• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

Best West ham I've seen since I can remember. Payet is pure class, we need to contain him at all cost. I think a draw is a realistic result. Hopefully we can run them down and steal a win.

Would we settle for a draw now for this one? Anyone?

I like that team but I think it is a game to man mark Payet. Perhaps Bentaleb is the man for that task or maybe Mason with Bentaleb playing the Dier role.

Have we man marked an opponent this season? I cannot remember an instance and I am not quite clear how that would fit with our pressing game and Dier dropping back to make a three.

Have we man marked an opponent this season? I cannot remember an instance and I am not quite clear how that would fit with our pressing game and Dier dropping back to make a three.

Proper man marking seems to have disappeared from the game these days. Proper art to it when done effectively anyway.

Proper man marking seems to have disappeared from the game these days. Proper art to it when done effectively anyway.

Agree - very rare to see someone being man-marked nowadays and don't think we need to. We play quite narrowly which condenses space for the opposition

If we fielded the team which I posted above (thereby resting Kane, Dier and Alli for the NLD) then I would take a point. In my view, it would be point gained rather than two lost if we had those three better rested for Sat

Kane had last midweek of due to his nose so can't see him being rested. We are playing a team that are 6th in the league so Poch can't play anything that short of what he thinks is his best team. Fullbacks will be changed and maybe Mason in for Alli?

Kane had last midweek of due to his nose so can't see him being rested. We are playing a team that are 6th in the league so Poch can't play anything that short of what he thinks is his best team. Fullbacks will be changed and maybe Mason in for Alli?

Alli gets next Thursday off, does that make him more likely to play Wednesday and Saturday?

West Ham will play for the win, Bilic isn't a sit back and get a draw type of manager and West Ham have little to gain from parking the bus. This will be an attacking game and I am so feked off this is not on TV

Alli gets next Thursday off, does that make him more likely to play Wednesday and Saturday?

Alli will get himself sent off in this game, i'm almost certain of it. The likes of Noble and Song will love to rough him up and he'll retaliate.

Here's a question to ponder with the squad rotation…which of our next two games is actually the harder? West Ham away has a few people worried, they'll be more than up for the fight. Arsenal are the better team with greater quality in Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud, Cech etc, but we'll obvs have home advantage. If we could only have Kane, Alli, Dembele and Dier for one of those games which would it be?

2pts return from these two games could feel disappointing in terms of a title challenge, but it'd keep the unbeaten run going and would have course keep Arsenal at bay.
3pts means one of them stop our unbeaten run and could be damaging for morale. Though i'd take a defeat to West Ham if it meant we beat the Goons. Beat West Ham but have Arsenal undo that good work at WHL could spell disaster.
4pts+ dreamland!

west ham are a decent side, but lets not forget how easily we dealt with them last time, obviously Payet wasn't a factor then but if they try and rely on Noble like they did then we'll get plenty of space between the lines

it's a game in which Alli and Lamela should theoretically excel, i'd play Mason with Dier at the base

this should obviously be the focus and I wouldn't be thinking of resting anyone for the arsenal game, the one exception to that is Dembele, I don't know how close he is but I wouldn't even consider him for this

west ham are a decent side, but lets not forget how easily we dealt with them last time, obviously Payet wasn't a factor then but if they try and rely on Noble like they did then we'll get plenty of space between the lines

it's a game in which Alli and Lamela should theoretically excel, i'd play Mason with Dier at the base

this should obviously be the focus and I wouldn't be thinking of resting anyone for the arsenal game, the one exception to that is Dembele, I don't know how close he is but I wouldn't even consider him for this

Feeling in my bones he will be back for Saturday.

Based on Poch's comments after Sun, and part guessing regarding who he might have been referred to, it wouldn't surprise me to see something like this. The tired people could only really be Dier, Kane, and perhaps Alder, Eriksen or Lamela. We can then bring back Alli, Dier, Kane, Walker and Rose for the NLD fresh. There's not much more than 48 hours between the Wet Spam game and the NLD so there needs to be some rotation over this run of 3 games.

---------------------Lloris-----------------------

--Trippier----Alder-----Wimmer-----Davies--

--------------Bentaleb-----Mason---------------

---Lamela-----------Eriksen------------Son-----

-----------------------Chadli--------------------

Dier seems absolutely fine playing a ton of games. His role isn't one of huge intensity like some of the more attacking roles (and full backs) as he is often asked to sit and when we press he's not the one that has to press and then get back into position.
Alli for me is the one that's looked most like he's been tiring recently. He also played all 3 cup games apart from about 10 minutes and then the full 90 minutes against Swansea.
Kane sat out the Fiorentina game and has been fine with 3 games in a week in the past. Looked fresh against Swansea I thought.
Eriksen has been playing a ton and running even more, but doesn't really seem to tire.

Alli and Eriksen the most likely to be rested for me, with full backs most likely rotating. I don't think Pochettino will start Bentaleb and Mason in the centre right now.

Lamela----------Son-------------Chadli
----------------Kane-----------------------

The most rotated line-up I can see. But I could easily see Eriksen start again as he's looked in tremendous physical shape.

Not right now no... Though it wouldn't be a bad result for us.

If we go 3-0 down after 20 minutes and they keep us out for another hour I might consider it ;)

We're probably not going to man mark anyone.

Dier man marking someone when we're pressing seems like a rather large change of system and just not worth it. We're all about shape and system, getting Dier dragged out of that system would cause more problems than it solves for me.

Last edited:
I think this will be a very hard game; In fact this and Arsenal will be similarly hard for us. West Ham due to the physicality and effort they will put up against us, Arsenal will put up far less physical (or maybe even effort-wise) but of course much more quality.

I think we'll need a solid physical side on Wednesday, so i'd go:

Lloris
Tripper, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies
Dier, Mason
Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli
Kane

I think it was crucial that both Dier and Alli avoided yellow cards yesterday; i expect BOTH to get one here; Noble and some of his clogger chums will ensure it. Mason is needed to back them up in that regard.
Carrol may be a worry, but if we can stop them on the wings then he should be nullified. Payet, i think wont be as much of a worry as he might be for other sides.
I just hope we can go unscathed physically and card-wise for the NLD. However this on paper is more important to keep our slim cushion against them before the weekend. Win this then worry about Arsenal. At the very least WE MUST NOT LOSE.

I'll go for 3-1 to us: Kane double and Lamela. Kouyate for them.

COYS

The reason for rotating on Wed is the game which follows. Personally I think the performances of Kane, Alli and Eriksen have dipped recently whilst Dier must be absolutely knackered with the amount he's played and position he plays.

Tough game sure, but more than capable of winning this and should be absolutely no talk of settling for a draw. Yes their fans will be up for it but so what? We have our own ambitions to play for right now, let's go make this a week to remember.

Lloris

Trippier Alderweireld Wimmer Davies

Dier Mason

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Kane

Back