• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Understood the point the first time, I was just suggesting that I would like to see us start with the two pace players together in a home game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

If you cannot try it against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home, you can't try it against anyone but I do not think that is what Poch wants from his forwards. I think that he wants a blend of skills and there is a risk that Son and Moura together would be a little one track.

If you cannot try it against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home, you can't try it against anyone but I do not think that is what Poch wants from his forwards. I think that he wants a blend of skills and there is a risk that Son and Moura together would be a little one track.

Its a bit of a chicken an egg thing.

What if Poch has always played that make up of front line because the midfield was lacking?

What if, if he could spend £130m on midfielders maybe, he could put out a midfield that then supported a more "forward" front line?

Its a bit of a chicken an egg thing.

What if Poch has always played that make up of front line because the midfield was lacking?

What if, if he could spend £130m on midfielders maybe, he could put out a midfield that then supported a more "forward" front line?

Possibly, but it not something that he has tried when we have had a more solid midfield in the past either (I know that we didn't have Son and Moura the last time we had this). I think that he wants a range of skills/approaches to unlock a defence.

Possibly, but it not something that he has tried when we have had a more solid midfield in the past either (I know that we didn't have Son and Moura the last time we had this). I think that he wants a range of skills/approaches to unlock a defence.

Honestly, Im playing devils advocate somewhat - but even what I bolded leans into what I posted.

My straight forward take is that Poch has spent a whole season simply compromising. Never once playing anything like a best 11.

He has then undertaken an absolute rebuild of the midfield (an expensive one, at that) which brings in elements of midfields past but also something different.

That difference appears to be someone willing to pass vertically and early, and players who will effectively dribble as well.

This is a VERY different dynamic, IMO (or, at least, it will be once everyone is up to speed).

So is it fair to assume he is going to expect the same as before from his front line? (and defence, for that matter)

Right now, rather annoyingly, we are still in that compromised state. Defence is all over the place, Eriksen coming/going?, Lo Celso and NDombele getting up to speed, Son suspended, Alli injured....

So I think right now its impossible to take anything we do as particularly indicative. I think in a month or so, once these contraints are lifted, we will start to see what he really wants. And I wouldnt be surprised if that was quite different to what came before.

Quite different maybe not the right word, perhaps "an evolution" will be more appropriate?

Itll still be the fluid and dynamic, hard working and hard pressing team of old - but something else as well.

FYI
Will be putting 2 tickets together on the Ticket Exchange in a few minutes, Block 252, Row 45, awesome views

Last edited:
I think we'll therefore see Winks and Sissoko in CM, with Son, Eriksen and Lamela behind Kane. Dele, Lo Celso and Moura on the bench

Last edited:
Mauricio Pochettino has discussed whether midfielder Victor Wanyama will stay at the club over next 10 days.

He said: “I don't know. I cannot say something that might or might not happen. Today it is all rumours.

"Football is not about yesterday. It's about today and you need to show every day. Victor was injured and others stepped up."

Yesterday, we revealed that Tottenham are in talks with Belgian side Club Bruges over the transfer of midfielder Victor Wanyama.

Poch on new signing Giovani Lo Celso: "Lo Celso is a situation that is not going to be easy. Was in extended holidays after the Copa America, he didn’t have a proper pre-season and didn’t train much. Then signed for us after a week without training.

"He’s training well but is so far away from what we expect from him. We need to give him time and we won’t expect too much from him."

On whether Alli will feature in the squad: "I think we have one training session more and then we decide."

On Son: "Unlucky for him that [his ban] was over the holiday. Feels more but I think he was training really, really hard to keep fit and improve in different areas.

"We are happy in the last few weeks he was unbelievable in the way he was available to train and compete in every single training session and I hope it’s going to help the team from now."

I’d like him to try Moura and Son with Kane in a high press, Liverpool do it to great effect with Salah and Mane. I don’t see an effective press much anymore watching us. Certainly not that inspiring style one we had against Chelsea at home last season and City put on us last week.

Big blow not having Ndombele. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have good pace on the break and physicality (if not that much quality) and he would have been good to help us keep on top of them when they get posession and try and hit us on the break. I wonder if Dier will be asked to play alongside Winks and free him a bit from the defensive shackles i feel he's had to play with. Dier might be a weak link though as he can be slow on the turn and i have seen Saudi Sportswashing Machine target him at least twice in recent years. However, you'd hope we should be set-up generally better than before to mitigate that. In addition, i do think he'll start Sissoko anyway..

From the comments it looks like Son might be ready to start, so i think we'll see this starting line-up:

Lloris
Walker-Peters Sanchez Alderwiereld Rose
Winks Sissoko
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

If GLC was up to fitness, i'd imagine Poch would be starting him in place of Eriksen, but needs must, especially with Ndombele not available.

I like Moura but he can be very hit and miss, so whilst i would start him, i can't argue with full force against dropping him for Son. Last week i think was more for tactical reasons than anything else.

accoring to the BBC....
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino on whether Jan Vertonghen needs to play for his fitness: "I am only going to decide to try and provide the best players that are in my head to play.

"If I don’t play someone it is because I believe there is another in my opinion that is better. This is very clear."

Lloris
Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose
Winks, Ndombele
Son, Lo Celso, Lucas
Kane

Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela

Lloris
Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose
Sissoko, Winks
Son, Eriksen, Lucas
Kane

Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Davies, Dier, Lo Celso, Lamela, Dele