• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

Nice to know you're all very gracious in defeat :rolleyes: A lot of conspiracy theories flying around on here tonight. You'll be telling me there's a a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis next! As cup finals go, this was a very enjoyable one. :)
Enjoy it while it lasts. You've probably got two more cup finals then the rest will be against Millwall and Charlton for a few years as the natural order of things returns.

Sigh. 70 points. It was the aim before the game, it must remain the aim now.

None of this 'title' bullcrap, if you please.

On that front, we can still get to the 70-point mark with 4 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses. It's a bit squeakier, and will now require upper mid-table form heading into the final ten games, but I think it's feasible. That should secure at least a CL spot (probably at least 4th).

Down to earth with a bump! Poor performance last night, the worst we've put in this season. We didn't click at all first half, and let them come at us too quickly and take control. Pretty turgid game to watch. Dropping 3 points isn't the end of things by any means, it was going to happen in the run-in at some stage, but it's just galling that it was against that lot, and they will milk it. But they were better than us last night, The main thing now is the players picking themselves up, and putting things right on Saturday. We have seen what they can do after a defeat, so let's hope for the same reaction after this one. COYS!

When I asked the question before the game on what formation they were playing, I had a feeling they would be changing it to frustrate us. So it proved. Got to give Bilic credit for that. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

I bet they dont play with that intensity again this season. They had so much more power and pace than us.

Of all our players we need to keep, Lloris, Alderweireld, Dembele, Dier, Ali & Kane fit. If they can play every game we will be ok and secure a top 3 finish.

Would you rather they played on Saturday?

I was thinking about this, in an ideal world if the games were all weekend only, i think Rose & Walker last night with their experience in these games, bit more pace and perhaps more physical at times would have been ideal, but in the real world Poch showed faith with his methods and it didnt work out. Ill leave the thinking to him and move on to dreams of winning Saturday.

I'm so annoyed at the absolute bog standard, reductive state of the British football press. We lost last night but does it have to mean we are suddenly too tired, bottled it or that nerves got to us? We played away in an intense atmosphere on a rubbish pitch against a team that for some reason views us with absolute disdain and will raise their game to our level. We knew before the game it would be really tough and indeed it was - they are a good side. Still seemed like we fought as much as we could but unfortunately we came up against a side at the top of their game. It happens.

I bet they dont play with that intensity again this season. They had so much more power and pace than us.

Of all our players we need to keep, Lloris, Alderweireld, Dembele, Dier, Ali & Kane fit. If they can play every game we will be ok and secure a top 3 finish.

Extra days rest
Home team
Cup Final

I'm so annoyed at the absolute bog standard, reductive state of the British football press. We lost last night but does it have to mean we are suddenly too tired, bottled it or that nerves got to us? We played away in an intense atmosphere on a rubbish pitch against a team that for some reason views us with absolute disdain and will raise their game to our level. We knew before the game it would be really tough and indeed it was - they are a good side. Still seemed like we fought as much as we could but splendidly we came up against a side at the top of their game. It happens.

I actually discussed this with a mate at the pub last night, "now watch the media tear us down based on this game alone". It's not just the English media. They all like to make huge stories out of nothing, specifically a defeat, they did the same when we lost to Leicester, then to just pretend that they never did when we went on to win six on the trot. Always looking to maximize crisis from a tiny tiny sample size. It's the rule with tabloid media.

I actually discussed this with a mate at the pub last night, "now watch the media tear us down based on this game alone". It's not just the English media. They all like to make huge stories out of nothing, specifically a defeat, they did the same when we lost to Leicester, then to just pretend that they never did when we went on to win six on the trot. Always looking to maximize crisis from a tiny tiny sample size. It's the rule with tabloid media.

It's so boring! Were we tired or nervous when we lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine or did we just balls it up? Or did we just lose a game of football...which happens, especially in one of the most competitive leagues.

