• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

Has anyone ever suggested he is? How many managers out there does that describe? And how many of them would be willing to work under our constraints? (Not that I, personally, would want anyone else).
I think the broad consensus is that he is a very, very good manager/coach with huge potential. One we are very lucky to have managing our club.
Our progress since he has been with us has been exceptional. We are still learning, improving and progressing. As is Poch himself. Why would you think that is suddenly going to stop? We are a long way from peaking.
this 'poster' is such a wum

under the financial constraints we operate under, we are truly blessed with Poche and his project

Forgot Alli had his foot kicked taking a shot. I don't like blaming refs because they are human like the players but Mike Dean made several poor decisions today which enabled Wham to continue playing as they did.

I think thats the key. As expected WHAM went full Moyes. Even back in his Everton days his team were always expert in the dark arts. Niggles, digs, pulls, pinches, "accidentally just a touch late" challenges...

West Ham were at it big time. A proper ref would have carded a couple early on to keep it in check. Dean just let them off with it.

And yet we created the most chances. Score one early and it's done

Had Sons goal happened in the first half it would have been a cricket score. That much is obvious. Typically it was one of those where the longer it went on 0-0/0-1 the less likely we were to score.

While Im fudging livid we didnt win (we REALLY should have) am also incredibly grateful we didnt lose as I thought thats where it was heading.

When playing out from Lloris, we seemed to start very slowly far too often.
Once we did have the ball upfield, I thought much of our passing was fast and sharp and we ran rings around WH - but all around the edge of the box. Trying to get through the morass of bodies just proved too much for us. Maybe a sharper Kane, or a less tired Dele, would have had more luck on another night. That's all it needed, one bit of luck and the floodgates would have opened. I said to my nephew as the first half wore on that we absolutely had to go in at half time with a lead, otherwise it was going to be a very difficult and frustrating second half, and so it proved.

WH came with one aim, and that was to not lose. When they did have an opportunity to start an attack themselves, they looked clueless - or it may just have been a reluctance to venture out of their own half and leave space for us. Either way it was effective, wholly served its purpose for them, and they got the flukey goal that we deserved that almost won it for them.
They'll be ecstatic with the draw. But at the end of the season, we will still be in or around the top 4 (firmly in it, imo). They will be in or around the bottom 4 (relegation possible but I think they will just scrape clear).

I now have to grit my teeth and pay a bet to a Spam fan for us not taking all 6 points. If I'm honest, that's probably what's irking me the most! Any other time it would just have been an unlucky night.

Just seen the highlights
How did Dean not give a penalty for the pull on Kane or the clear punch on allis head (even though he was going for the ball)

I also think they pumped some the sound in as it was quiet in the ground

Always knew we won't win this match due to the OMT being jinxed ! This shows you can't mess around with OMTs and have to follow the tried and tested match rituals !:mad::(:oops::rolleyes:

It's time for you to have a long look in the mirror and admit that you screwed this up. You could have made this thread worthy of the OMT Gods. Instead you took no responsibility and looked for excuses. You have ruined our season. I hope that you are happy.

Adrians challenge on Alli was farcical, it was so late and then he just clattered him. Not even remotely close to the ball, just took the player out.
I can't remember ever seeing that being given as a penalty.

The Alli one was the clearest and should be possible to see. I think Alli's reputation worked against us there. The Kane one is difficult to see clearly, but obviously a penalty on the replays.

VAR would have seen us with two penalties.

2 points dropped. Everything else is history.
The reasons for point drop that were under our control, was our continued inability to breakdown a packed defence.
We must have dropped between 10-12? points is a similar fashion this season.

West Ham are much improved under Moyes, I didn't see that coming when he was put in charge.

I wonder if VAR would have made any difference?
Maybe a debate for another time.

What's the right place when you have 2 or 3 defenders following you?

Others not making the runs and/or passes he creates space for is not his fault.
When your wing backs and son are out wide ready to cross then surely kanes position is in the box.
He seemed to come out to allow some one to run behind him, no one did.

When your wing backs and son are out wide ready to cross then surely kanes position is in the box.
He seemed to come out to allow some one to run behind him, no one did.
Trying to score from a cross against a settled and packed defence? And without getting in behind them?

That would be just about the least productive thing we could possibly do. We'd have been better off giving Sissoko the ball to pass to the linesman.

While we didn't get the rub if the green last night - not only the ref but also our shooting and Adrian's luck when saving deflections not falling to our players, however it must be remembered that we have had a fair degree of good fortune this season from games - especially in crucial opening goals.

Off the top of my head, our first goals this season which favored us are : Llorente offside (Swansea), Auriers fluke (Brighton) Shawcross og (Stoke) Kane pen (Burnley) Kane offside (? forgotten).

It is on these crucial first goals that we need to improve. Once cracked, floodgates often open. It is why I argue that particularly in this context corners can be so vital. Our corners yesterday, of which we had seven, were again pants. Nothing epitomized this more than Eriksen's corner in the final minutes, when we had the considerable aerial threat of Llorente, Sánchez, Verts, Kane, Wanyama and Alli in the box. For the umpeenth time Eriksen failed to clear the first man. Practicing a dead ball situation where we get about 5-10 possibilities per game can only give us a greater edge to open our account against packed defenses or in tight games.

I thought we pretty much wasted the first half last night; we really only started playing with any urgency after we'd conceded. Couldn't understand what Sissoko was still doing on the pitch beyond about the first half an hour. It felt like we had ten men and they had twelve in parts of the game. Dier as well, really. Ah, well ... on we go.

Trying to score from a cross against a settled and packed defence? And without getting in behind them?

That would be just about the least productive thing we could possibly do. We'd have been better off giving Sissoko the ball to pass to the linesman.

To be fair, we did break on them a number of times, we just didn't do it quickly enough. Mostly we dawdled and allowed them to get back in front of us, but there were at least two occasions where Davies fizzed a cross into a dangerous area and there was just no-one else within twenty yards of the box. No-one busting a gut to get there.

I don’t think that was me? As I have just seen your comments after posting what I have said. I supported the team through the match and it was just the last fifteen minutes or so that I lost my cool. Where were you sat?

134 row 21 near the aisle.

Geezer in question wore glasses and a Aquascutum (snide?) jacket.

100%. As frustrating as it can be playing against a team that is sitting deep and has no intention of coming out, moving the ball across the back line and trying to create an opening, is our best chance of scoring.

To really improve our chances, we need someone who can dance through a packed defence with the ball at their feet. We have only had a handful of players who could regularly do that in our history and I am struggling to think of one, currently playing, who is attainable.

Last edited:
Adrians challenge on Alli was farcical, it was so late and then he just clattered him. Not even remotely close to the ball, just took the player out.
Not even Adrian’s worst challenge of the game :eek:

DSuUUWMW0AAH0L8.jpg

Back