• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - *** Tottenham Hotspur v some Scouse team ***

"That Spurs continue to put in statement performances like this deserves more credit. It also bears repeating: Pochettino is working with a wage bill that is half of Liverpool’s - and an even smaller friction of the wealthier clubs’ - but has produced a side that could so completely destroy them, and without even needing to be that good. The core qualities of each goal also further emphasised the extent of Spurs’ evolution, just how impressive Pochettino has developed and improved them.

Whereas they were once a brilliant but slightly predictable pressing side in 2016, they now have so much variety and potential options, as they displayed here with a 5-3-2 that brought so many thrilling counter-attacks."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...son-goal-goals-put-to-the-sword-a8014091.html

I think Pochettino has created a system, a way of Spurs life. It doesn't matter who we have playing, the result will be consistent. The last two games, questions have been asked about the first 11 that has been selected. Those questions have been well and truly answered. I'm not worried about players coming and going.

I have full confidence in Pochettino and we are on the brink of something very special with him at the helm. Today was a great performance, well deserved victory against a team that we had previously struggled against more than we ought to have done. Great times for us.

Well that was just oh so much fun, absolutely perfect performance.

To continue the theme of commentator analysis; Jim Beglin is an absolute thunder-clam!

The moment on 47 minutes was so sweet: "Now, (we're) very much back in it, with the substitution and the tweak...." - Beglin

*Eriksen plays ball in, it drops to Alli who smashes it home, crowd and Drury (I think) go absolutely mental... Deafening silence from clamlin*

I know people say Tyler is a prick, but that commentary "performance" from a die-hard Scouser was an absolute disgrace.

To continue the theme of commentator analysis; Jim Beglin is an absolute thunder-clam!

The moment on 47 minutes was so sweet: "Now, (we're) very much back in it, with the substitution and the tweak...." - Beglin

*Eriksen plays ball in, it drops to Alli who smashes it home, crowd and Drury (I think) go absolutely mental... Deafening silence from clamlin*

I know people say Tyler is a prick, but that commentary "performance" from a die-hard Scouser was an absolute disgrace.

I expect nothing less with Beglin. Defies logic how these broadcasters think it is a acceptable to have an ex-player of one of the participating teams in the commentary box.

That said Tony Gale commentating on one of our matches is anti-Spurs no matter who the opposition is

Yeah, he's such a numpty, he pretty much doesn't even try to hide his bias, reminds me of Tony Gale actually. I get exposed to Beglin all the time due to his status as Optus' 'main' go-to co-commentator and it does my nut.

And this followed on from the absolute farce of a commentary performance during the Real match, from that Grade A Five Star 10/10 prized Bell fudging End of a bindipping arsehole McManaman.

Bonus being, that when we smash teams like we just did... it makes it all the sweeter :)

We need to fear no one and have faith in Poch

And I've been reading that we only won cos do Kane (Liverpool forum stuff) and with mane they would have won

Now mane is a class player but he isn't a centre back or keeper and that's where the game was won today

I think we are on level points now for the equivalent fixtures last season.

We beat the promoted sides, so that's Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Huddersfield games, won both. Beat Chelsea, Burnley and Swansea at home last season, this season only got 2 points (minus 7). Beat West Ham (a), Everton (a) and Liverpool (h) this season, last season only got 2 points (plus 7). Bournemouth at home, we won last season and this season. So overall, level points.

Next game Man Utd away, so win that and we'll be +3 points on the equivalent fixtures from last season. Beating them will give us a nice leg up on where we were last season, both in equivalent fixtures (+3 points) and points total after 10 games (win against Utd and we'll have 23 points, last season we had 20 points after 10 games).

And obviously, this season we are doing much better in the champions league. More progress from Poch.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but what's really impressive is that we have achieved some great results with quite different team compositions. It's easy when you have your best eleven game in and game out (ahem Leicester/Chelski), but to do it with different teams shows we're now on a different level to even last year's record breaking team. Man I love Poch!

One thing that amazes me is we're doing this with Winks and Eriksen in midfield. Dembele and Wanyama are huge losses but we are coping admirably.

And let's not also forget that it's great that players that are not first team regulars are getting game time without this affecting our results. They get valuable game experience, which will be huge when we have to rotate heavily.

*just stated the obvious, didn't I?*

Well, ultimately, I eschewed summing it up here in favor of a warm mug of tea and an entertaining afternoon spent on RAWK. :p

But, in the end, there really wasn't that much to sum it up. I said before the game that we should stick to the same game plan we used against Madrid - sit deep, nick the ball off them and counter at pace, possibly playing Llorente up front again to provide an outlet when they tried their gegenpressing during our transitions.

We did that - with Son in place of Llorente, but otherwise, we did that. We sat deep, frustrated them, denied them the chance to play their game and broke with pace and menace when they did give the ball away or present us with a chance. I believe we ended the game with 34-35% possession to their 65-66%, and fewer shots, corners and free-kicks. But we ended up with the stat that mattered - four goals to their one. And we did that looking classy, elegant and perpetually menacing.

In short, we played like we should have done in the past four meetings with Klopp, and this time we were duly rewarded for it. Brilliant game plan, executed to perfection.

Big Daddy Kane was excellent, as usual. Alli much better - I think the deeper role he played today suits him more, since it allows him to escape the attentions of the opposition defenders and build up a head of steam from deep. Eriksen quietly assured. Son menacing, although he was guilty of a few careless giveaways and errant finishes when through on goal. Aurier was assured and purposeful on the left (errors for Salah's goal and towards the end of the game aside). The Davinson-Toby-Sanchez trio were largely impenetrable, as usual. Winks was a terrier - his distribution wasn't as good here as it was against Madrid, but goddamn did he make up for it with magnificent defensive work in front of the back line. Trippier was in control down the right, and contributed with the key balls for the first and fourth goals - his excellent technique was on display again today. and Hugo had one error (failing to come out for Salah's goal), but then made that magnificent save to deny Coutinho in the second half - more than made up for it. Also hurled that magnificent ball out that Lovren missed in the build up to our second.

And Poch was spot on for this game, as he was for the game against Madrid. And Wembley finally felt like home - incredibly loud, rhythmic, relentless. And Maradona got his show, and Spurs got their win, and RAWK got their meltdown, and all is bloody right with the world. :D

Back