• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers, Sun 24th Aug 2014 ***

What do I do? I have an e-ticket for tomorrow's game. The only problem is that I have no way to print the ticket.

Still don't know what to expect from the current Spurs squad. Without any major signings this season, the "feel good" factor is badly lacking in the squad. We did well to beat West Ham without being convincing. Hope we can improve our performance and result against QPR.

What do I do? I have an e-ticket for tomorrow's game. The only problem is that I have no way to print the ticket.

:-k

man_carrying_pc_CoolClips_cart1547.jpg

Still don't know what to expect from the current Spurs squad. Without any major signings this season, the "feel good" factor is badly lacking in the squad. We did well to beat West Ham without being convincing. Hope we can improve our performance and result against QPR.

at least expect the same as you did from the beginning of last season!
we've lost bale, and are still in transition :)

We've made two good signings in Davies and Dier, probably three with Vorm, have to see him play first though. We've had a very good start two wins out of two, for me the feelgood factor is high. It'll disappear if we lose to QPR, but win and it will be an excellent start to the season, and my feelgood factor will be off the chart :)

We have GOT to win this game; I couldn't face the 'Arry Hyperbole in the press if we drew or - GHod Forbid - lost this game.

My team would be:

Lloris

Dier -- Kaboul -- Verts -- Rose

Capoue (or Sandro [-o<) -- Dembele

Lamela -- Lennon -- Eriksen

Ade

We will likely need Lennon and Ade's pace imo, hence why they start over Kane and Soldado.

If we score in the first 30 mins, then I think we'll win comfortably; If not then it'll be a slog as 'Arry will likely park the bus and it will take a lot to score. Rose's pace vs Remy or Hoilett might be crucial too..

I'm going for 3-1 to us: Ade (2) and Eriksen; Remy for them

COYS

Afraid not, they chose to show that football classic Hull v Stoke City

I mean why not have us on

1, Poch's 1st game at the lane
2, Harry's 1st time back since 2012
3, London Derby

Stoke v Hull im sure will attract record viewers today for this fixture, 57 people

Afraid not, they chose to show that football classic Hull v Stoke City

What I don't understand is why we are playing this game so early as it's not a TV game. Surely after playing Thursday we could do with the extra hour or two recovery time, and play it at 3 or 4pm?

Are you saying that you only have one channel they show PL football on in the UK ?

That seems very strange, it's the English PL and it's beyond popular in England .

I live in Norway and we have 3 HD PL channels, all showing different matches live simoultaneously (except for saturday's 15:00 games), but that is because it isn't allowed .

I know i will sit in front of the TV open a beer and watch the Mighty Spurs crush QPR :)

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why we are playing this game so early as it's not a TV game. Surely after playing Thursday we could do with the extra hour or two recovery time, and play it at 3 or 4pm?

From a club point of view it probably would benefit the players, albeit slightly, to have an extra hour or so with a 3pm ko,but personally I love a 1.30pm ko on a Sunday, although I still prefer Sat 3pm, but if its got to be Sunday then 1pm or 1.30pm works for us.
Absoloutely hate Sun 4pm

I'm guessing because it's a London derby, less drinking time before ko?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Some of my memories from past QPR fixtures:

QPR have always been something of a 'second team' for me. Despite growing up in Spurs/Arsenal territory in Hertfordshire two of my best friends and their Dad were QPR fans. Additionally my Dad worked at Barclays Bank Sports Centre in Ealing where QPR trained from 1990 - 1994 so I often met the likes of Sir Les, Ray Wilkins, Gerry Francis and the other players of that era in the early 90s when Rangers were perennial top half finishers.

I went to most matches at Loftus Road during the era always sitting in the home end. I had to sit on my hands when we fluked a 2-1 victory there in 1991-2. On only a few occasions have I ever felt that the ref was on our side but that afternoon (around Easter time) we seemed to get every decision and even had the fortune of an own goal before Andy Gray scored our winner. The following season i had a completely contrasting afternoon; Teddy put us 1-0 ahead at half-time but Rangers were rampant in the second half and scored 4 goals in quick succession right in front of where I was sitting; Ray Wilkins scored a header, Holloway got one and Gary Penrice added 2 further goals. Playing football with my QPR suppprting mates and their Dad was unbearable the next morning but we did get revenge later that season beating them 3-2 at White Hart Lane during Teddy's purple patch in 1993; despite missing a penalty he scored from the resulting corner and then added a second not long after. Darren Anderton scored a third in the second half but we let them back in with 2 late goals which flattered them slightly.

My favourite memory of a QPR game was in 1995 when we travelled to Loftus Road on a Monday night; we were played off the park for 50 minutes and were comprehensively 2 goals behind before Teddy (2) and Jason Dozzell turned the game in our favour and we won 3-2.

Even since returning to the PL for 2 seasons they've always made us work hard for any sort of result. In 2012/3 during AVB's early days we laboured to a 2-1 victory after QPR had outplayed us in the first half; Faurlin dictated the play only for Bale to create two second half goals.

Back