• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Southampton***

Okay.

Just back in from the Lane. Almost speechless, but not quite, more utterly utterly gutted.

Once again, thank you Tottenham, you f#cked up a perfectly good weekend.

What an awful 2nd half display. In future, players, staff and management, I dont want to see you spouting sh#t about how this matters and that matters and how we are going to do this and we'll do that.
Boll@cks.
Hardly anybody showed any desire out there and possibly one of the ones that did, got taken off! Well done Son today a bit of credit where it's due, even tried to pump the crowd up even more after his goal.

Sorry guys but really peeved after that, it seems we haven't still fully shaken off the 'old Tottenham' tag

so true, it was so bad and my weekend ruined. No matter what players, manager, stadium, dinner lady we will always be let down by this club.

people will have a go at me for saying this, yes i would have taken 2nd or 3rd at the start of the seaoson however it could have been so much more if we learned from our mistakes.

Also rather not listen to the tripe that comes out of players mouths about how they care and a connection with the fans. Where was it today?? where was the fight? if we showed that in the games we should have won, we would be celebrating winning the league.

its games like this that make me think " how the fudge did i think we could win it"

when you think we have got rid of the sexy in us they comes up with a game like this! well the last 3 games

I am so disappointed. What a poor performance, we never switched on for this even after going one up. They were effective, but fudge me, we hardly created anything.

Squeeky bum time for us next weekend. Now watch us throw away second place, because we will if we play like this them.

so true, it was so bad and my weekend ruined. No matter what players, manager, stadium, dinner lady we will always be let down by this club.

people will have a go at me for saying this, yes i would have taken 2nd or 3rd at the start of the seaoson however it could have been so much more if we learned from our mistakes.

Also rather not listen to the tripe that comes out of players mouths about how they care and a connection with the fans. Where was it today?? where was the fight? if we showed that in the games we should have won, we would be celebrating winning the league.

its games like this that make me think " how the fudge did i think we could win it"

when you think we have got rid of the sexy in us they comes up with a game like this! well the last 3 games

Bang on.

I never entertained the chance we could win the league I was one of those always looking over my shoulder at United and Liverpool,etc; thinking how pts we needed for a Top 4 finish, which was always my target...until Stoke away.
That night coming out of the Britannia, for the very first time I thought we could possibly do it. Since that night we have gone downhill, and that was best it ever go for me.
Somebody on here (sorry forgot your name), when people thought we could win all 4, made a case for us not winning any of the last 4, whoever you were, you might well turn out right.

And to totall f#ck mt day off, I hear Pochettino's post-match interview on the radio and when asked about finishing above Arsenal, says he doesnt care about them.
Many will disagree with on this, but I am afraid Mr Pochettino, as manager of Tottenham it is part of the rivalry and it means a lot to some of us to finish above them

Two things that bothered me (apologies for moaning)

The atmosphere in the PL before the game was outstanding, and was good until we conceded but it died quickly after that and it became a but naff

And all the a fans that left before the end and didn't wait for what was a brief lap of honour... particularly upper tier in the west Stand.... You support from the beginning to the end not until it just suits you ...

Anyway that's my view

And to totall f#ck mt day off, I hear Pochettino's post-match interview on the radio and when asked about finishing above Arsenal, says he doesnt care about them.
Many will disagree with on this, but I am afraid Mr Pochettino, as manager of Tottenham it is part of the rivalry and it means a lot to some of us to finish above them

I can't read his mind, but I reckon Poch might be thinking of just taking the pressure off the players. They can all take a deep breath, re-group in training over the next week and go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and put in a solid performance which should see us get 2nd place and finish above the goons.

Bang on.

I never entertained the chance we could win the league I was one of those always looking over my shoulder at United and Liverpool,etc; thinking how pts we needed for a Top 4 finish, which was always my target...until Stoke away.
That night coming out of the Britannia, for the very first time I thought we could possibly do it. Since that night we have gone downhill, and that was best it ever go for me.
Somebody on here (sorry forgot your name), when people thought we could win all 4, made a case for us not winning any of the last 4, whoever you were, you might well turn out right.

