• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V manchester united***

Re: De Gea. Nice to see Man Yoo getting a taste of their own treatment. Not in the right frame of mind etc. See how you like it.

As for the game. Im not really sure what to think. Its been a weird pre-season. Players we wanted to see are injured, others have not raised their games. Ans some still making the same mistakes as always. Considering Poch played Dier at DM 3 games in a row he must be thinking about playing him there.

So ill go for this side:

-----------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker----Alderweireld---Vertonghen----Rose
-------------------------Dier---------------------------
--------------Benteleb------Dembele---------------
---Chadli---------------------------------Eriksen----
-----------------------Kane----------------------------

Not the team I would have picked but what I think he will pick going by pre-season.

What I would like to see:

-----------------------Lloris--------------------------
Trippier---Dier-------------Vertonghen----Rose
--------------------Benteleb------------------------
------------Alli-----------------Dembele------------
--Chadli--------------------------------Eriksen----
--------------------Kane-----------------------------

As for the game. They are always hard to beat at home no matter how average they are. The fact that we have won there recently helps. Its the start of the season so nothing to do with runs or confidence etc. They have new players and we have a pretty settled team.

ill go 1-1 ( Kane ) and i would be happy with that result.

Lloris

---Trippier---Alderweireld---Vertonghen---Rose---

Alli---Bentaleb---Dembele

Eriksen--Chadli

Kane
They have some new signings that need to gel and De Gea not playing is not ideal preparation for them but good for us. Having said that, I would be very happy with a draw. We saw how clinical they were last season and it remains to be seen how our defence will pan out.

As usual, it will depend largely on how Kane, Eriksen and Chadli play.

1-1 but not confident.

Lloris

Eriksen--Chadli

Kane
They have some new signings that need to gel and De Gea not playing is not ideal preparation for them but good for us. Having said that, I would be very happy with a draw. We saw how clinical they were last season and it remains to be seen how our defence will pan out.

1-1 but not confident.

They pressed us and we absolutely crumbled. I expect LVG will want to do the same. Remember Smalling absolutely bossing Kane. Chadli and Eriksen have big roles to play. Dembele for me simply has to play. He has always done well at OT

They pressed us and we absolutely crumbled. I expect LVG will want to do the same. Remember Smalling absolutely bossing Kane. Chadli and Eriksen have big roles to play. Dembele for me simply has to play. He has always done well at OT

Yep. This isn't the game for Lamela's giving the ball away and stepovers, we need a bit of steel.

we lose 4-2 in an entertaining "helter-skelter" opening to the season, porch blames the insanity that is playing 2 games in 2 days 3 days before the season starts

Not sure about that, but I know sure as brick the knee jerkers will.

We're heading up tonight, leaving straight from work then the 3-3.5 hour drive up to Mcr. So I'd think we'd be checking in to our hotel in Salford Quays about 9.30-10pm, just in time for a few quiet drinks

Its nice around the Quays, I have family who live around M/C so I may even stay over and have a few bevys of my favourite beer ( Holts). Just going out the door now so lets hope we have a good un.

Am I right in thinking both Sky and BT showed their first games of the season free last season? Take it they're not doing that this year?

TEAM NEWS
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea will not play against Spurs amid ongoing interest from Real Madrid.

Bastian Schweinsteiger and Marcos Rojo are not considered fit enough but there could be debuts for Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin and Matteo Darmian.

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris may start after returning from a fractured wrist in the midweek friendly win over AC Milan.

Toby Alderweireld, Kevin Wimmer and Kieran Trippier may feature in defence.

Ryan Mason, Roberto Soldado and Andros Townsend are all fitness doubts.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33744640

How long before the media turn on De Gea for being so mean to United's itty bitty feelings?

How long before the media turn on De Gea for being so mean to United's itty bitty feelings?
I got the impression that Real Madrid were happy to wait another season and pick up De Gea on a free transfer. And I assumed the player would have been happy enough with that as it would mean he could command a larger salary.

So it's strange that he's kicking up a stink now. Maybe he's worried Madrid's new goalkeeper will settle quickly and have a great season, so feels the need to force the move? Whatever's going on; I get the feeling Lloris has made a decision to stay at Spurs for one more year, so this is unlikely to mess us around too much, and it might even lose United a few points, which can only be good for us.

I got the impression that Real Madrid were happy to wait another season and pick up De Gea on a free transfer. And I assumed the player would have been happy enough with that as it would mean he could command a larger salary.

