• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs APOEL ***

We should blood a few kids in this and let a few fringe players have a go. Use the squad as they say.

----------------Vorm-----------------

--Aurier--Foyth--Sanchez--Rose--

-----------Winks---Sissoko---------

--Oakley-Booth—Edwards----GKN--

-------------——Llorente-----------

subs: Whiteman, KWP, [youth CB], [youth DM], [youth AM], Georgiou, Sterling/Harrison
Why doesnt Gazzinga make your bench?

Looking forward to seeing Lamela play tomorrow. He needs the minutes.

Any word on our Dutch defensive maestro's injury?

Dier, Kane, Trippier, Lloris and Eriksen all didn't train at the open training session today.

Kazaiah Sterling and Luke Amos are the only youth player training with the first team today. No Georgiou, Edwards or Oakley Boothe.

Dele Alli is doing all the pre game media interviews later so Alli will start.

Expect the team to be stronger than some of you expect. Poch wants a win. Losing a nothing game in a cup competition was the start of this dip.

I reckon it will something like

Vorm

Walker-Peters Sanchez Foyth Rose

Winks Alli

Sissoko Son N'Koudou

Llorente

Dier, Kane, Trippier, Lloris and Eriksen all didn't train at the open training session today.

Kazaiah Sterling and Luke Amos are the only youth player training with the first team today. No Georgiou, Edwards or Oakley Boothe.

Dele Alli is doing all the pre game media interviews later so Alli will start.

Expect the team to be stronger than some of you expect. Poch wants a win. Losing a nothing game in a cup competition was the start of this dip.

I reckon it will something like

Vorm

Walker-Peters Sanchez Foyth Rose

Winks Alli

Sissoko Son N'Koudou

Llorente

That sounds about right to me. Shame we can't give Lamela a bit of game time, but as long as we rest most of our very best players - especially the tired ones - I'm happy.

A win against Stoke is massively important, and should be our main aim.

Looking forward to seeing Lamela play tomorrow. He needs the minutes.

Any word on our Dutch defensive maestro's injury?

No, but Bassong is suspended, so hoping it's not too bad!

Over the moon that Lamela is playing. Would love to see Jansen get a couple of minutes as well.

Will be good if we can get KWP in the team, although Aurier will probably hit his best form the more minutes he plays. Maybe give him 25 mins in for Rose towards the end.

No harm in playing Sanchez since he’s out for 3. Foyth should definitely play.

Llorente to hopefully get his first goal. GKN to show his worth. Would like to see some more of Georgiou if we can.

I don't see the point of starting Dele, but OK ...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/dele-to-start-v-apoel-champions-league-mauricio-051217/

“We are going to rotate the starting 11 but Dele is going to play. He missed three Champions League games because he was banned (for our first three group matches) and he’s fresh to play.”
“We’re going to play with a strong team. It’s important that everyone takes the game seriously and it’s a good opportunity to show your condition, your quality and knock on the door saying ‘I’m here, I’m ready’ if you want to be a regular in the first team. It’s a good opportunity and we want to finish in a good way.”

Mauricio also confirmed that development squad players Luke Amos and Kazaiah Sterling will be in the squad.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/dele-to-start-v-apoel-champions-league-mauricio-051217/

“We are going to rotate the starting 11 but Dele is going to play. He missed three Champions League games because he was banned (for our first three group matches) and he’s fresh to play.”
“We’re going to play with a strong team. It’s important that everyone takes the game seriously and it’s a good opportunity to show your condition, your quality and knock on the door saying ‘I’m here, I’m ready’ if you want to be a regular in the first team. It’s a good opportunity and we want to finish in a good way.”

Mauricio also confirmed that development squad players Luke Amos and Kazaiah Sterling will be in the squad.
In that case, I'm guessing:
Vorm
Aurier...Foyth...Sanchez...Rose
Sissoko...Winks
Son...Dele...GKN
Llorente​
Unless Poch feels Dier & Vertonghen need a getting to know you for forthcoming matches?

Poch is one of the most obsessed with data and fitness coaches there is. If he's starting Dele it's for good reason. Sometimes it's not about wrapping players in cotton wool and only playing them when they've had a nice rest, sometimes it's about momentum, rhythm, and peaking at the right times. Our players are conditioned to peak in the second half of the season, and it's because he gets minutes into them in the first half so they can handle it. He builds their endurance. Dele missed 3 CL games, so he's got some room for some minutes for sure.

We played Kane et al, full strength side in a dead-rubber VS CSKA last year. But by the end of the season Kane scored 7 goals in the last 2 games to claim the golden boot, and we were in ridiculously good form. Trust The Process.

Back