• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Replay (FA Cup)***

We should play a full team here I think. We have a good draw for the next round of we do win.

I understand this thinking but we need to give playing time to the likes of Vorm, Wimmer, Son, Chadli, Bentaleb. We may really need to call on them and the gap between our first choice XI and those pushing for a place shouldn't in theory be that great. These guys need to be staking a place and these games are necessary for them.

If only Pochettino had taken the orginal FA Cup match at WHL more seriously, we won't be forced to play this replay. Somehow we will have to focus and give our best in this match. No doubt, the players will be very tired but they need to step up their game if we want to progress to the next round of the FA Cup. Hope Pochettino will take this match more seriously and play our best available players. We cannot be taking risk with the FA Cup since we have not won it since 1991. After losing the league match to Leicester at WHL, surely the players need no motivation to get revenge for that.

I understand this thinking but we need to give playing time to the likes of Vorm, Wimmer, Son, Chadli, Bentaleb. We may really need to call on them and the gap between our first choice XI and those pushing for a place shouldn't in theory be that great. These guys need to be staking a place and these games are necessary for them.

I also understand this thinking. However, tonight there is a very real possibility we could go out of a tournament I love and think we have an ok chance of doing well in with a bit of luck on the draws and if we manage to get over this tie (obviously!). we can't sacrifice a competition so a few fringe players can get some game time, take no chances here and shuffle the pack (slightly) for other games. Must win!

Any team update yet ?

Really hope Pochettino will play our best 11 in this match. But since this is a Cup match, performance is not really important as long as we win. Hope we will avoid going into the penalties which we are not good at and win it in normal time instead.

Last edited:
If only Pochettino had taken the orginal FA Cup match at WHL more seriously, we won't be forced to play this replay. Somehow we will have to focus and give our best in this match. No doubt, the players will be very tired but they need to step up their game if we want to progress to the next round of the FA Cup. Hope Pochettino will take this match more seriously and play our best available players. We cannot be taking risk with the FA Cup since we have not won it since 1991. After losing the league match to Leicester at WHL, surely the players need no motivation to get revenge for that.

You've got no way of knowing how a full strength side would have got on in the original tie. We played a full strength team in both league games and haven't beaten them, why should the cup be any different?

Hope we do go pretty strong tonight as I feel it could be psychologically damaging for us to lose again to Leicester and affect our form over the next 2 games. I would go for:

Lloris
Walker
Toby
Verts
Davies
Bentaleb
Dembele
Lamela
Son
Chadli
Kane

This would rest Dier, Eriksen and Alli. Then Kane, Lamela, Dembele to come off if and when we go 2 goals up.

Have a horrible feeling though that this will go to pens.

You've got no way of knowing how a full strength side would have got on in the original tie. We played a full strength team in both league games and haven't beaten them, why should the cup be any different?

Would I've thought our full strength team could have beat the team they played that day.

Hope we do go pretty strong tonight as I feel it could be psychologically damaging for us to lose again to Leicester and affect our form over the next 2 games.

We went straight out and trashed Emirates Marketing Project 4-1 after the second string failed against Arsenal.

There shouldn't be a big drop off in quality with the supposed second string in my view. What does massively seperate them is a lack of playing time. We need to use the likes of Son, Chadli, Wimmer to keep them ready and sharp, ready to compete and to be called upon when needed.

I'd go down the Fergie route of rotation, a couple of players rotated in most games, but that's not the way poch plays it. I just want the best team that poch thinks he can field playing tonight, no worries about resting anyone.

For me I don't mind playing son or bentalab for example because they're level is still high when on form, I don't think there's much between a lot of our squad, but it's the resting of Lloris, Kane, etc. that I don't want to see.

o_O Are you sure we are talking about the same match? Leicester at home, for the cup? Where we conceded two goals and the defence was all over the place? Toby in particular was quite poor.

Toby didn't have his best game individually, but Wimmer looked ok and they both seemed comfortable in the partnership. It's not like you can drop Toby for a better centre half, he is our best one. And Wimmer did nothing wrong, so.

I'd go down the Fergie route of rotation, a couple of players rotated in most games, but that's not the way poch plays it. I just want the best team that poch thinks he can field playing tonight, no worries about resting anyone.

For me I don't mind playing son or bentalab for example because they're level is still high when on form, I don't think there's much between a lot of our squad, but it's the resting of Lloris, Kane, etc. that I don't want to see.
I'd start Hugo in this one. Sorry Vorm.

o_O Are you sure we are talking about the same match? Leicester at home, for the cup? Where we conceded two goals and the defence was all over the place? Toby in particular was quite poor.
Toby out! Never play him again. He's horrible! One match is enough to judge him. o_O

Back