• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT****Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham 8pm Friday 5th May

Feared this banana skin, TBH. West Ham are always turning up for their twice annual chance to beat their big brother. Which is why I'd like to see them relegated, because for some reason they only give 100% against us and not their other London big brothers. It's a disadvantage for us, obviously, even if we normally beat them.

Time wasting after the goal was ridiculous, by the way. Five minutes is nothing. Adrian wasted three-four minutes on goal kicks alone, there were six subs, there was a minute or so when the ball was bouncing around in the stands, more than a minute to restart the game after the goal...eight-nine minutes minimum I could put together a very good argument for.

Not that it would've mattered, because this was a poor showing from us. They got lucky with multiple bounces for the goal, but we were impotent and lacking both desire and creativity.

And that's that as far as the title is concerned. We needed a 100% record and 13 (!) straight wins to be in with a shout, which would've been an amazing achievement in itself. It was always Chelski's to lose, and they've simply been better than us over the course of the season. Another totle well bought.

Now we need to make sure we regain momentum for our final three games, so we'll reach at least 80 points and secure second place. Which, all things considered, will be a great result for us.

Onwards and upwards - COYS!

I think we've ground out a few. Chelsea are doing a Leicester, brick team on a lucky run.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

with no European football a wage bill twice the size of us and from what I can tell no injuries they are going to win the league but I think if we finish second with a record points haul we can consider it a good season

I didn't expect anything else. West ham really wanted to win their cup final. If they had the same will to win the rest of their games, they would be up there with united and Arsenal.

Galling to lose to the Bingo Boys, our lads were probably knackered by the day hike from the changing rooms to the pitch.

Stupid Friday night football anyway. No one wants this apart from Sky.

Anyway....

If we were ever going to slip up it would be again Wet Spam. They reminded me of every match Leicester played last season but frankly we still should have won but it. Our problem remains the same in that we don't have players who we can bring on to change the game when it is not going well. I don't count Dembele in that because I assume he is carrying some knock hence why he didn't start. Something was wrong tonight, whole team was off which is unusual. Not sure if Walker is just the same worse frankly. Perhaps we are looking at it differently.

Still, and I've said this before, we are still punching above our weight and with the right sort of additions during the summer this could be the difference.

No matter if we won every game until the end of the season I still don't see Chelsea dropping points. How much did not being in Europe help Chelsea? Plus we drew too many when Kane first got injured and yet we were still pushed them hard.

If anything we needed to win that F.A. Cup Semi and seal a great season (and come on it is great right now being a Spurs fan) with the cup!

So with that in mind there is one thing left that could make this a very good season and that is beat United and leave the old Lane unbeaten all season.

I think tonight highlights how integral Eriksen is to the fortunes of our team -- he had a poor game and we played badly. If he plays well, then the team does. Either that, or he needs the team to be playing well to perform himself, I'm not totally sure. He's been so good lately too.

Have to say that was the worst performance from Toby that I've seen. Not just his dingdonging about when Hugo saved him, he was all over the place all night.

Not that any of our players, Hugo aside, had a good game.

Other than Toby and maybe Hugo, who is 'seasoned' - and by that I mean in the prime of their careers?

well that's not what I mean by seasoned so you'll have to provide your own answer for that criteria

I mean players who have been regulars in a team for 4 seasons or more, rookie status well behind them

Hugo and Toby both looked shaky tonight, as did Walker, Dembele and Wanyama both failed to control the MF like they normally do, neither Verts nor Eriksen looked settled at any point

again we hand the league title over to a team sat on their sofas

an atrocious performance

spurs will always let you down
fudge off! Just fudge right off! We haven't been top of the league all season! We haven't handed it to anyone! It has been Chelskis too loose all along! Just tinkle off! We've been brilliant all season! If you can only support when we win, you might as well just go support West ham!

Ah well, season over. Let's get that last point we need to close out 2nd place.

I think I'd have actually preferred drawing with Arsenal to losing to West Ham. I detest those hate filled bastards.

fudge off! Just fudge right off! We haven't been top of the league all season! We haven't handed it to anyone! It has been Chelskis too loose all along! Just tinkle off! We've been brilliant all season! If you can only support when we win, you might as well just go support West ham!

Exactly

If we had been top the fair enough

Surely we won't do what we did last season and lose the last few games? We must secure 2nd place and we should aim to do it in our last ever game at the lane.

Indeed. Real test of character for the team. I think it's real important we show we've got the guts and will to fight for the remaining matches, otherwise we'll be dubbed bottlers again and sign off on another low. We need to finish strong. Securing second means everything, in my opinion. We can't succumb to the melodramatic nihilistic don't give a brick if we finish second or fourth brick now. Second is what matters. We need to fudging get it and sign off on a high. Get a good feeling going into the summer.

Back