• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace***

Is Pardew having a laugh saying Lloris kept us in it and if he hadn't been in goal we would have lost? Does he not realise they only had 3 shots on target all game and only 1 of them forced a real good save?

Also watching match of the day why is it we always get the brick commentator? Alli's goal deserved better than that brick.

Home at last.

After another memorable away day. We really are going places, and all of us in the away end today bloody well know it.

The atmosphere in the pubs, the streets and inside the ground is fantastic. Plenty of man hugging going on with complete strangers (yid family:)) as the goals fly in. It was total carnage at times.

Even at half-time it niggled that we were a goal down BUT i believed (as many others did) that it wouldn't end like this, somehow we will overcome this. (and oh how we did!)The boys certainly are full of belief,spirit and fight. A proper team.

Performance wise we are very consistent. (even when we lose) We really do dominate possession and control large amounts of the game. We do need to work on our final third pattern of play, just so we start creating more standard type openings/chances. All/Chadli/Son have scored worldlies in the last two games and we cannot expect that every week. And defending set pieces is the other thing that still looks shaky.

Well done Poch

F*ck off Pardew

I see no reason why these "worldies" can't continue. We have the best shot stats in the league along with the best defence stats and these players all have a good records of scoring great goals

I agree a bit on the set pieces but all sides struggle with them at the moment.

Complete carnage and absolute disbelief in the away end when Alli scored!

I'm definitely nursing some cuts and bruises!

Zaha caused a few problems in the 1st half but mainly due to our own poor play, Hugo's distribution was shaky to say the least and of course rode our luck with the double crossbar but I thought we completely bossed the game and deservedly won whatever Pardew thinks!

great game for the neutral so nerve racking for us. I knew when they hit the cross=bar twice we would go on and win, maybe the footballing gods are going to cut us a break for once this season, that goal from Delle, I was saying to my mate I could watch that 100x and I've probably seen it 50 already, thats up with there with ginola against barnsley, hoddle against watford etc.
Great cameo from chadli, we have arguably the best midfield in the league, hope vertongen is ok, rose and wimmer weren't watertight at the back.
Even at 1-0 down we were playing great one touch football, fluid movement, we could do anything this season, believe.

Is Pardew having a laugh saying Lloris kept us in it and if he hadn't been in goal we would have lost? Does he not realise they only had 3 shots on target all game and only 1 of them forced a real good save?

Also watching match of the day why is it we always get the brick commentator? Alli's goal deserved better than that brick.

How do you weight this comment against what you were saying during the match?

Home at last.

After another memorable away day. We really are going places, and all of us in the away end today bloody well know it.

The atmosphere in the pubs, the streets and inside the ground is fantastic. Plenty of man hugging going on with complete strangers (yid family:)) as the goals fly in. It was total carnage at times.

Even at half-time it niggled that we were a goal down BUT i believed (as many others did) that it wouldn't end like this, somehow we will overcome this. (and oh how we did!)The boys certainly are full of belief,spirit and fight. A proper team.

Performance wise we are very consistent. (even when we lose) We really do dominate possession and control large amounts of the game. We do need to work on our final third pattern of play, just so we start creating more standard type openings/chances. All/Chadli/Son have scored worldlies in the last two games and we cannot expect that every week. And defending set pieces is the other thing that still looks shaky.

Well done Poch

F*ck off Pardew

Great post dude. Bolded part is the tickle my balls with a feather.

Watched the game twice now. Both times I literally found myself thinking: 'I am not worried that we're one down - we got this'. So it proved. The team goes about their job and plays, no matter what the situation is.

You can see the team has true, utter belief in Poch's system and philosophy - 100% behind it, and we have the ability to execute the plan This all gives me, and all Spurs fans, belief in the team. Just like you said - we believe.

Collective synergy - that's what Poch is galvanising right now. We can go far. COYS

Just read the "next England manager" is criticising Deli Alli for stamping. "It's something he needs to cut out of his game, I don't know why he did it. It was something he shouldn't have done". "He's a great player,though. I'm not going to moan about spilt milk"

Why then bring it up? What about Whickham's swing arm to Vertoghen face? I suppose it might stop people looking at his teams recent results

Prime-time tosspot Pardew behavior. No stamp. He's a clam. fudge him.

Leaving aside for a moment Alli's worldy and the other great goals, what heartened me the most after going one down yesterday was the intensity with which the whole team fought for every ball. The collective will and determination was nothing short of mind-boggling.

It was as if something very rare and special is happening to the collective spirit of this team, this whole squad in fact. It's clear that Pochettino is gradually working up a team spirit the like of which we have seldom witnessed before. There was a kind of controlled frenzy about it all, a collective resolve that we are just NOT going to lose this game, we are GOING to overcome, we know we are better than them and we are going to make it happen.

Such was the all-round level of fight and frenzy, I'm frankly struggling to recall seeing anything quite like it.

Perhaps most surprisingly of all, this intense fervour was best personified by none other than Jan, yes, the man who scored that og.

Something happened to him after that, he became an absolute beast - hardly a description you normally associate with the Belgian international. From that moment he transmogrified into a man possessed, fighting ever more tigerishly for every ball. He carried on regardless even after getting that elbow in the face from Wickham and simultaneously going down with what looked like a worrying knee injury.

It was typical of Kane that he was the one to put the ball out of play and insist Verts got medical help. We can only hope and pray that Jan's injury is not as serious as it looked, not just because this season with Aldereiweld beside him the pairing has become the tightest in the PL but because on yesterday's evidence Verts has risen that extra notch to become a giant in the cause, a somewhat unlikely source of inspiration and leadership given what we've sometimes seen in the past, a man whose resolution and determination that they shall not pass might just make that critical difference between ultimate success and falling just short once again.

Watched the game twice now. Both times I literally found myself thinking: 'I am not worried that we're one down - we got this'. So it proved. The team goes about their job and plays, no matter what the situation is.

You can see the team has true, utter belief in Poch's system and philosophy - 100% behind it, and we have the ability to execute the plan This all gives me, and all Spurs fans, belief in the team. Just like you said - we believe.

Collective synergy - that's what Poch is galvanising right now. We can go far. COYS

To be fair the second time you watched it you would not have been worried...:)

Does anyone else think it's a big benefit playing on a Saturday

We played like a team that had no pressure I them and just went for it

Arse today for example know that anything less than a win and can catch them so there is pressure before the game starts

Does anyone else think it's a big benefit playing on a Saturday

We played like a team that had no pressure I them and just went for it

Arse today for example know that anything less than a win and can catch them so there is pressure before the game starts

Totally. Would be interesting to see the comparison, but it feels like we never seem to do well when we are the Sunday 4pm slot. I know we won on the Monday night slot but even that match we struggled in the end v Villa.
Much prefer us playing on the Saturday. Obviously with the EL kicking in soon we will have less to come.

Plus the old addage, points in the bag and all that

Totally. Would be interesting to see the comparison, but it feels like we never seem to do well when we are the Sunday 4pm slot. I know we won on the Monday night slot but even that match we struggled in the end v Villa.
Much prefer us playing on the Saturday. Obviously with the EL kicking in soon we will have less to come.

Plus the old addage, points in the bag and all that

That my view
I can't remember what player said it, but he said it's easier chasing than it is being chased

How do you weight this comment against what you were saying during the match?

So you do not go through mixed emotions during a game?

Also i do not know what comments when through and what didn't as this site is not exactly performing great at the moment.

Very much true. And every time we come out on top doing what they're told to do, the confidence and belief grows, and they get better and better at doing what the manager wants. Even my gooner and liverpool friends think we are a joy to watch now.

Back