• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs APOEL ***

Fair play, I did not see that post. But you've obviously made up your mind to stick to your guns regardless of any post-match evidence suggesting you just might be mistaken so good luck to you.

Let's just agree to differ.
Yeah sorry, just thought for him he was sloppy. Im comfortable with people disagreeing with that....

We dominated possession, we wasnt relentless in attack there's a big difference. I said Winks was sloppy in first post, then said in a subsequent post he was poor by his standards. Im not sure why some of you are getting so precious about it, its not like Im saying he's a poor player....

Not sure anyone’s getting precious are they? Just questioning posts on a message board about something they disagree with, it’s what’s it’s all about isn’t it?

I don’t think we’ve been relentless in attack all season have we? The first half was one of the most I’d seen us dominate anyone this season so far (didn’t see the League cup game) and every stat bares that out. Maybe because it was a dead rubber for us (not Apoel) there’s the apathy and lack of excitement about it, which is perfectly understandable, but doesn’t change the actual performance.

I just disagree that Winks was poor on the night and seems a really strange player to call out for special criticism, but I can see that minds are made up here.

Job done type of performance

- finish off with right result, 3 goals, clean sheet
- debuts and first goals for a couple of players
- Kane, Erisken, Lloris given benefit of a week off
- another good Wembley win (habit)
- move on

Amazingly professional result, and that's exactly what this type of game is all about, nothing more.

Job done type of performance

- finish off with right result, 3 goals, clean sheet
- debuts and first goals for a couple of players
- Kane, Eriksen-sen-sen, Lloris given benefit of a week off
- another good Wembley win (habit)
- move on

Amazingly professional result, and that's exactly what this type of game is all about, nothing more.
But Winks misplaced a few passes, which has caused quite the commotion on here...

Winks tends to do that come second half. Not sure why this game has caused such a commotion.
In my years on this planet (and this forum) people tend to cause commotion when there's no need. Yes, APOEL were not very good and yes, we had a sloppy second half and yes, Winks mis-placed a few passes and yes, we didn't crush them by 6 or 7. And when you consider our first-team line up we did well. But sometimes it's not good enough for certain people.

Nice to continue our winning run in the CL. We have now won 5 and drew 1 of the 6 matches in the CL so far. This means we have got total 16 points which is more than any other team in the CL group stages this season. For the record, we are only the third English team after Arsenal in 2006 and ManU in 2008 to get record 16 points in CL group stages and both ManU and Arsenal reached the CL Final both times. It will be great if we can do similiarly. Strangely we are playing much better in the CL than league this season. Apoel were poor and didn't trouble us at all but we played our part well.

Credit to Llorente, Son and Nkoudou for the goals. The football world must have been shocked to see Llorente suddenly scoring his first ever goal for us after not looking like scoring in all the previous matches since joining us. It was a well taken goal by Llorente but he also wasted a similiar chance in the second half. Apart from the goal, Llorente did well to assist the goal by Son who scored another great goal. Too bad Kane didn't play as scoring in this match would have helped him get back his best form.

Our midfield had a mixed match, playing well in the first half and poorly in the second half. Expected more from Sissoko but he didn't have much impact in this match. Similiarly, Winks was not at his best as he misplaced a few passes.Just like Llorente, Nkoudou also did well to score his first goal for us. Thought Nkoudou played well and deserved the goal. Nkoudou was also unlucky not to score another when his shot was stopped on the line in the first half. But I felt Nkoudou concentrated too much on scoring goals instead of creating chances for the team. Disappointingly Alli had another poor match despite assisting the goal for Nkoudou.

Really glad our defence managed to keep the clean sheet after so long. Apoel didn't attack much but Sanchez and Foyth played well to guard our goal. Apoel did have a few chances in the second half but fortunately they didn't make use of them. Sanchez also need to be more careful with his arms as he almost elbowed a Apoel player just like how he was red carded against Watford. Aurier did well to assist the goal for Llorente but he really needs to improve his defending.

It is great to progress to the CL Round of 16 in winning form. But we cannot get too excited about this as there are far stronger teams in the next stage. It is too early to think about the knockout stages. But let's hope we will get the luck of the draw in Round of 16. Until then, we badly need to improve our form in the league.

Last edited:
Back