• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace

TEAM NEWS​

Tottenham Hotspur forward Richarlison will miss up to three weeks due to injury, while Pedro Porro remains out.

Destiny Udogie has returned to training but Ryan Sessegnon has undergone surgery on a hamstring injury sustained in an under-23 match.
Crystal Palace forward Eberechi Eze is back in contention following four games out, while Will Hughes and Joachim Andersen are also available.

Michael Olise and Marc Guehi are still sidelined.

Not ideal on the Richy front. Hasn't been at his best in the last few games but who has?

Annoyingly we could do with Veliz as an option now, there's no threat on the air from our front three however we set up. Arguably Kulu has shown that he can be strong in that way but it's a rarity. We can throw Johnson up top but apart from that is Scarlett the next in line? Nuts how just one injury gets us super weak in a key position, much like the CB situation for the first half of the season.

We could do with Son getting back in to his early season scoring form and as hinted at, it could get Maddison back to his best by having Son making runs centrally.

We should give Lankshear a go if Richarlison is out. He’s been playing well this season and has scored fastest hattrick at the stadium. So would be good if he’s at least included in the squad.

We should give Lankshear a go if Richarlison is out. He’s been playing well this season and has scored fastest hattrick at the stadium. So would be good if he’s at least included in the squad.
We have Son, Werner, Kulusevski and Johnson for the front 3 positions, don’t need to be starting a debutant there, could see him making the bench though (although Scarlett’s probably favourite for that spot)

Werner - Son - Kulu

"We're not just battling for fourth place at this stage" .. Love that from big Ange, constantly looking to push expectations and not set limits on the squad. It says to me he's seriously keen for the games ahead against the teams above us in the table. Bring it ooon.

Been talked about all week, not sure it's official but rumours are he is out
Yea saw it mentioned for a few days on here, but hadn’t seen anything in the media on it, hence the question, which lemonade gave a source to. Then about 20 minutes after I posted that, an article on the bbc appeared as well..

So 3/4 weeks for Richarlison, that takes his injury to the end of March.

Its quite possible we could go the whole season without having a week where have a fully fit squad to choose from

What we thinking then?

Vicario; Udogie, VDV, Romero, Royal; Bentancur, Sarr, Maddison; Werner, Son, Kulsevski
Subs; Austin, Davies, Dragusin, Hjojberg, Bissouma, Skipp, Gil, Lankshear,Scarlett

If Udogie is back, Emerson will be absolutely fine. What will be really interesting is if Richy isn't fit, as Sonny goes central; Madders will enjoy that.
Don't bank on that.
Werner went central last game and Son stayed out wide. Really hope we don't repeat that again.

What we thinking then?

Vicario; Udogie, VDV, Romero, Royal; Bentancur, Sarr, Maddison; Werner, Son, Kulsevski
Subs; Austin, Davies, Dragusin, Hjojberg, Bissouma, Skipp, Gil, Lankshear,Scarlett
Agree, though you could interchange Bissouma for Bentancur. Probably down to who had the best week in training.

Agree, though you could interchange Bissouma for Bentancur. Probably down to who had the best week in training.

Yes. I deliberated over it. Bentancur has been off it since his return (although he had set a high bar before injury), but in the last game I thought Bissouma was below bar too, so I am hoping not starting last game and no game last week, that extended break has helped him get back upto speed

Possibly the longest period Postercoglu has had to work with the squad this season so hopefully we will see a more cohesive performance. Stating the bleeding obvious but we must start putting our chances away earlier in the game.

Not ideal on the Richy front. Hasn't been at his best in the last few games but who has?

Annoyingly we could do with Veliz as an option now, there's no threat on the air from our front three however we set up. Arguably Kulu has shown that he can be strong in that way but it's a rarity. We can throw Johnson up top but apart from that is Scarlett the next in line? Nuts how just one injury gets us super weak in a key position, much like the CB situation for the first half of the season.

We could do with Son getting back in to his early season scoring form and as hinted at, it could get Maddison back to his best by having Son making runs centrally.

I did find the Veliz loan a weird one, he's looked ok when coming on in games, certainly could have used him v Wolves as a different option

More so because he was injured
I’m not convinced he will get enough games in Spain either. Sevilla are a bottom half side
He's barely featured for them thus far, was my worry initially. A wasted loan and even more disruption to his settling in time here.

... Unless the coaching staff have quietly given up on him already

He's barely featured for them thus far, was my worry initially. A wasted loan and even more disruption to his settling in time here.

He’s been injured, was basically stretchered off in his last game for us if you remember? He was always penciled in for being back in March, but he’s a bit ahead of schedule and has featured as sub in the last couple of games.

I guess the thought was he’d benefit from games and he’s much more likely to get them there than here.

He is only just getting fit again, and featured in both games he was in the squad for.

Scarlett came back from his loan, so we would have 2 players looking to be probably our 4th choice striker.

Scarlett couldn't go out on loan again, so it made sense to try and get Veliz a loan where he will get game time (even from the bench) when he gets fit.

Back