• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v MILLWALL ***

not down to that game, no - that just happened to be the last time we played.

us Millwall, West Ham, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Arsenal & QPR all have rivalries off the field for violence going back to the 70s - this game is particularly heightened mainly because actual games between the two clubs are few and far between and so chances for the two sets of supporters to clash, on a large scale, rarely come around.
Can't they all just fudge off to field somewhere and give the gene pool a helping hand.

not down to that game, no - that just happened to be the last time we played.

us Millwall, West Ham, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Arsenal & QPR all have rivalries off the field for violence going back to the 70s - this game is particularly heightened mainly because actual games between the two clubs are few and far between and so chances for the two sets of supporters to clash, on a large scale, rarely come around.

The last time we played them was the pre-season friendly at theirs, 2001.
It kicked off big time, mainly between Spurs and the Police before the game. After the game, a Millwall pub got smashed up and a few noses put out out of joint, in more than one way.
They definitely have a score to settle. I see little trouble inside the game/ground, outside could be a different story, even much later during the day/night.

whatever iro the aggro.

Something massive to come from us this weekend. 7 or 8. It doesn't matter who we are playing.

We are right.

The last time we played them was the pre-season friendly at theirs, 2001.
It kicked off big time, mainly between Spurs and the Police before the game. After the game, a Millwall pub got smashed up and a few noses put out out of joint, in more than one way.
They definitely have a score to settle. I see little trouble inside the game/ground, outside could be a different story, even much later during the day/night.

I'm aware of what went on at the friendly but Spurs/Millwall have history going way back beyond that game and the rivalry isn't based on it, as the post I replied to was suggesting

Tottenham Hotspur v Millwall fan conference, 8 March 2017
Representatives of THST attended a routine meeting at the Metropolitan Police’s Lambeth Headquarters on Wednesday evening ahead of Sunday's FA Cup Quarter Final with Millwall. Representatives from Millwall supporter groups, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, British Transport Police and the Football Supporters’ Federation were also present.

All were keen to ensure the focus on the day is on the football itself and ensuring that fans wanting to enjoy their match day would be able to do so.

The police presence on the day will be visible. The police approach will be to look to engage with supporters and take positive action if required. Fans without tickets are advised not to travel to the game.

Full information on transport will be issued by both Clubs ahead of the match, and it was noted that a section of the London Overground, along with Northumberland Park station, will be closed. Fans are advised to check their routes in advance.

Pubs in and around Tottenham will be operating with normal licencing hours. Most pubs have decided to open to home fans only for this fixture, including the Antwerp Arms and the Irish Centre.

The following pubs around Liverpool Street have elected to close on Sunday:

• Hamilton Hall
  • Kings Arms
  • Railway Tavern
  • Red Lion
Fans with tickets for this fixture are reminded to bring their correct membership cards with them and be prepared for enhanced checks at the turnstiles. Dogs will also form part of the searching regime on the day.

In addition to normal road closures, home supporters leaving the south side of the stadium after the match will be diverted along Bromley Road, rejoining the High Road just after the No.8 pub (formerly the Bell and Hare).

Genuinely then - with all the rumours going around about "scores to settle from previous friendly", how Millwall stormed the Leicester fans in last round, throwing "missiles" into crowd; their general rep, the pubs being closed, the extra presence, the lack of transport that'll keep more fans on the streets around WHL etc etc etc...

Would any of you consider NOT going with their young kids? Particularly if their tickets happened to be in, shall we say, the South Stand?

Not one to usually succumb to any of the pre-match hype and blah blah. But there's something that doest sit comfortably with me on this one, given i'm taking my 12 year old daughter. She doesn't need to be witnessing that kinda brick (potentially).

Genuinely then - with all the rumours going around about "scores to settle from previous friendly", how Millwall stormed the Leicester fans in last round, throwing "missiles" into crowd; their general rep, the pubs being closed, the extra presence, the lack of transport that'll keep more fans on the streets around WHL etc etc etc...

Would any of you consider NOT going with their young kids? Particularly if their tickets happened to be in, shall we say, the South Stand?

Not one to usually succumb to any of the pre-match hype and blah blah. But there's something that doest sit comfortably with me on this one, given i'm taking my 12 year old daughter. She doesn't need to be witnessing that kinda brick (potentially).
Well I'm taking my young boy.

Southbound platform at WHL should be interesting after the game.
I just find it incredulous that NR can keep on shutting down either WHL or Northumberland Park as many times as they do during the football season, what will happen in 2 years time when were at 60k

Back