• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace***

What a game and two great goals, I have said it before this season but we are definitely a team who never give up and the players believe that they can always win a game. To think that only 12 months ago I came back from some games thinking it was going to be a hard/long job for Poch to turn us into a top team.

12 months later we have a side that is not only full of young players who have many years in front of them but are already showing that they believe in each other to be able to turn games around when needed. I really never expected us to be so together this early ( and there is still a way to go) but the future is looking good and bright.

To be fair the second time you watched it you would not have been worried...:)

hahaha yeah that looked a bit silly didn't itl!! What I meant, and what I didn't articulate particularly well, was that both times I watched the team I came to the same conclusion about how we were playing & our approach to the game situation. i.e. I saw both times that the team kept going, kept playing, and this meant that I felt entirely relaxed as I knew we would get the goals. It even applied first time round... this was one of those matches where I knew we'd score, and I felt confident of the result, based on the entire way we played.

What a game and two great goals, I have said it before this season but we are definitely a team who never give up and the players believe that they can always win a game. To think that only 12 months ago I came back from some games thinking it was going to be a hard/long job for Poch to turn us into a top team.

12 months later we have a side that is not only full of young players who have many years in front of them but are already showing that they believe in each other to be able to turn games around when needed. I really never expected us to be so together this early ( and there is still a way to go) but the future is looking good and bright.
I think it has to do with picking the right personalities. If you do that, you can gel a team pretty fast. I don't know the players personally, but they seem like good characters, humble, and willing to work hard.

This was an erection inducing win, especially the way we came back from a goal down to win. Wish we had won this more comfortably and not left it so late to win ! It was really tense until Alli scored our second goal. But always felt confident we will come back to win even after Palace scored first. We seem to have the habit of coming back to win after letting our opponents score first this season. And we have done this many times this season. In fact, this is the second consecutive match we have come back to win after doing so against Sunderland last week. Maybe we are more comfortable this way instead of scoring first. But not sure if this will work against big teams. In fact, we had to rode our luck against Palace as they hit the post twice just before we scored our second goal.

Credit to Kane, Alli and Chadli for the goals, especially Alli for his world class goal. All were well-taken goals. Kane did really well to jump above everyone to head the ball in. We badly needed that goal to get us back into the game. Surely Alli's goal should be goal-of-the-season contender this season. It was amazing the way he controlled the ball, chip it above the Palace player's head and volley it into goal ! He could have scored another goal but hit the post with only the goalie to beat after dribbling past their defence. The thing is Alli was poor until that moment of brilliance. Alli reminds of Berbatov who used to be poor for most of the match yet would win the match for us with a few moments of brilliance ! Alli also got an assist for Chadli's goal. Despite Alli's goal, I think Chadli was our man of the match as he turned the match for us after coming on. It was Chadli's turn and cross which allowed Kane to head in for our first goal. Chadli then sealed the win for us with the brilliant long range goal in injury time. Chadli's brilliant cross also almost created another goal but Bentaleb wasted the chance.

Thought our midfield didn't have a good match as we let Palace create too many chances. Dier made too many mistakes while Dembele was not at his best. I still think we need a more experienced defensive midfielder as Dier has been poor lately. I think we missed Lamela as he always gives our midfield the extra protection by tackling our opponents whenever they have the ball. Felt Lamela should have come on for Eriksen instead of Bentaleb after we had gone 2-1 up. Credit to Eriksen for setting up the goal for Alli with a perfect header. But he again wasted another good freekick by hitting it straight at the defensive wall. Maybe it is time for someone like Alli to take over the freekick duties.

Very disappointed with the way we let Palace score. Palace had not scored in 5 matches but we managed to let them score even if it was deflected into goal by Vertonghen. I think Vertonghen has to take the blame for the goal. He had time to clear it first time but tried to pass to Eriksen who lost the ball which allowed them to make that attack. Eriksen for his part should have been more alert and stopped the Palace player from making that cross. It is very annoying to see us trying to dribble out of defence all the time and lose the ball in the process. Wish we will just concentrate on safety-first defending instead of trying to be too smart. Despite this, credit to Lloris for making at least 3 great saves to keep us in the match.

