• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Nottingham Forest ***

Staying up here…. About to drown my sorrows…

For all the great awaydays I have enjoyed over the decades, these ones also hold a place, usually for the company, journey and collective sufferance. Had the pleasure of a full evening with autoraman, always a pleasure. This one reminded me of the likes of a freezing 2-0 defeat at WBA in 2005, a 4-0 thumping at Villa in '81/82, and a desperately poor defeat to Ipswich with clamy playing in the I-cannot-quite-remembers...

Serious question…. Why was sessegnon getting the blame for the second goal in Twitter? I didn’t watch the game and have only seen the goals

Because it was his fault. First he gives the ball away. Then he just runs rather than sprints back allowing Aurier of all people to mug him off and Sess gives him plenty of room and space to find a perfect cross to the far post. Shocking by Sess and reflected his uselessness both in attack and defence all night. Made Aurier look world class.

Really poor performance.

I think there are some reasons for this, not excuses mind, the players should do better.

-Quite far from our strongest 11. Romero, Bentancur, Kane, Kulusevski. With Perisic not at his best position. Davies, Richarlison added to that list even though perhaps not first choice. When some of them came on Kane and Perisic were taken off.

-Exhaustion. We're 2-0 down, still in it, we take off Kane. I think that tells a story about how far these players have been pushed. I think we may have reached a breaking point for some of them.

-Tactics. Lack of fit attackers that Conte trusts. More or less forced into the 3-5-2 I think he clearly doesn't prefer. Doherty back in, but without Kulusevski to combine with he's a lot less effective.

I think Conte had options. Trust Gil and start 3-4-3, give Doherty a player to combine with. If you're going to leave the RWB isolated, play Spence who can dribble and do some things on his own. But as we know, Conte doesn't trust these players for now at least. And when we're missing several godt choice players, feeling the exhaustion setting in, our quality drops way too much.

I'll just copy a bit from my previous post

You can see it with Spence. He wants to make things happen, but you can see he's been shackled and restrained, and told to play in a specific way.
It shows with the others too. It's labored and it looks like there is little to no room for creativity and being spontaneous. The slow boring pattern has to be followed

Saw things rather differently with Spence. Played nothing like Royal or Doherty. I don't understand how that can be him being shackled and restrained by the system. Surely if that was the case he would have played more similarly to those others?

He showed some of his ability, running at people, running past people, pace and power. Good to see. But he also looked like he had little to no ability to play within the system. Combination play with Kulusevski was pretty much non existent. Looked rather "Lucas", run, dribble, see what happens. Several times the pass to Kulusevski wide was on, good opportunity to get Kulusevski on the ball, try to set up some combinations. But he mostly just ran until he could run no further then found the pass he could find.

For sure given that he has had essentially zero minutes before and came into a dysfunctional team that's not meant as a harsh criticism of him. But I think it shows a bit of why he hasn't been trusted more.

I would very much have preferred him from the start, when in the 3-5-2 the wing backs were isolated and needed that ability to drive with the ball and dribble. Would very much have preferred Doherty, who we know can combine really well with Kulusevski, to play after Kulusevski came on.

Sess was shocking.
Sanchez has just lost all confidence whatsoever.
And yes, within any system/automation, players have the option to express themselves, to push. There was a moment midway through first half when Sess received the ball with literally the whole flank open. He took three steps forward, saw no immediate movement, checked back and
squared 5 yards. The total lack of courage to BE a difference maker, to GET movement by moving, was shocking. Even I raised my voice at that!

People keep making excuses for him. I said on here 20 games ago that he does not have what it takes.

Have a look at Spences run. Sess hasn’t done that in 2 years.

all London clubs are out

except Charlton!

not a good night for anyone! I just wished Conte was experimental with this fixture, but no, either hard headedness or something else smh

In the cold light of day we are out of the league cup. No one would really care if we had started with a bunch of youngsters and played half decent football. But its the way the team is playing that frustrates us. Harry Kane was ' really really tired' so why play him? These games are perfect for giving youngsters a run out. Look at Citys and Liverpools starting line ups.
How many great prospect players have we got in the last few years for between 20 and 30 mil but they never develop into the players they are hyped up to be?
To compete at the top level we need to bring in top level players and not 20 to 30 mil cast offs from the likes of Real, Barca, and PSG. Its just rinse and repeat every season. Until we actually get bought out or Levy changes his ways nothing will ever change. Now they are awash with money it will not be long before Saudi Sportswashing Machine are consistently higher in the league than us. Imho Howe is the manager we should have gone after when Poch went.
If Conte goes who would we go for next?
Seriously realisticly who would any of you want if Conte did leave?

Not to the fans it's not. Where is this regular top 4 Trophy getting us? We are the only big team that never wins anything. Football is meant to be entertaining!

its got us a massive stadium that in turn will get us loads of money, which gets us more CL, it keeps the needle moving

They are not prioritising this cup though. We did tonight. Arsenal wanted to go out , we didn't.
Artetas words at the end of the interview tonight : " it's back to the PL on the weekend which is our priority "

They played a reasonably strong side tonight and brought on Gabriel, Zinchenko, Xhaka, Martinelli and Jesus when they were chasing the game. So not sure they were prioritising it much less than us or that we were prioritising it at all. I'm sure if you asked Conte, despite fielding a reasonably strong team, the Carabao Cup was bottom of his list of priorities.

Whether they know it or not, Woolwich are chasing the same prize as us in the PL - top 4. City will win it.

Serious question…. Why was sessegnon getting the blame for the second goal in Twitter? I didn’t watch the game and have only seen the goals

Just the current Whipping Boy as Royal wasn't available. Call out Sanchez or Doherty for their defending, but blaming Sessegnon for the goals when he had little do with either just shows up fans bias.

Just the current Whipping Boy as Royal wasn't available. Call out Sanchez or Doherty for their defending, but blaming Sessegnon for the goals when he had little do with either just shows up fans bias.

That's a stretch to say Sanchez doesn't get stick FFS haha

On the highlights it starts with the cross so I really can’t comment on his earlier play
But he really does have his detractors and not just on here
As I say it was on teletext where I read it

Sanchez's body position on the first goal, for a pro, was unbelievable. I coach under 11 and I'd kick any boy in the hole if he defended like that.

Scarily, he got stung doing the same thing again shortly after.

It’s because he isn’t capable for this level right now
He also has no confidence im sure

Yeah that's probably fair but it's shocking a pro can get caught on the basics like that. I guess that's Dav though - he always looks awkward. He's not as bad as we sometimes portray him and being in and out of the team is a tough gig if you're expected to perform at a high level. But he doesn't help himself...

Back