I also don't like how Arsenal are just being absolutely hammered at the moment. Time and time again the press turns on them and time and time again they fire back. I'm liking that they aren't performing well right now but I wouldn't put it past them to do something against us.

That was a battle of a game. West Ham came away with a win just because Chadli fudgeed up at a corner.
The way they played in the first half reminds me of us. Didnt give us any time on the ball and blocked up all out opportunities to string passes together.
First team we've come up against for a while who were better physically than us. We needed Dembele, Walker and Alli to compete with this.
We really stepped it up second half though. It didnt feel like the Palace game were I feel we gave up.

The take aways from this are:
Walker and Rose have to play these tight games Trippier and Davies are fine for Norwich at home when we are trying to break a side down all game
You cant play Chadli when we have any defending to be done during the game.
We are a bit lightweight against a physical team without Dembele and Alli.
West Ham are gonna take points off Arsenal and Leicester.
Excellent points. I agree with you 100%

I just wrote in the Pochettino thread that I don't think any team would've coped well with West Ham's intensity in the first half yesterday. The key when faced with that is to be able to soak it up, not give anything silly away and then take advantage in the last quarter of the game when they tire (as is inevitable with the level of intensity they displayed). The mistake at the corner was therefore particularly galling, it added a few extra decibels to the crowd and also gave West Ham something to hang on to in the second half.

Regarding us being lightweight, the manager was hamstrung a little by Dembele being injured and Alli also carrying a niggle from his warm up injury at the weekend which makes it understandable that Pochettino held him back with an eye on Saturday's game.

Last edited:
Nice to know you're all very gracious in defeat :rolleyes: A lot of conspiracy theories flying around on here tonight. You'll be telling me there's a a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis next! As cup finals go, this was a very enjoyable one. :)

Just scrolling back, but cannot detect any input from you back in November? Were you on holiday?

It's so boring! Were we tired or nervous when we lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine or did we just balls it up? Or did we just lose a game of football...which happens, especially in one of the most competitive leagues.

I also don't like how Arsenal are just being absolutely hammered at the moment. Time and time again the press turns on them and time and time again they fire back. I'm liking that they aren't performing well right now but I wouldn't put it past them to do something against us.

Ever since 24 hour reporting came in its got more and more like this. There's not enough actual news to fill 24 hours so sky sports news, twitter feeds, facebook pages etc etc have to discuss everything at lengths that they don't need to be discussed to fill the time. This bleeds into the non 24 hour stuff like newspapers etc too.

In short, the media is a big massive pile of nonsense spouting brick.

West Ham fan here ... I come in peace lol. Been reading through the knee jerk reactions and feeble WHU insults (much like you will find on the West Ham forums re Spurs!). A few points

Both teams had to play on that pitch which was a bit dodgy on Saturday (I was watching on telly tonight but it didn't look that much worse)

No one seems to have spotted that Kouyate was the reason you looked so average

On another day, both your CBs could have been sent off

Still think you will win the league - good luck
I too thought Kouyate was excellent. He is a beast of a man and also very unflappable. I thought Noble was also first class for you lot. I think the poor pitch probably suited you more than us, the game being a scrap suited you and the pitch meant that it was difficult to play football. How come the pitch is poor? I know that Allardyce used to like growing the grass long when you played us, but I doubt Billic is asking for a boggy pitch is he?

I don't think either of our CBs could've been sent off. Both of their yellow cards were yellow cards only. The second incident when Wimmer could've had a second yellow (or even a straight red?) came about because Eminike pulled him back, hence us getting the foul.

Winning the league will be difficult. We still have a tough run with away matches at Chelsea, Liverpool and Stoke to come. All are tough placed to win. We might also be playing a Saudi Sportswashing Machine team away on the last day of the season with them needing a result to stay up.

For you guys I think if you can avoid defeat at Old Trafford in the FA Cup qtr final then you can go all the way and win it this year. Especially if you show the desire and physicality that you did in that first half last night.

Back