It was satisfying to win our third consecutive match in all competitions. Wish we can extend our winning run. It was also nice to get sweet revenge on Palace for our defeat there last season. Importantly, this win has kept us within the touching distance of the first place in our league title race.

I'm sure no one writes this.... Robot.txt generator 7891 is that affirmative?

You were very fortunate that we won this match. You would be blaming yourself if we had not won for jinxing our match rituals ! In fact, the fact Palace scored their first goal in 6 matches were all down to you jinxing the pre match rituals !:D

You were very fortunate that we won this match. You would be blaming yourself if we had not won for jinxing our match rituals ! In fact, the fact Palace scored their first goal in 6 matches were all down to you jinxing the pre match rituals !:D
All i know is Poch came over at the end and worshipped me...........and i worshipped him back.

4740825.jpg

Slight Pardew rant...

Before the game he claims that the difference maker is Harry Kane, if only they had Kane they would be in the top 4. Then after the game apparently the difference maker was Lloris. But also we apparently in possession we're as good as any team they've played. Make your fudging mind up Pardew... Ending on "we're clearly the better team, any other opinion is stupid" would be a good one to end up at.

Then he has a go at Alli for the Cabaye incident. Either ignoring the vicious elbow from one of his own players, or perhaps just trying to shift focus away from that... To some extent I suppose Pardew is excused for that, because of course not a single journalist has the ball to confront him with having a go at Alli for that without also commenting on his own player swinging a horrible and outright dangerous elbow like that at Super-Jan.

fudge off Pardew. So happy we beat you. Would love to beat you again.

Actually they didn't. We scored it for them. :p

Slight Pardew rant...

Before the game he claims that the difference maker is Harry Kane, if only they had Kane they would be in the top 4. Then after the game apparently the difference maker was Lloris. But also we apparently in possession we're as good as any team they've played. Make your fudgeing mind up Pardew... Ending on "we're clearly the better team, any other opinion is stupid" would be a good one to end up at.

Then he has a go at Alli for the Cabaye incident. Either ignoring the vicious elbow from one of his own players, or perhaps just trying to shift focus away from that... To some extent I suppose Pardew is excused for that, because of course not a single journalist has the ball to confront him with having a go at Alli for that without also commenting on his own player swinging a horrible and outright dangerous elbow like that at Super-Jan.

Looks like Wickham has been charged by the FA and will be banned for 3 games if found guilty of violent conduct. Source.

Looks like Wickham has been charged by the FA and will be banned for 3 games if found guilty of violent conduct. Source.

He should really get the same ban time as Verts is missing - and fined to pay us Verts wages for that period too.

Such a punishment would likely stop other toe rags undertaking such despicable behavior.

Slight Pardew rant...

Before the game he claims that the difference maker is Harry Kane, if only they had Kane they would be in the top 4. Then after the game apparently the difference maker was Lloris. But also we apparently in possession we're as good as any team they've played. Make your fudgeing mind up Pardew... Ending on "we're clearly the better team, any other opinion is stupid" would be a good one to end up at.

Indeed. It's interesting that it seems Pardew creates a graveyard for strikers. How many does he have there now? And now Ade is joining?? Lol
He is the classic "let's talk brick about the opposition to deflect from my own BIG limitations" manager.

In a year's time i predict the Palace fans will be echoing some of the things that the Geordies were saying...

Slight Pardew rant...

He is, and always has been, a massive clam.

Slight Pardew rant...

Yeah - and didn't he claim Ali stamped on Cabaye?? Which didn't actually happen - at worst Ali kind of clattered Cabaye with his knee. Kind of a cross between a brushing and a clattering. Nothing even close to how Pardew described the 'incident' .

I like Pardew when he's not playing Spurs as he winds people up, but he reminds you of the Bellend that he is when we play him.

yeah, I want him managing in the PL, i'd hate for him to be managing us though

and to be fair to the guy, clubs tend to drop a bit after he leaves

yeah, I want him managing in the PL, i'd hate for him to be managing us though

and to be fair to the guy, clubs tend to drop a bit after he leaves
I actually think he's one of the better managers in the PL. Yeah, he can be a bit of a tosser at times (like 95% of managers who exaggerate every fault in the opposition while somehow failing to notice a single foul committed by their own team) but compared to some of them he actually comes across as a half-decent bloke. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't want him at Spurs though.

Back