• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sporting CP ***

I hear you and they are fair points. The place went wild on Wednesday when Kane scored but even though I was part of it, part of me was also saying “please don’t go to VAR, please don’t go to VAR.” Im sure I wasn’t the only one. It was so frustrating and excruciating waiting as well coz you don’t have the benefit of seeing the replays so you’ve no idea what could happen.

So I get your point. I guess the counter argument is that you don’t see major, blatant injustices like you would have done pre-VAR when the officials make mistakes. So on that basis, I think there is surely a place for VAR in the game. Yet, whenever I try to evaluate how it should be used, I can’t find a way that doesn’t prompt a significant problem. So it’s a question of the least worst solution and I can see the argument for what you’re saying to be fair.

The only technology which as improved the game (imo) is the goal line technology as that one is spot on. Refs do make mistakes ( after all they are human and we have seen them do it) but bringing in VAR in the pretense that it will improve the game has been a failure in my and many others eyes. Its taken more away from the match going experiance then anything else imo ( but i do know some may disagree)

First half was much worse than against Saudi Sportswashing Outfit for me. I didn’t think we were awful against Saudi Sportswashing Outfit to be honest but Wednesday was more similar to the Man U game but against worse opposition.

Second half was excellent. We got higher up the pitch and it turns out Sporting weren’t very good on the ball under pressure. You have to wonder why the halves delivered such different performances, tactical tweaks aside.

You also have to wonder if we can deliver that second half performance for a full game, without being prompted by going behind and against better sides.

Cheers.

Scary to think we actually plumped the Man Utd depths again:eek:

Good to hear about the second half. Hope we have that in our locker in the next week, fingers crossed!

The only technology which as improved the game (imo) is the goal line technology as that one is spot on. Refs do make mistakes ( after all they are human and we have seen them do it) but bringing in VAR in the pretense that it will improve the game has been a failure in my and many others eyes. Its taken more away from the match going experiance then anything else imo ( but i do know some may disagree)
For the normal part of the game, I agree, VAR has not been what I, and many others, thought and hoped for, and it's being used the wrong way in my opinion. It's being used to correct the most miniscule of "errors". Nobody wanted that in the first place.
But there is one area where I think VAR is a success, and that is incidents happening behind the back of the referees.

I honestly think VAR is a good thing but these marginal offside decisions are a pain because, while usually technically correct, they’re not really judging within the spirit of the rule. I often wonder how many goals in the past where everyone sort of said “ah he was level” would have been ruled out with VAR because no one ever looked for a toe or shoulder being offside.

loads, and I’m angry about every single one of them that went against us

technically correct is all that ever matters

Back