• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* OMT Tottenham Hotspur v the Public Investment Fund *

I see we go for the famous 2-5-3 formation. That's basically what it is, because neither Porro nor Pericic are anything other than wing backs, at best!

PEH aint no holding midfielder, would hope it's one of the other two holding and PEH the furthest forward of the 3
Fair point. It could be any of them.
Someone mentioned it might even be two of them. Especially if Romero does a Romero.

I'm wouldn't say any of them are holding midfielders. But all can do a job of being a nuisance there.
Be interesting to see!

PEH aint no holding midfielder, would hope it's one of the other two holding and PEH the furthest forward of the 3

Sarr isn't a holding CM either.
Should be Skipp holding with the other 2 able to push up when we have the ball

TBF not has our manager or anyone on here because of it....no hope today

in fairess I've seen other outlets claim he is LCB now....imagne that

They are probably just going off the sky line up.
Sarr wont be playing as a CB. We have 4 players on the bench that can play cb, one of those would have been used

Sarr wont be playing as a CB. We have 4 players on the bench that can play cb, one of those would have been used

Correct and correct imo. Skipp is an out and out DM for me and has found himself if too many ‘nosebleed’ positions recently.

Ideally we’d have a goal getter as the 3rd CM but it’s a start.

Fwiw I think these full backs are a risk in a 433.

Surely one of those 3 midfielders will be dropping back at times?

Thought Danjuma might have done enough to earn a starting berth ahead of Kulusevski, but hey, it is what it is

Porro is fine as a FB

Perisic at LB is curious, though the only caveat to that is that his weakness this season has been that his legs dont see capable of the running needed for a WB. There's probably less ground to be covered as a FB

Sky suggesting Sarr as lcb
So is the BBC. Can't see it, myself - looks more like a super-attacking 4-3-3. If we get at 'em and score first, things could get very interesting. But if the Geordies start well, I think it's going to be a very painful afternoon.

So is the BBC. Can't see it, myself - looks more like a super-attacking 4-3-3. If we get at 'em and score first, things could get very interesting. But if the Geordies start well, I think it's going to be a very painful afternoon.

Think its lazy journalism. Has to be a good chance that Davies comes on at some point not far into the second half

Fair enough, was just saying like

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I'm a lot more optimistic if we're playing 4-3-3

Rather than being over-run in midfield and pushed back, we should be able to hold our own and play higher up and with more of the ball

Would take a lot of pressure off the back 4 and give more chances to the front 3

I've not watched Newcash this year, so am not sure how they play.

So... will our full backs be exposed to good wide players?

BBC say Newcash are 433 with Trippier, Longstaff and Murphy their "right hand side". I imagine Trips will get forward a lot, with their "left full back" Dan Burn tucking in more as a centre back.

Their "left side" is Burn Willock JoeLinton... doesn't seem like they are "wide men" in particular i.e. not a clear winger I think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65290299

Stellini confirming its 433

Scratch that. He said we've played 3 in midfield before, but refused to confirm its 433. Not sure how it could be a 352 given the personnel

Back