So it's strange that he's kicking up a stink now. Maybe he's worried Madrid's new goalkeeper will settle quickly and have a great season, so feels the need to force the move? Whatever's going on; I get the feeling Lloris has made a decision to stay at Spurs for one more year, so this is unlikely to mess us around too much, and it might even lose United a few points, which can only be good for us.

I think players these deals pretty much always feel the need to move "now" when a potential move is presented to them rather than biding their time. We'd have likely seen the same behaviour from Lloris if Real were after him and not De Gea.

Some Opening Day stats and trivia for you going back twenty five years:

(*note the Opening Day game of the 2011/12 season is recorded as Man Utd away – we were scheduled to play Everton (h) but the game was postponed due to the riots.)

PLD: 25
W: 10
D: 6
L: 9

HOME: 7-3-3-1
AWAY: 18-7-3-8

Teams we’ve met most frequently on Opening Day:

3- Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd* (includes 2015/16)
2 – Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham, Liverpool

Spurs Goalscorers on Opening Day:

4 – Lineker (1990, 1991)
3- Sheringham (1993, 1994, 1995), Defoe (2004, 2005, 2012)
2 – Armstrong (1996), Ferdinand (2000, 2002), Anderton (1994, 2000)

Stats:

· It is 15 years (2000) since we scored three or more goals on Opening Day.
· We have failed to score on 9 occasions which is the most frequent goals scored tally (we have scored 1 on eight occasions.
· We have kept 8 clean sheets
· This season will be our 5th successive Opening Day game away from home
· Our last three Opening Day games have seen penalties awarded (1 for us, 2 against)
· Tomorrow will be our second earliest start to a season – the earliest was 7th August 1999 (lost 0-1 v West Ham).

3 Best Opening Day games:

1990 v Emirates Marketing Project (h) 3-1 Lineker 2, Gascoigne
First game following the 1990 World Cup and Gazza-mania was at it's height. He didn't disappoint with the 3rd goal; true to form Lineker scored the other 2 either side of a Niall Quinn equaliser at a packed White Hart Lane.
Team: Thorstvedt, Bergsson, Van Den Hauwe, Sedgley, Howells, Mabbutt, Stewart, Gascoigne, Nayim, Lineker, P Allen (Samways)

1994 v Sheffield Wednesday (a) 4-3 Sheringham, Anderton, Barmby, Klinsmann
Klinsmann lived up to the hype with a trademark powerful header to win a 7-goal thriller. Four of the 'famous five' on the scoresheet. Klinsmann also knocked unconscious and carried off on stretcher.
Team: Walker, Kerslake, Nethercott, Campbell, Edinburgh, Calderwood, Anderton (Mabbutt), Barmby, Dumitrescu (Hazard), Sheringham, Klinsmann

2014 v West Ham (a) 1-0 Dier
"Tottenham Hotspur, it's happening again" - the only bad thing about winning the game, with 10 men, in the 93rd minute was not having much time to respond to the most irritating song of 2014.
Team: Lloris, Naughton, Rose, Dier, Kaboul, Lennon (Townsend), Capoue, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Lamela (Holtby), Adebayor (Kane)

and one to forget.........

2007 v Sunderland (a) 0-1
We were expecting to seriously challenge for the top 4 after two 5th place finishes and having scored over 100 goals in 06/07. Having spent big money on Bent, Kaboul, Bale and KP Boateng big things were expected against newly-promoted Sunderland. Alas not, with 4 strikers on the pitch we created next to nothing and went down to Michael Chopra's 90th minute goal.
Team: Robinson, Stalteri, Chimbonda, Kaboul, Gardner, Zokora (Huddlestone), Malbranque, Jenas, Tainio (Bent), Berbatov (Defoe), Keane

Trivia (all question relate to the period above – 1990 – 2015):

1. Which four defenders have scored for Spurs on Opening Day?
2. Which four newly-promoted teams have we met on Opening Day?
3. Which four players have scored on Spurs debut on Opening Day
4. Which four Goalkeepers have made their full Spurs debut on Opening Day?
5. How many Spurs Managers/Head Coach's had their first game in charge on Opening Day?

Didn't his other half complain about Manchester and wanted out?

Lloris

Eriksen--Chadli

Kane

1-1 but not confident.

This. Best team imv from what I have seen in pre-season. Note the purple highlight. :cool:

De Gea and Di Maria have reminded the football world that United are not the big draw they once were under Fergie. Other than Cristiano, who else ever left on their own terms under Fergie? Without success you are always just a stepping stone to something bigger.

Back