Many will disagree with on this, but I am afraid Mr Pochettino, as manager of Tottenham it is part of the rivalry and it means a lot to some of us to finish above them[
/QUOTE]

That's the main reason why I think they will do it again this season and will for the forseeable future. One could argue that it's "small time" which is something they always accuse us of being ironically, but one thing Wenger has done brilliantly during his tenure is ensuring that every fecker in the club hates Spurs and makes it their business NOT to be the team that failed to finish above Spurs.

We all know they will beat Villa because Villa are dreadful, but is anyone seriously confident of us getting a even a point at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I honestly am not after today.

It's incredible how many times we could have finished above them in recent seasons, but time after time after time we manage to find new ridculous ways to feck it up.

That's the main reason why I think they will do it again this season and will for the forseeable future. One could argue that it's "small time" which is something they always accuse us of being ironically, but one thing Wenger has done brilliantly during his tenure is ensuring that every fecker in the club hates Spurs and makes it their business NOT to be the team that failed to finish above Spurs.

We all know they will beat Villa because Villa are dreadful, but is anyone seriously confident of us getting a even a point at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I honestly am not after today.

It's incredible how many times we could have finished above them in recent seasons, but time after time after time we manage to find new ridculous ways to feck it up.

Walob!!!! Bale FC we were then pal that prick gets too much credit for what Bale did for us that season he flopped let's move on ffs.

You'll come around, mate. Getting beyond the 70 point barrier is just insanely hard for us as a club. No amount of relying on one player alone can achieve that, and AVB is given far too little credit. If Poch doesn't pick up all three points at St.James' Park, he'll *still* have fewer points than AVB had, despite supposedly possessing a much better team than AVB did. Doesn't mean much given the different circumstances, but it does mean something, at least.

No, neither am I, and especially if they still have a hope of survival. If MP is sending out signals that 3rd place is job done, Champions' League, woo-hoo, and he doesn't care about finishing above the Arse, then that WILL have transmitted itself to the players, and I fear we are going to witness another lacklustre effort next week, with the inevitable result, if that's the case.

There was a better atmosphere on the day we got relegated to division 2 than today when we could have sealed 2nd place.
Yeah..we had great support back then..
The support for this club is a big issue IMO..
We have some of the old fans that remain loyal and some younger fans but not many.
Also our local support for the club is non existent.
it's up to the club to address this.....

Yeah..we had great support back then..
The support for this club is a big issue IMO..
We have some of the old fans that remain loyal and some younger fans but not many.
Also our local support for the club is non existent.
it's up to the club to address this.....

Ahem... not quite. I know what you're getting at, though.

I started a few posts earlier but deleted each time because the tone just didn't feel right.

Firstly, just a shout out to TFL/Greater Anglia for totally mucking up my journey home by having no trains from Liverpool street, haivng to take a long-winded circuitous route home, and an unplanned £16 cab fare at the end of the journey. Then walking into the pub to be greeted by spam fans welcoming me with a rendition of " we all having a party 'cos Tottenham f*cked it up". (LIke losing 4-1 to swansea gives them anything to boast about). Just the perfect end to the perfect day. :(

What a disappointment today was. There is not much I can add about the game that hasn't already been said. I don't know what the problem was today. I don't believe for one moment that the players weren't geared up to win today. I don't believe for one moment that they do not want to secure 2nd spot, and especially over Woolwich. I don't believe for one moment they have switched off and gone on holiday. But something was so clearly not right. Maybe the expectation was just too much. Or maybe they thought it would be easier. Maybe they have just given so much that picking them up again after the last couple of games is much harder than we have imagined. We simply looked like we had no idea what to do or how to make things work as the game wore on. I don't like to say that the effort was lacking, but at times it did seem that way. Bar Lamela, everyone else was hit and miss, mostly miss. Mason was getting a lot of stick, but I thought that was unfair - he didn't deserve singling out. Others (mostly all) were just as bad. Substitutions made no impact whatsoever. We need something 'extra' to being off the bench. After the loss to Saudi Sportswashing Machine this has to be the worst I have seen at the Lane this year, but given what was riding on this game, it was probably worse than the Saudi Sportswashing Machine loss.

