• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

We looked a little out of it today. Bench was ....thin we shall say. Another couple of players come in to take the pressure of and we will look much better. Onwards and upwards!

we need at least 3 reinforcements.. if we don't have even a proper threat on the bench to win it for us, I dread the champion league when it kicks off.

and how did poch actually think we played okay...? sort out our midfield please.

i know its only start of the season, BUT out of 6 halves, we only played well in 1 ! that's 1/6!

Still not match sharp match fit. Said at the start of the season that the likes of Kane, Dier, Vertonghen, Alli, Rose and Walker having less than 90 minutes total pre season makes them totally unprepared.
But this is something Poch feels he needs to do.
They needed a break or else they'd be fudgeed half way through the season.
Thankfully this extended pre season period is over.

Even Poch admits we are behind in match fitness
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-late-getting-up-to-speed-this-a7211936.html

“We had a lot of players involved in the Euros and we are in the process of trying to build their fitness, and how we can adapt their situation to the team,” Pochettino said at his press conference on Thursday. “We are not in a period to work on small details. We are very focused to try to give the team more quality in fitness and consistency. It's impossible after the Euros with a very short break to recover to start again.”

To start the Premier League after two weeks' training, to start international competition, it's very tough for the players,” Pochettino said. “We want to create the possibility for our players to be fit for the whole season. We are a little bit late in our development for this new season. After the international break we can start to work on small details and develop different possibilities to play linked with our work on the pitch.”
Klopps team looked match fit. Poch's methods need improving. It's his 4th season in the EPL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

we need at least 3 reinforcements.. if we don't have even a proper threat on the bench to win it for us, I dread the champion league when it kicks off.

and how did poch actually think we played okay...? sort out our midfield please.

i know its only start of the season, BUT out of 6 halves, we only played well in 1 ! that's 1/6!
Yeah Poch's comments were bewildering to me. I hope he reflects on his own methods too, instead of laying it on external circumstances or worse the players

Disappointing result and performance against a team we should be beating. For what it is worth DA man of the match for me. Only player on the pitch that looked comfortable on the ball.

Sky are incredible, 5 mins on mane, no mention of his tackles. Spurs were lucky because of a correct offside, but nothing about all the decisions that went against us!

Is this Liverpool TV?

We were far from good but Mane should not have been on the pitch for at least 35 minutes and Lovren got away with assault. I read criticism of
Kane, who was not amazing but was equally the recipient of some terrible treatment.

I have aired my feelings on Christian
in his thread. What a HUGE improvement in Vorm. Losing Walker was massive...

Hi All,
My thoughts ( through Tusker Lager and Singapore Chili Crabs tinted glasses )

- We were lucky to get a point
- Compared to Liverscum:
- We didn't have the same pace, specially through the middle
- They pressed a lot better and further up the field
- They had a much better bench. Our bench is not looking too good
- Mane should have been sent off
- We miss Dembele
- I am not sure Kane playing out of position is helping. Or this his normal slow start
- Vorm was MOTM for us

Overall I am happy with a point here.

COYS

Sent from my Safaricom using DrumTalk ;)
Jambo.
I agree with all of the above.
Concern here is why the bench did not have Trippier, Mason and Chadli, instead of 2CV, Winks and Onomah?
I understand Poch wants to give young players a chance but not at the expense of points. You wonder if these are political selections to convince Levy to get players he wants or just bloody-minded hints to get rid of the more senior players?

Today, Trippier would have been a natural replacement for Walker who was clearly struggling to track back, hence their two early chances from that side.
If Mason was on the bench he could have gone into the CM position and given us more energy, With Dier at RB.
Surely, Chadli against Milner would have been a better tactic, not just as he can beat a man by switching ball between his feet, but also, as he could have attacked any aerial ball from Rose at the back post.

Even if they are going to be sold, they should be used whilst we pay for them, they are multi- million pound assets, or if Poch wants to sell a player, and they are not in his "plans", then are they banished forever? We could do with some grown up management.

On the fitness front perhaps we could bring in Verheijen, the Dutch expert to help plan, our somewhat extreme levels at the start and ends of seasons?

Really poor performance. Liverpool weren't great and as soon as we had 10mins of decent football they looked poor. Shocking how bad we looked for so long of the match. In fact this year we have looked really average.

