• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

So technically the Kane penalty was rightfully given because Lovren did swing and clip the ball, meaning that Kane's originally offside position is no longer a problem. I do believe that Kane's trailing leg was caught by Karius.
The second penalty was correctly given because although VVD didn't swipe through Lamela, there was still enough contact to constitute a foul (according to pundits).

So should I now be upset that Kane's first pen was so brick?

The angle that shows it from the corner of the penalty box suggests there is contact on the first part of VVD's motion. The angle that the GIF is from shows no contact at all.

So technically the Kane penalty was rightfully given because Lovren did swing and clip the ball, meaning that Kane's originally offside position is no longer a problem. I do believe that Kane's trailing leg was caught by Karius.
The second penalty was correctly given because although VVD didn't swipe through Lamela, there was still enough contact to constitute a foul (according to pundits).

So should I now be upset that Kane's first pen was so brick?

Yes you should. And that Hugo didn't stay upright to make Salah shoot past him from such an acute angle.

Funny NFL now dovetails with MOTD, just as we're doing the same with WHL.

Cripes, hasn't taken long for the Scouse delusion to set in.

Was going to say the same thing to be honest. Bore off Van Dijk, with your weird obsession about joining Liverpool at all costs. Maybe don’t kick our player in the box next time?

He’s just salty that Kane embarrassed him at St Mary’s a couple of years ago.

(Banter aside, I thought VVD looked good. The ball usually sticks to Kane but VVD gave him a tough match and won a lot of battles)

I still think it's a daft rule though. Surely by being offside in the first instance Kane is gaining an advantage and should be offside by default.

You could in fact play a bizzare game whereby the striker sits 5-10 yards off side and have the midfielders aim to punt through balls off defenders legs.

I’m talking about the first penalty.

Its long been accepted to trail your leg into an onrushing keeper and 'buy' a pen. There is lots of hypocrisy, as when Alli does it, its scandalous, but everyone does it.

Both pens. A shame we didn't defend better or score a third. Very happy with our second half performance.

He’s bloody effective, on and off the ball, offence and defence, fairly or not.

I think he’s effective, just not as much as you. When everyone is fit and healthy and on form I don’t see where he fits in the starting lineup. Doesn’t mean to say that he can’t still play and important role but I do wonder whether he will eventually get tired of being on the bench so often. I realise he’s still recovering physically and mentally from a serious injury but I don’t see him getting breaking into the team any time soon.

That gif just resulted in a stumbling response from a scouser I work with. He'd previously shown me an angle where it didn't look like any contact and this shut his up. Game over.
I'm a bit torn on this one. From this angle it looks like VvD whacks Lamela in the back of his leg, but that other angle doesn't show any contact. It shows VvD checking his swinging leg and just missing Lamela. Good boy Erik for selling it so well. :p

I'm a bit torn on this one. From this angle it looks like VvD whacks Lamela in the back of his leg, but that other angle doesn't show any contact. It shows VvD checking his swinging leg and just missing Lamela. Good boy Erik for selling it so well. :p

I know what you mean but I think the fact the assistant referee had the guts to make the call in the 94 minute in front of the Kop, shows there was probably contact.

I know what you mean but I think the fact the assistant referee had the guts to make the call in the 94 minute in front of the Kop, shows there was probably contact.
Or it just shows that Lamela sold it really well and his point of view was such that it looked like definite contact, even though it probably wasn't.

Nevertheless, in the end it was a fair result and this should not take away from the fact that we finally put in a performance worthy of our team at Anfield. Absent that Dier gaffe at the start of the match, it could have been a very different game and we could have walked out with all 3 points.

Or it just shows that Lamela sold it really well and his point of view was such that it looked like definite contact, even though it probably wasn't.

Nevertheless, in the end it was a fair result and this should not take away from the fact that we finally put in a performance worthy of our team at Anfield. Absent that Dier gaffe at the start of the match, it could have been a very different game and we could have walked out with all 3 points.

What? The first angle shows there's clearly contact! You can see virgils foot wrap around the inside of lamelas leg!

No, there is a side on camera angle that clearly shows vvd whacking into lamela, which from another angle looks like vvd checked his shot. Pen all day long, if it was another part of the pitch it would have been a foul. Now Kane, sold it well, got that last touch before karius's hand came into contact - but for the first pen he gambled, and lost, going down the middle.

I still think it's a daft rule though. Surely by being offside in the first instance Kane is gaining an advantage and should be offside by default.

You could in fact play a bizzare game whereby the striker sits 5-10 yards off side and have the midfielders aim to punt through balls off defenders legs.

Its a stupid rule, I am not sure how linesman and ref cope (They dont) it needs to go back to offside is offside.

Back