• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Southampton***

On the positive side.
It is still in our hands. We don't need favours from anyone.

We are well able to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Let's get the job done.

We weren't good today, but we had 20 shots to Soton's 10, 6 on target to Soton's 2, 10 corners to Soton's 2, 70,7% possession even. Up until we conceded 2-1 we looked like the team to score, in my opinion, even though we didn't look our normal selves out there. It all went a bit haywire after 2-1. Disappointing to lose the final home game of the season, but it's still in our hands.

The sun is shining, really really hope this is going to be a day to remember for a long time.

Nearly 50 years a fan and I have never seen us finish 2nd. With United's wealth and global pull, coupled with the bank-rolled Chelsea and then City, I honestly thought I would never see my beloved Spurs be in a title race for the forseeable future let alone end-up runners-up.
The fact that a cherishedl part of the Lane for us will be no more after today makes it even more special.

I want to us to do it in style and cant wait to get on the road from the last part of the journey this morning and soak up the atmosphere

COYS
Ouch. We were flat after half an hour. AGAIN

Looking longer term this and other games have shown, we are always likely to dominate possession but we do not know how to break crowded defences. I was pleased to see Poch take off the extra holding mid but we could have tried going around the outside. Njie on the right would have been worth a go, he was anonymous on the left, you could argue we played with 10.
We also need a dribbler into the box and a wide-forward goal scorer, like Mane, or a shape breaker like Bolasie.

When this also fails, is there a case for a Carroll or a Benteke? To make the opposition think. We have Plan A, but everyone now knows how play us. We will need a Plan B, C etc.

Also, we have been fortunate that Kane did not pick up an injury or suspension in the second half.

Of course, we will have to cover our weaknesses at set-plays. And it would be nice to add a bit more pace for someone to get behind the lines or for us to mass the defence knowing we can launch it and someone is likely to win the chase.

Just got back from WHL. I know lots of people will aggressively disagree with me, and I know this debate has been done to death on here, but I need to vent - and say that I thought our support was a fudging embarassment today.

Started off good, but got increasingly quiet after we scored, then obviously silent once Southampton scored, then increasingly on players backs until they scored again, then fully miserable - even heard a number of boos at full time.

Yes it was a disappointingly lethargic performance and result, but this is a team that is the youngest in the league, the hardest working in the league (taking into account training), was (and still is) on track to give us our best ever PL points total and best ever league position for over 50 years, and was still challenging for the title with 3 games left to go - and it was a beautiful fudging sunny day, on the last home game of this brilliant season - and we still can't fully get behind the team with positive energy? Embarassing,

And no matter how bad the players were, they are transient. Players come and go, managers come and go, Levy will one day go, even the stadium is soon to go - the only things that truly represent the club are our history and our fans. And as long as our fans continue to be the embarassingly negative, fearful fudging bunch that we are, we won't be able to overcome our recent history and dispel our 'Spursiness', and we'll continue to get the derision from the media and other fans that we deserve.

The manager and players have done their part by trying to have some balls this season - time to try and support them by growing a fudging pair of our own.

Just back home, so very disappointed with the lethargic effort, but above all, with the fact that no-one wanted to take responsibility. Mason drove me nuts with his sideways passes, grrr. If Kane ever learns to release the ball to a better placed team-mate....but we know that is unlikely to happen. Our first 11 and back up defenders are fine but after that...just nowhere near good enough to challenge Dembele and Ali for a place.

I don't think it lack of effort or balls, it's just a dip in confidence, everyone was taking a little bit to long on the ball and the runs weren't getting passes so players stop making them. I thought Mason was far to cautious and rarely got forward which resulted in a bigger gap between defence and attack than usual. I was disappointed to lose but we still have a game to play and can get 2nd.

A point against Gordies will do.

Difficult to imagine we'll get one, though. Not with that sort of performance.

Just got back from WHL. I know lots of people will aggressively disagree with me, and I know this debate has been done to death on here, but I need to vent - and say that I thought our support was a fudgeing embarassment today.