Dier has been bad in every game and looks knackered - wanyama was very good again and we must drop dier and give him a rest for a few weeks.

Eriksen was awful

Jam does not fill me with any confidence.

Kane looks knackered and Ali is looking like a league 1 player.

Today was concerning in terms of performance and also poch use of subs and his squad - we look flat and disorganised

Not a great performance by us, but a decent point and plenty of potential for improvement.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/07/euro-2016-liverpools-players-ranked/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-players-playing-copa-8109513

Why do Liverpool look fitter than us, then, given that they had more involvement with the Euros than we did?

We've started slowly. It's good we're picking up points despite that, it's not good that we look so disjointed and exhausted three weeks into the season.

Did Liverpool look fitter than us when they always gave away a 4-1 lead against a rather sorry looking Arsenal? Did Liverpool look fitter than us when they lost 2-0 to Burnley?

A lack of match fitness results in inconsistency above all. Most teams have shown exactly inconsistency at the start of the season. That means some games one team will look closer to match fitness whereas last week (when we were clearly superior to Palace and Liverpool lost to Burnley) that was reversed.

I remain unconvinced by the Dier-Wanyama combo though.

Not a great performance by us, but a decent point and plenty of potential for improvement.

Did Liverpool look fitter than us when they always gave away a 4-1 lead against a rather sorry looking Arsenal? Did Liverpool look fitter than us when they lost 2-0 to Burnley?

A lack of match fitness results in inconsistency above all. Most teams have shown exactly inconsistency at the start of the season. That means some games one team will look closer to match fitness whereas last week (when we were clearly superior to Palace and Liverpool lost to Burnley) that was reversed.

I remain unconvinced by the Dier-Wanyama combo though.

Liverpool looked fitter than us when they raced into a 4-1 lead against Arsenal, yes. They also looked far superior to Burnley, where they enjoyed 80% possession despite their loss. We have not looked substantially better than our opponents in any of our games so far, never mind looking 'clearly superior' against Palace.

Liverpool's defensive frailty will dog them all season - it has little to do with their pressing, cohesion or fitness and more to do with their tactical set-up and lack of dependable full-backs. We, by contrast, look laboured and unfit, and have done for the entirety of the month save for one friendly against Inter.

We've debated the merits of the assertion by that Dutch fitness coach (Raymond Verheijen, I think it was) that our collapse at the end of the season was inevitable. Assume that's true for a minute, and that another collapse is imminent this season as a result - it makes it all the more critical that we start fast, and build up against the inevitable dip at the end.

We've done better than last season in that regard. But we could have done even better.

I thought under Poch the system is meant to be king and not any one player. The current Spurs side seems to be a one man Dembele side. Without him we are lost

Liverpool looked fitter than us when they raced into a 4-1 lead against Arsenal, yes. They also looked far superior to Burnley, where they enjoyed 80% possession despite their loss. We have not looked substantially better than our opponents in any of our games so far, never mind looking 'clearly superior' against Palace.

Liverpool's defensive frailty will dog them all season - it has little to do with their pressing, cohesion or fitness and more to do with their tactical set-up and lack of dependable full-backs. We, by contrast, look laboured and unfit, and have done for the entirety of the month save for one friendly against Inter.

We've debated the merits of the assertion by that Dutch fitness coach (Raymond Verheijen, I think it was) that our collapse at the end of the season was inevitable. Assume that's true for a minute, and that another collapse is imminent this season as a result - it makes it all the more critical that we start fast, and build up against the inevitable dip at the end.

We've done better than last season in that regard. But we could have done even better.
Good post.

Points aside, Liverpool looked like they man business and we look like we are still in pre season.

What's more impressive to me are the right player additions that hit the ground running, and the value they get for offloading deadwood.

It's enabled Liverpool to get off on a flying start, if you don't believe it look at their shots on goal stats against burnley and arsenal.

A worryingly torporific performance, second best at just about everything, barring Vorm, who was our MOTM by a country mile. We never really seemed to get going in the game and we were lucky to nick a point in the end really. Kane, Alli and Eriksen were all poor, but there was a definite lack of intensity throughout the side and a rather unbalanced look to it as well, with lots of individual mistakes on top of that. Basics not being done right. As bad as we were, though, the ref was even worse. Terrible display from him.

Back