• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v sunlun***

Not a good result but you could tell they are in a relegation battle, at least we didn't lose. Can't believe the ref though! When he penalised Walker for a throw in and then let them gain ground, fudging joke.

Losing Rose made a big difference, in terms of getting forward effectively. And we lack quality attacking options off the bench.

We were devoid of ideas in how to break them down. Not sure if reverting to 4-2-3-1 was the problem, as that was the formation that saw us struggle to break down park-the-bus teams in the first half of the season. The again, it could have been the brick OMT. Probably the latter.

Not a great result, but this is the PL: no game is a gimme. The Scum lost at home to Watford, which is far worse than us drawing against a spirited Sunderland side.

Bench shown up again.

Nothing to really change things when not going out way.

Manager clearly doesn't trust Janssen and Sissoko poor.

End of season will show if that was a point gained or lost.

That's the thing. Not that I'm really thinking about the title, but people who do should have a look at our bench and maybe think again. We don't have much depth at all.

Every game in this league is tricky, but if we want to be a title winning side, we have to find a way to win when we know our rivals have fixtures where they are more likely to drop points -- particularly when we are chasing them.

Of course but you are/were saying we didn't win because of the importance of winning when Chelsea are likely to drop points - when it is most likely just us dropping points in a tricky game

Not a good result but you could tell they are in a relegation battle, at least we didn't lose. Can't believe the ref though! When he penalised Walker for a throw in and then let them gain ground, fudging joke.

that was ridiculous, he stole twice the yards walker did

Disagree

No good having a striker in the bench and giving him 7 minutes when we haven't tested the keeper all game

Poch has to actually gamble some times in the league

Draws are what killed us last season

If the tactics ain't working ... change them
Playing Janssen in the PL rarely achieves anything. I think the mistake was taking off Son, he can change a match In a split second.

That's the thing. Not that I'm really thinking about the title, but people who do should have a look at our bench and maybe think again. We don't have much depth at all.

We really dont have depth and when I tell fans of other teams that - they say we have no belief. LOL!! Spurs really need to get a proper creative player in. The load can be too much on Eriksen.

I really don't think so, they don't know whats going on in other games, you can only play the board

it doesn't matter what happens in each game week, yeah we drew at sunderland, but liverpool lost at home to swansea, bournemouth can lose at palace, anything can happen at any time

it's a failure of management if some of our games are treated differently because they are being played on the same day as a rival is playing someone else

They might not know what's going on during the game, but they know that Chelsea have games against Liverpool and Arsenal, and are more likely to drop points than if they were playing two poor teams. I just don't think our players can handle this situation, like I just said in another post, we are at the level of Arsenal but with less money. We look good in most games, but when it comes down to it we fall short. My own fault for over-rating our team, but a poor performance (and we have had two in a row in the league) can give a bit of perspective I suppose. The same thing played out last season.

Bad plan was match for three defenders as we were playing and against defensive teams with great success.Davies x son. Now we missed the last great opportunity.

Wanyama should have won that. Somehow he stooped under the ball, just a fraction at that speed. Had Wanyama scored we'd say good performance.

First half we were poor, Son wasn't sharp. He needs a rocket under his arse, he has the tools imo. Confidence and focus missing maybe? After the yellow that should have been red, we lost our cool. Gave them foul after foul, instead of getting that precious goal we needed.

Disagree

No good having a striker in the bench and giving him 7 minutes when we haven't tested the keeper all game

Poch has to actually gamble some times in the league

Draws are what killed us last season

If the tactics ain't working ... change them

I concur - but the manager doesn't trust Janssen does he so he isn't going to bring him on.

They might not know what's going on during the game, but they know that Chelsea have games against Liverpool and Arsenal, and are more likely to drop points than if they were playing two poor teams. I just don't think our players can handle this situation, like I just said in another post, we are at the level of Arsenal but with less money. We look good in most games, but when it comes down to it we fall short. My own fault for over-rating our team, but a poor performance (and we have had two in a row in the league) can give a bit of perspective I suppose. The same thing played out last season.

I agree. We don't have the mental bottle in these situations. Nor do we have the cutting edge. We need a creative spark. That special player.

Another chance to take advantage of rivals dropping points sleep-walked through, but then it seems you can always trust Spurs to drop their game to meet the level of the opposition. At least while Dembele and Son were still on, we seemed to be getting into promising positions, even if we did fuсk all with them. That totally dried up when Sissoko and Janssen appeared.

Back