Started off good, but got increasingly quiet after we scored, then obviously silent once Southampton scored, then increasingly on players backs until they scored again, then fully miserable - even heard a number of boos at full time.

Yes it was a disappointingly lethargic performance and result, but this is a team that is the youngest in the league, the hardest working in the league (taking into account training), was (and still is) on track to give us our best ever PL points total and best ever league position for over 50 years, and was still challenging for the title with 3 games left to go - and it was a beautiful fudgeing sunny day, on the last home game of this brilliant season - and we still can't fully get behind the team with positive energy? Embarassing,

And no matter how bad the players were, they are transient. Players come and go, managers come and go, Levy will one day go, even the stadium is soon to go - the only things that truly represent the club are our history and our fans. And as long as our fans continue to be the embarassingly negative, fearful fudgeing bunch that we are, we won't be able to overcome our recent history and dispel our 'Spursiness', and we'll continue to get the derision from the media and other fans that we deserve.

The manager and players have done their part by trying to have some balls this season - time to try and support them by growing a fudgeing pair of our own.

Our fans are too negative, possibly. But our history, if such a thing can be quantified, is also a negative one in situations like these. The majority of fans weren't alive when we last won the league, and a significant slice of them (me included) took up supporting Spurs at a time when we were absolutely, mentally dogsh*t, contriving to bottle it in ways we didn't think possible.

To beat that history is a task incumbent on the players more so than the fans, because they make it. And raising specters of s.p.u.r.s.y collapses and mental bottling like they have now done, with our history, isn't encouraging, and spreads a real fear that we might be on the verge of yet another one.

It's a complicated situation, for sure. And while the fans may well be at fault, I'm not sure they should be blamed entirely, given that (by all accounts) their support this season has been better than at any other time in recent memory save 2010-2011.

Bullship, motivation is NOT difficult right now
What proof of that do you have as it pertains to the squad and not the fans? The motivation to get 2nd and be ahead of the Goons may seem obvious but it is also possible the squad is devastated they couldn't keep up with Lie-cess-ter.

Okay.

Just back in from the Lane. Almost speechless, but not quite, more utterly utterly gutted.

Once again, thank you Tottenham, you f#cked up a perfectly good weekend.

What an awful 2nd half display. In future, players, staff and management, I dont want to see you spouting sh#t about how this matters and that matters and how we are going to do this and we'll do that.
Boll@cks.
Hardly anybody showed any desire out there and possibly one of the ones that did, got taken off! Well done Son today a bit of credit where it's due, even tried to pump the crowd up even more after his goal.

Sorry guys but really peeved after that, it seems we haven't still fully shaken off the 'old Tottenham' tag

Okay.

Just back in from the Lane. Almost speechless, but not quite, more utterly utterly gutted.

Once again, thank you Tottenham, you f#cked up a perfectly good weekend.

What an awful 2nd half display. In future, players, staff and management, I dont want to see you spouting sh#t about how this matters and that matters and how we are going to do this and we'll do that.
Boll@cks.
Hardly anybody showed any desire out there and possibly one of the ones that did, got taken off! Well done Son today a bit of credit where it's due, even tried to pump the crowd up even more after his goal.

Sorry guys but really peeved after that, it seems we haven't still fully shaken off the 'old Tottenham' tag
I watched it from afar on the telly and there was a point mid-way through the 1st half when it seemed like the air went out of the team and I could feel it wasn't going to end well. And then the crowd went all Emirates, even commented upon by the yank commentators.

Feel gutted at that too. Mentally I guess it was difficult to shake off. And Southampton are a decent side, but second half felt like we didn't even try. Get the ball in, we were tippy tappy-ing around their box with very little penetration. Just don't want to think about those idiots from south London gloating next week. We better get the job done

I watched it from afar on the telly and there was a point mid-way through the 1st half when it seemed like the air went out of the team and I could feel it wasn't going to end well. And then the crowd went all Emirates, even commented upon by the yank commentators.

Correct. first 20 minute or so was great and slowly but surely it got steadily worse along with the team's performance.

What promised to be one of the best ever days at the Lane, turned into a gutting afternoon

Back