• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

Prophetic!

Sure you didn't mean pathetic!?

One of those games where you feel relief that that we gained a point and upset that we lost 2! Draw was probably a fair result in the end, but I think we played the better. Our passing has gone up a notch over the past month. Since the Wham game where we looked laboured, we've moved the ball better and better. Clearly something Poch has worked on.

From RAWK

On a side note, as angry as I am about that penalty, I haven't seen us dominated like that at Anfield in ages. We looked like a mid-table La Liga side playing away at the Camp Nou.

Spot on

Obviously the only game they’ve watched since Alan Hansen retired then

Obviously the only game they’ve watched since Alan Hansen retired then

To be honest, second half we absolutely caned them. I can’t remember seeing Liverpool battered like that at home in a long time. They couldn’t get out for pretty much the entire half. I’m not sure what Poch did but it worked. I know it wasn’t sitting back like a lot of us advocated.

Ive actually got some mates who support Liverpool who believe it or not are actually decent. Anyway, they said exactly the same about having not been dominated like that all season by absolutely any team. Just a flipping shame we didnt get 3 points.

Thought Dier was unlucky with the first goal. The ball came at him fast as he tried to redirect it, it landed in the path of Salah. I thought our players were very good second half, made a Liverpool team, who have generally been brilliant at Anfield, look ordinary. Hopefully we carry this form into the next 2 games. Really want to smash the gooners.

Last edited:
Pressure from whom? that is the question. Lovren thought he had kane breathing down his neck, which he hadn't, and was "under pressure" from kane, which was in offside position. Dier was under pressure from a player onside.

With this said, the referee got it correct. Lovren mishit his clearance while Kane did not pressure him, creating a new situation. no offside.

Kane didn’t move towards Lovren, Kane was offside at that point... until Lovren fudge up a basic clearance

Dier passed the ball to his own man and did it really poorly and it was taken on by a player who was in an offside position but can’t be as the contact was from a spurs man

I only saw the 2nd half, which was an excellent performance by us I might add, and I would have taken a draw before the match started so happy enough with the point. I'm not sure on the penalty decisions. I've changed my mind a few times, but I get a warm glow inside of me knowing most Liverpool fans worldwide are apoplectic with rage after those decisions :)

No the same rules apply

Dier passed it badly as he was under pressure
Lovren shanks his clearance under pressure

So what’s the difference?
The initial pass. Alli passed forwards TO KANE who was offside and then the offside player scored.
There was no initial pass with Salah's goal... it came to Dier forwards and he passed back to Lloris... it didn't come from a Liverpool player in the direction of our goal so there couldn't be an offside.

I understand that refs are interpreting the rules to say it was a new phase of play when Lovren scuffed it, but it just isn't a new phase of play... he swung a boot at it because of Kane being right there. There are many examples in games where a striker is running through and the defender gets a tiny nick on it and they call OFFSIDE because the striker was offside, they don't say that the tiny nick constitutes a new phase of play.

First pen, Kane is offside when initial pass is played, Lovren tries to stop the ball because of this, and that sends Kane through. I think it's odd if that's not an offside, so in some way, I'm not that tinkled off we didn't score the pen.

Second pen, Lamela is clearly kicked, sure, maybe he goes to ground with a bit of latin flair, but Van Dijk just kicks him in the leg in the box, and that's a pen all day long, so I don't understand the fuss. Looking at the replay where Lamela is supposedly in an offside position before Llorente heads the ball, he might have a kneecap or something in offside, but it's so marginal you can't really blame the lino for not calling it.

Add to that that we had the most shots on goal, most of the possession, and completely bossed them in the second half, I don't understand how the scousers feel they've been cheated here. They were brick, and bar Salah's goal in the second half, created fudge all.

I only saw the 2nd half, which was an excellent performance by us I might add
It certainly was. Poch changed things and Mane / Can / Henderson / Milner ran out of steam and we totally dominated. We had 65% possession overall at the end of the game and Liverpool dominated us first half, so the second half stats must have been massively in our favour... they said on Sky that the second half shots on target was 5-1 to us.

The initial pass. Alli passed forwards TO KANE who was offside and then the offside player scored.
There was no initial pass with Salah's goal... it came to Dier forwards and he passed back to Lloris... it didn't come from a Liverpool player in the direction of our goal so there couldn't be an offside.

I understand that refs are interpreting the rules to say it was a new phase of play when Lovren scuffed it, but it just isn't a new phase of play... he swung a boot at it because of Kane being right there. There are many examples in games where a striker is running through and the defender gets a tiny nick on it and they call OFFSIDE because the striker was offside, they don't say that the tiny nick constitutes a new phase of play.

You are probably right. The interpretation of the rules are not right - and we discussed it endlessly after that Scum game where we were on the other end of it. BUT that is the way the rules are being applied, and they have to be consistent, therefore it was a legit pen.

The second I would feel aggrieved if it was the other way around. It was canny play by Lamela and we fully deserved it. So it all works out in the end. I'm not sure about the advent of video refs as there would be so many tiny little things to correct.

That's the way I see it too. It should be offside against Kane and if the rules say differently they need to be changed. Anyway the useless fecker missed it.

1st half we dominated ourself by insisting on playing short passes sideways in the midfield and not going long into the channels. We made it easier for liverpool who were fresh.

That's the way I see it too. It should be offside against Kane and if the rules say differently they need to be changed.

Then the ruling body need to advise refs. But surely more goals, more opportunities for attackers is a good thing? It was for us.

That's the way I see it too. It should be offside against Kane and if the rules say differently they need to be changed. Anyway the useless fecker missed it.

I 100% thought he was offside and then I read the rules

Kane didn’t receive the ball in an offside position. He received it after Lovren fudged up and that was a really basic clearance to make a mistake on

For the first time I can honestly say we are, looking at the last two performances, the second best team in the current EPL.
The United and Liverpool games were that good!

Liverpool look mid table without the addition of quality, in the long term.

Back