• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT****Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham 8pm Friday 5th May

Oh, I think Our Man Kane has had this fixture in mind for a while. As a proper Spurs man, he knows there's some business to be settled.

An early Spurs goal would be nice, but this will be a battle of attrition, focus and patience, something we're well equipped to deal with. Grind away and let their rabble pressure them into forcing the play. Hit 'em hard on the counter and listen to the symphony of misery erupt.

They have home games with us and Liverpool, then Burnley away on the final day, so more than a little pressure is mounting for them to get a result to ensure safety and there's every chance they won't get one. Burnley is hardly a venue I'd be happy to visit if a result was needed after two losses and Swansea and Hull winning twice. A shame Swansea was robbed at Old Trafford last week. They have to have three wins for a shot at safety. Their goal differential is a killer.

Hull have a winnable game against Sunderland then a crucial test away to Crystal Palace. They could go into their final home game against a Spurs side eliminated from the title race (hope not, but...) needing a win or tie that might spell relegation for West Ham.

What a wonderful backdrop to have going into this game. Even better if it holds up after this weekend.

And for the record, as I've stated before, I remain relaxed and confident about this Spurs side.

Any t@e@a@m n@e@w@s yet ?

This is going to be another nervy away match. We needed late goals against Swansea and Palace to win our last 2 away matches. Want us to score early against West Ham and control the match from start to finish. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to win and move closer to first place in the league.

Really enjoyed this article about how bricky west ham's year in the new stadium has been by professional west ham fan journo and clam Jacob Steinberg.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-ham-first-season-london-stadium-slaven-bilic

"...this is a venue with architectural flaws such as the large gap between the tiers, the effect of which is to make the stadium feel disorienting, too spaced out and cobbled together. The running track is a huge problem but it is here to stay. This is the price to pay for playing in a quasi-athletics arena.

The point of going to football instead of watching on television is to smell the action. Sit too low and you will struggle to see the other end; too far back and it feels like you are in a different postcode. You drift off. You leave early. You decide that was a waste of money. You stay at home next time."

So what do we know from reading previous posts?

a) West Ham are really going to go for it as this is an important game for them, unlike our last three opponents in the league who just laid down and let us tickle their bellies!
b) Last season we didn't win any of our last 4 games, forget we have won our last 9 this season!
c) A lot of our fans have no faith in the manager or team and would rather wrap themselves in their "in-security" blank and wallow in self pity!

Any t@e@a@m n@e@w@s yet ?

This is going to be another nervy away match. We needed late goals against Swansea and Palace to win our last 2 away matches. Want us to score early against West Ham and control the match from start to finish. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to win and move closer to first place in the league.

Lamela is injured so we have no chance.

Another test for our Team. Yet another huge game.
Sure they will be up for it...but a test for our boys to show they are not weak about this game.
It's a game we have to be strong about if we are to turn the corner and become a side to be reckoned with.

"Oh when the Spurs......."

And let's be honest, West ham are brick, but because they hate us so much, for reasons unknown to us, we do enjoy beating this lot more than say Swansea. It's just that it's not that important to us, it's not a fixture you really circle in the calendar, so to speak. I can think of a host of teams I enjoy beating a whole lot more than them though.

Yeah, I've never understood the hatred either. They're our 3rd biggest rival at best. Why don't they have the same hatred for Arsenal or Chelsea?

Yeah, I've never understood the hatred either. They're our 3rd biggest rival at best. Why don't they have the same hatred for Arsenal or Chelsea?

Geographical mainly according to a West Ham mate. I grew up in North London and the rivalry was always le Arse, nobody else.
My mate grew up in Chingford and there is a large Spurs support in the Essex region so I imagine it's derived from there. I don't get it and treat it as a game I'd obviously like to win but nowhere near as bad as wanting to beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

We need to win all our remaining 4 matches to stay in the title race. But last season, we lost out in the title race after going winless in our last 4 league matches. We have to do much better this time, starting with this game against West Ham. This is going to be another tough and tense away match for us. Being yet another London derby, West Ham will be fired up against us, as always. We have a poor record at West Ham, winning 2 and losing 3 of our last 5 matches there. There always seem to be some drama involved whenever we play West Ham away. Remember the Lasagna Gate in 2006 which cost us the 4th place and last season when we lost 1-0 which ultimately cost us the league title. And who can forget that dramatic match when we came back from 2-0 down to win 4-3 in 2007 ? It will be a huge boost to us if we can win like that but without conceding any goals !

You say poor but in the Premier league we have played them 20 times away winning 8, drawing 3 and losing 9. Not great but certainly not poor. 'Poor' (or even 'abysmal') is our record at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

Geographical mainly according to a West Ham mate. I grew up in North London and the rivalry was always le Arse, nobody else.
My mate grew up in Chingford and there is a large Spurs support in the Essex region so I imagine it's derived from there. I don't get it and treat it as a game I'd obviously like to win but nowhere near as bad as wanting to beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

They are our second biggest rival.

Chelsea are as a big a rival as Palace or QPR. We may be closer to Chelsea as a football team but we have much more history with West Ham.

They are our second biggest rival.

Chelsea are as a big a rival as Palace or QPR. We may be closer to Chelsea as a football team but we have much more history with West Ham.

Do we? We have played Chelsea in multiple cup finals, we essentially sent them down in the mid 70s whilst we stayed up, a lot of resentment from them towards us stems from that IIRC. Every Spurs fan I know hated Chelsea in the 90s when I was growing up and they were a nothing club.

West Ham are just irrelevant. The rivalry seems totally manufactured from their side.

Back