• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton ***

They did have some chances. The Gabbiadini shot just wide. The Tadic (?) chance where the ball was incorrectly judged to have been out was a massive chance created regardless of the assistant's poor vision. They should probably have had a penalty too. At the other end we created chances in the first half, probably the opening 15-20 minutes were our best. But they kept us away for most of the second half quite successfully.

Winks was very good once again.

That just wide shot was about 3 foot wide in the end... great strike though I agree

Yeah tadic missed a sitter really and the. All probably wasn't out but again the failure to hit the target says a lot about why they weren't unlucky

The pen call (tadic) was deffo a pen in my book

But they did nothing of note attacking wise second half apart form score a lucky goal in the end

Are you seriously saying Lloris distribution, and use of the ball under pressure is on a par with the Bayern and Barca keepers? Seriously?
Is that what I said? You said that his short passing was good but his long kick was not, with a comparison with Barca and Bayern was made. They're not significantly better at long passes than Lloris, and THEY PLAY 95% SHORT!!! Neuer hoofs it out of bounds more often than not when kicking long under a bit of pressure. I watch the Bundesliga every week, and Neuer is definitely not a passing GHod!
Ter Stegen is probably the best GK in the world in terms of ball control, but Lloris beats him in all other areas!
That Lloris is terrible at kicking is a myth made by some pundit that has mentioned it once, and then repeated by all others until it is believed to be the final truth, in the same way that everyone says that Gestede is the best header of the ball in the PL. On what evidence? He's hardly ever scored with his head in the PL, but it's said every time he's on the pitch, so it must be true!

Last edited:
Is that what I said? You said that his short passing was good but his long kick was not, with a comparison with Barca and Bayern was made. They're not significantly better at long passes than Lloris, and THEY PLAY 95% SHORT!!! Neuer hoofs it out of bounds more often than not when kicking long under a bit of pressure. I watch the Bundesliga every week, and Neuer is definitely not a passing GHod!
Ter Stegen is probably the best GK in the world in terms of ball control, but Lloris beats him in all other areas!
That Lloris is terrible at kicking is a myth made by some pundit that has mentioned it once, and then repeated by all others until it is believed to be the final truth, in the same way that everyone says that Gestede is the best header of the ball in the PL. On what evidence? He's hardly ever scored with his head in the PL, but it's said every time he's on the pitch, so it must be true!

Hmm, fair enough. Ultimately it will be Lloris's lesser ball control when compared to the likes of those two that will keep him longer (than perhaps would be expected!) in our grasp imo...

We typically have at 3 excellent goal scorers in the team at the same time (any 3 of Kane, Eriksen, Ali or Son). We do not need Wanyama or Dembele to be scoring goals. I would argue that we are actually much better off with the pair of them being fully aware and focused on their defensive job for the team and concentrating on that aspect, instead of going for personal glory.... Especially in games that we are winning or on top in.
Do you know I actually saw Tom Finney play!
What a player, so I hope that qualifies me for some legitimate input.
You may have a point of needing our dm,s to keep in their positions, especially how the-
game is played so fast to-day, switching from defence to attack at speed and players being caught out of position.
However, although players are much fitter these days, they are not necessarily more skilful.
For me, the game is mostly about skill and you would agree that the most skilful players
win games not always scoring goals but generally helping towards that end.
Generally, the best football is or was? at international level and I can cast my mind back to great side,s. Nearly every player in a class team has the ability to score. Some of the old Brazilian sides come to mind. All of their players could score goals and some of these goals were important perhaps match winning.
Some incredible goals right out of the blue. I was trying to make the point that all of our players
I feel, should be able to contribute If Tottenham Hotspur are to become a great side again as were..dare I say it, the 60/61 side. That means being able to get goals as well.

CoySpurs.....

Do you know I actually saw Tom Finney play!
What a player, so I hope that qualifies me for some legitimate input.
You may have a point of needing our dm,s to keep in their positions, especially how the-
game is played so fast to-day, switching from defence to attack at speed and players being caught out of position.
However, although players are much fitter these days, they are not necessarily more skilful.
For me, the game is mostly about skill and you would agree that the most skilful players
win games not always scoring goals but generally helping towards that end.
Generally, the best football is or was? at international level and I can cast my mind back to great side,s. Nearly every player in a class team has the ability to score. Some of the old Brazilian sides come to mind. All of their players could score goals and some of these goals were important perhaps match winning.
Some incredible goals right out of the blue. I was trying to make the point that all of our players
I feel, should be able to contribute If Tottenham Hotspur are to become a great side again as were..dare I say it, the 60/61 side. That means being able to get goals as well.

CoySpurs.....
Not sure you can use the double-winning side as any kind of yardstick against the modern game, those were such vastly different times. Games were far more open and end-to-end and defences were really rather generous. We scored 115 goals from 42 games that season and 111 a couple of seasons later. Only a few seasons earlier City had finished fifth having scored 104 and conceded 100 no less!

The big difference between the 60-61 side and the present is how much tighter our defence is. We are comfortably on target to achieve our lowest ever goals-against total, something around 28 from 38 games. The double side conceded approaching twice as many, 55 from 42.

Given these stats I'd argue that settling for fewer goals from our two DMs is a more than acceptable trade-off.

34_20e3.png
moments you may have missed from the victory over Southampton! Enjoy! #COYS

Thanks SteveAWOL. Watching that it is clear that Dembele should have slotted in one of 3 runners, rather than turn, nutmeg the man he had already beat, then win the ball back off him again. And Winks should have laid in one of the open runners, not turned and played it back to whence he came.

Thanks SteveAWOL. Watching that it is clear that Dembele should have slotted in one of 3 runners, rather than turn, nutmeg the man he had already beat, then win the ball back off him again. And Winks should have laid in one of the open runners, not turned and played it back to whence he came.

Guess that's why Dembele and Winks have such high pass completion rates, as both going for the safe option rather than attempting to thread a through ball (like Eriksen to Son at the start) or taking a shot with their weaker foot (again, like Eriksen)... although Winks was probably instructed to maintain possession when he came on, whilst Eriksen has been given more license to attack in this formation.

So easy to say analysing from the comfort of your desk chair.. Mother. fudging. Hypotheticals.

So far today I predicted we would lose, then Eriksen scored. When we got the pen I predicted Dele would miss.

I am almost certain I am not going to have sex with Penelope Cruz in the next month

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
Clear contender for post of the year! :D

Yeah, they are both terrible. Don't know why Poch plays them with that sort of performance. I hope they don't ever pull on a Spurs shirt again as they are a disgrace to it.

Back