But, but, but... I have calmed down - a bit. And I have to take today in the context of the whole season, not in isolation, because to do otherwise would be to do the team an injustice. The performance today must be the culmination of the disappointment of the past few games. The team have given so much during this campaign, given so many highs, so many good times, broken so many records, given us so much to hope and believe in, for this season and the next and the next, that I can't possibly say they have let me down or that they have been sp*rsy nor - and this is the worst - that they have bottled it. I have made excuses for Spurs many, many times over the years, when they did not deserve it. This season, I think they DO deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt and for today to be marked down as a bad day, no more. Which we would have done had it happened earlier in the season. Unfortunately with so much depending on the 3 points, every bad thing about today is highlighted.

I do think the crowd could have been better, much better, today - and I am usually the first to defend our support. It was great at the beginning and up until the equaliser. Then the nerves and tension set into the crowd and that must transfer to the players. They may not be aware of individual comments, but the general vibe, the impatience, the stress, must convey itself to them. Second half was just awful. Of course, anyone who was part of the crowd today bears a responsibility for that. I was in a different block to usual (25, compared to 30 or 31 normally) and I was just amazed at how hard it is to get everyone singing. There were a few people trying, and now and again a song would take hold across the whole ground, but I can really see now that without the Park Lane and the Shelf Side corner being on form, the rest of ground is almost silent. Fair play to the Paxton towards the end, they were giving a good rendition of "We are the Tottenham..." but overall we in the crowd let the team down today with our lack of vocal support.
(And apologies now to anyone from the PL who says they were singing throughout, because it did not resonate around the ground. But I remember after the WBA game arguing against those who criticised the lack of support, when it was certainly there where I was, so maybe I am wrong about today).

The lap of honour was great for those who stayed behind, but the shine was definitely taken off it, and you couldn't help feel that they just wanted to do the lap and get back down the tunnel. After the game, as we were being requested to stay in our seats in order to show our appreciation to the players, someone said to me "well maybe if they had won today, they would deserve our appreciation". I find that sort of comment absolutely astounding, and I had to point out that maybe, just maybe, the players deserved our appreciation for the season they have given us, for being 2nd in the table and for exceeding all expectations.

And remember, it's not over yet. COYS!

You'll come around, mate. Getting beyond the 70 point barrier is just insanely hard for us as a club. No amount of relying on one player alone can achieve that, and AVB is given far too little credit. If Poch doesn't pick up all three points at St.James' Park, he'll *still* have fewer points than AVB had, despite supposedly possessing a much better team than AVB did. Doesn't mean much given the different circumstances, but it does mean something, at least.

I won't come around at all. AVB was an awful manager, not just for us also those tossers in West London, and how on EARTH anyone can say otherwise is beyond me.

Anyway back OT I'm still so livid with this result. What a time to throw it all away boys! Beat WBA, Chelsea and Southampton and who knows?

Just back home, so very disappointed with the lethargic effort, but above all, with the fact that no-one wanted to take responsibility. Mason drove me nuts with his sideways passes, grrr. If Kane ever learns to release the ball to a better placed team-mate....but we know that is unlikely to happen. Our first 11 and back up defenders are fine but after that...just nowhere near good enough to challenge Dembele and Ali for a place.
Dunno if it's rustiness or the injury but Mason was driving those sat around me in the NW corner of the ground mad with his turgid, lateral passing. Even when the Southampton defenders showed him acres of space down the line he'd turn back inside into traffic.

Really want the lad to do well as he's one of our own and hope that the surgery he's been postponing will allow Mason to be a capable squad player at the very least.

Correct. first 20 minute or so was great and slowly but surely it got steadily worse along with the team's performance.

What promised to be one of the best ever days at the Lane, turned into a gutting afternoon
Yeah, lots of singing at the start of the game but guess a lot of the crowd are as shell shocked by the previous 2 results as the players and everything just fizzled out once Southampton snatched that equaliser.

The ref took the brunt of the ire for a few decisions that went against us in the first half but then the players decisions became just as bad as the game wore on.

Not long back home from the game. Gutted, and particularly gutted by being destroyed by Davis (a local N Ireland hero and Captain!). I've run out of ways to think how we can manage to balls things up. The icing on the cake will be an Andros injury time winner next week!

As far as the real, non-S.P.U.R.S.Y. tongue in check stuff - we've done brilliantly, just brilliantly this season. I would have bitten your arm off for this position 2nd/3rd after Everton last August.

Oh, and I am under the influence of alcohol, so please feel free to ignore this post...

Back