• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs APOEL ***

I think anyone hoping for wholesale changes in the team for Wednesday is going to be disappointed.
One or two players rested yes, and maybe some earlier subs than usual (or some players rested to the bench rather than from the squad) but I think Poch has too much respect for the CL to send out an untried second string. He has also spoken on numerous occasions about showing respect to your opponent. He will not want to lose this game regardless of it being a dead rubber.
Not saying that's what I want to happen, but it's what I think will happen.

He needs to get out of this mind set - its all very respectable 9 I expect nothing less from him) but there is no need to play any of the key players, we have 3 massive league games in less than 2 weeks, they are more important.

Could we give Ledley a run? Five years rest should've done wonders for his knee. And him being a freak, he'd be match fit and in top form for Stoke.

Imagine his experience at the centre of defence. We wouldn't miss Toby at all.

Do it, Poch. Do it.

Why did he pretty much play a second string in it last year then, ridiculous rotation for every game
Full backs were certainly rotated across all the CL games, and there were, again, injuries to contend with. But I'd say Poch always put out a team he believed good enough to win, or take a point away. From recollection, apart from Winks being introduced, it was always players from the established first-team squad making the starting 11, rather than true second-string/youngsters.

As I say, I'd like to see as many players as possible getting a rest on Wednesday. I just have a "feeling" that it won't be as many as we might like. I hope I am wrong.

We have an U19 game against APOEL on the same day. Most of the youngsters will play there.

I think anyone hoping for wholesale changes in the team for Wednesday is going to be disappointed.
One or two players rested yes, and maybe some earlier subs than usual (or some players rested to the bench rather than from the squad) but I think Poch has too much respect for the CL to send out an untried second string. He has also spoken on numerous occasions about showing respect to your opponent. He will not want to lose this game regardless of it being a dead rubber.
Not saying that's what I want to happen, but it's what I think will happen.

I think most of us fear that Poch will play a very strong team and the line-ups which some of us have suggested are probably what we would do, rather than necessarily what we expect Poch to do. I dont expect him to pick the team I suggested for instance but equally I dont see that players like Vorm, Aurier, Rose, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, Llorente would imply that we're disrespecting the CL - they're all full internationals

Lose, lose situation for Poch, pick a strong side and he'll get slammed for not resting players, pick youngsters and a poor performance and more blame. I would pick Edwards and hope he can raise his game, it would also stop the continual clamour for his selection. The step up from our other teams to the 1st team is massive. The pace and experience of the opposition is a big gap to bridge.

Lose, lose situation for Poch, pick a strong side and he'll get slammed for not resting players, pick youngsters and a poor performance and more blame. I would pick Edwards and hope he can raise his game, it would also stop the continual clamour for his selection. The step up from our other teams to the 1st team is massive. The pace and experience of the opposition is a big gap to bridge.

As above, he can pick 7 internationals without much concern about tiredness: Vorm, Aurier, Rose, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, Llorente. Add to that GKN, who whilst he's young is a senior player and then you only need to pick 3 youngsters, and people like Foyth have decent pedigrees. He really doesnt need to pick many kids!

We have an U19 game against APOEL on the same day. Most of the youngsters will play there.
Is that selected from a squad we've already submitted? We can play the u17s or something!

Vorm, Foyth, Walker-Peters, Sissoko, GKN, Llorente

i imagine perhaps Sanchez, Rose and Aurier could still feature.

I'd hope to see in some capacity during the game:
Keanen Bennetts, Shayon Harrison, Kaziah Sterling, Dylan Duncan, Edwards, Skipp, Georgiou

Those that definitely should not be involved:
Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele, Winks, Dier, Vertonghen, Son.

This game shouldn't be overlooked or looked at with contempt.. A comprehensive performance could help repair some of the damaged confidence within the squad.

Rest players as needed, sure, but let's try and play as strong a squad possible, try and get that winning feeling back.

Vorm

Aurier Foyth Verts Rose

Dier

Sissoko Winks GKN

Son
Llorente

3-1 Tottenham

Is that selected from a squad we've already submitted? We can play the u17s or something!

Vorm, Foyth, Walker-Peters, Sissoko, GKN, Llorente

i imagine perhaps Sanchez, Rose and Aurier could still feature.

I'd hope to see in some capacity during the game:
Keanen Bennetts, Shayon Harrison, Kaziah Sterling, Dylan Duncan, Edwards, Skipp, Georgiou

Those that definitely should not be involved:
Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele, Winks, Dier, Vertonghen, Son.

I think the U-19s need to win to top their group and go through.

Besides, while it may be a dead rubber qualification wise, this match is no joke. Couple of million for a win, co-efficient points and perhaps some confidence if we win.

I don't think Poch is the kind to throw kids en masse into a match anyway tbh.

He may rotate but it will be mostly players from the sqaud imo and even then a mish mash of players. Won't be too many youth players imo.

I think the U-19s need to win to top their group and go through.

Besides, while it may be a dead rubber qualification wise, this match is no joke. Couple of million for a win, co-efficient points and perhaps some confidence if we win.

I don't think Poch is the kind to throw kids en masse into a match anyway tbh.

He may rotate but it will be mostly players from the sqaud imo and even then a mish mash of players. Won't be too many youth players imo.

I think you're right but to sustain an injury to one of our major players now would be a huge blow in a game which matters little in the grand context of the season. I understand what you mean though.

Kane, Eriksen, Dier for me should not play. These lads could do with coming back fresh next week.

This game shouldn't be overlooked or looked at with contempt.. A comprehensive performance could help repair some of the damaged confidence within the squad.

Rest players as needed, sure, but let's try and play as strong a squad possible, try and get that winning feeling back.

Vorm

Aurier Foyth Verts Rose

Dier

Sissoko Winks GKN

Son
Llorente

3-1 Tottenham

Dier needs a break more than anyone

Vorm
KWP...Foyth...Davies...Rose
Sissoko...Winks
Edwards...Son...GKN
Llorente​

Subs from Development Squad.

Last edited:
Dier and Vertonghen will probably be rested, as will Kane and Eriksen.

I'd expect Llorente, Lamela, Sissoko, Sanchez and Winks to all start. It would be a good chance to use some of the better performing youth players, but Poch seems to only have his eye on KWP and TOB.

Back