our lack of goal scorers apart form Kane have come back to affect us again. Thought Kane would score 1 or 2 goals to extend his lead in the league top scorers chart. Instead, he hardly looked like scoring and wasted yet another one-on-one chance again. In fact, Kane could have created 2 goal scoring chances for Lamela but was too greedy to pass and wasted the chances instead. I think just like the WBA and Chelsea matches, we could have won this match if we had another reliable striker.

We lost this match in midfield and it was not all surprising. Without the suspended Alli and Dembele, we were always going to have problem winning matches. Crucially, we have never lost a league match in which Alli and Dembele started together or when Dembele started in centre midfield for us this season. Dembele has been a key player for us this season and we badly missed him in this match. It is too bad that both their moment of stupidity came at a wrong time for us ! Players like Eriksen could have had more impact in the absence of Dembele but he had a disappointing match. He even had a argument with Lamela about taking a freekick in the second half. With most of his freekicks being poor this season, not sure how Eriksen can expect to be automatic freekick taker anymore. But unfortunately, Lamela's freekick was not good either.

Our defence still have the best defensive record in the league. But disappointingly, we have now conceded 4 goals in the last 2 matches. Our defending for both their goals were very poor. I think Lloris could have done much better for both the goals as well. Lloris has pulled off many great saves this season but he has also conceded too many easy goals as well. Hope he will improve his weaknesses next season. But we can really help him by getting a top quality defensive midfielder to protect him more as well.

We could have confirmed our 2nd place finish if we had won atleast a point in this match. Instead we lost and now have to get atleast a draw against Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish above Arsenal. We always seem to enjoy doing everything the hard way. Let's hope we can do just enough to finish in 2nd place now.

Last edited:
Exactly. The lap of honour is not for one game, it's for the whole season. Any "fans" small-minded enough not to get that are really the sort of "fans" we could do without. I totally understand the disappointment and frustration at yesterday, especially at the way we played more so than at the result itself.
But unless you had a train to catch or something particular to get home for, I can't see why anyone would not want to stay an extra 15 or 20 minutes to applaud our team.

Indeed, I've been to the last home game with a couple of mates from oop north for most years in the last 20 or so. We always book a later train so that we can join in the applause at the end and ponder on what might've been or celebrate what was achieved. We were desperate to go this year but couldn't get a ticket on member's day and its quite annoying to find some who did go didn't give the team the appreciation they thoroughly deserve for this year's achievements.

Back