• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V manchester united***

Not seen enough of Wimmer BTW...does anyone think he stands a chance of starting/being on bench?

I don't have Mason in the side because I genuinely thought he was hurt and Poch would not risk him.

I think Wimmer will be behind Dier and maybe even Fazio still in the pecking order. I think Dier will be the CB on the bench.

I don't think you can start Mason after 8 weeks out injured. I'd have him on the bench, but IMO Alli has earned his start alongside Bentaleb. He seems pretty fearless too

The only reason I ever joined this forum... to post my team for the next game

-----------------------Lloris----------------------

Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose

---------------Alli----------Bentaleb------------

----Demebele-----Eriksen------Chadli---------

-----------------------Kane-----------------------

I think it's a very strong side, my concern is the central midfield which is very talented, but short of experience. It's these type of games where that lack of experience will be highlighted. Bentaleb is probably the most exciting talent in our squad for me, but he has been careless in possession on some big occasions away from home in the past, although he was excellent at Wembley v Chelsea. But it's exactly playing in these games that will help him progress to the next level. Looking forward to seeing how he'll mature this year. Alli looks fearless. Exciting times.

Hugo

Kieran Toby Jan Danny

Nabil Moussa Dele

Nacer Eriksen

Harry​

2-2

Rooney,Depay

Harry, Nacer​

Last edited:
The only reason I ever joined this forum... to post my team for the next game

-----------------------Lloris----------------------

Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose

---------------Alli----------Bentaleb------------

----Demebele-----Eriksen------Chadli---------

-----------------------Kane-----------------------

I think it's a very strong side, my concern is the central midfield which is very talented, but short of experience. It's these type of games where that lack of experience will be highlighted. Bentaleb is probably the most exciting talent in our squad for me, but he has been careless in possession on some big occasions away from home in the past, although he was excellent at Wembley v Chel53a. But it's exactly playing in these games that will help him progress to the next level. Looking forward to seeing how he'll mature this year. Alli looks fearless. Exciting times.

I agree far more positive about this season that last, not because i think we will do better, but i think we have a very exciting bunch of young players coming through that im interested in watching. Don't get the negativity we are thin up front but i dont want a "Marque" signing unless Berahino counts as one. These players all know each other bar Trippier and Alli both who have started well in pre-season. We finished 5th with a weaker team last year, i expect we will finish 5th again this year. But there seems a method to what we are doing again

----------------vorm (unless hugo is ready)
trippier----toby------vert----rose
----------bentaleb----mason
--eriksen------dembele------chadli
---------------kane

both full-backs to push on, eriksen to drift in the middle, dembele to drop back as and when, chadli to get up alongside kane.

Yep we will be leaving later this afternoon 12 of us this time and I always enjoy my trips to O/T, think we may get a point this time but we shall see.

We're heading up tonight, leaving straight from work then the 3-3.5 hour drive up to Mcr. So I'd think we'd be checking in to our hotel in Salford Quays about 9.30-10pm, just in time for a few quiet drinks

Thought this may have been a good time to play the likes of Schweinsteiger as he has to acclimatise to the pace of the PL. He'll probably walk it but still.

I find it strange that some people will think (or even advocate) that Poch will suddenly change from 4231.

Personally, I hope he does as I really don't think it suits us, but I can't see it - particularly in the first game of the season against uuuuunited away.

I find it strange that some people will think (or even advocate) that Poch will suddenly change from 4231.

Personally, I hope he does as I really don't think it suits us, but I can't see it - particularly in the first game of the season against uuuuunited away.
What would you change it to? And what would be your line up?

We set up similarly in some of the more difficult games last season - Arsenal/City away iirc

we lose 4-2 in an entertaining "helter-skelter" opening to the season, porch blames the insanity that is playing 2 games in 2 days 3 days before the season starts

If Fellani plays then we need an extra body in the middle of the park. They overloaded Walker with two or three players last time out so he'll need a bit of help out there. 4-3-3 hopefully with Dembele on the right of the three to pull Fellani's hair.

Edit : And even if the hairy one doesn't play 4-3-3 worked well for us against the big boys last season.

If Fellani plays then we need an extra body in the middle of the park. They overloaded Walker with two or three players last time out so he'll need a bit of help out there. 4-3-3 hopefully with Dembele on the right of the three to pull Fellani's hair.

Edit : And even if the hairy one doesn't play 4-3-3 worked well for us against the big boys last season.

He's suspended.

De Gea has made it clear he wants to move to the Bernabéu and Van Gaal feels the issue means United’s player of the year cannot be in the right frame of mind to start the new season.

“He shall not play,” the manager said. “A human being is more than just a player and he cannot manage.”

Van Gaal would not say who would replace him but his fall-out with Víctor Valdés leaves it as a straight choice between Sergio Romero, the Argentina international, and Sam Johnstone, who has been involved in all four of United’s games on their tour to the United States.

Johnstone had loan spells at Preston North End and Doncaster Rovers but is in Van Gaal’s thinking because Romero has not played since the Copa América.

TEAM NEWS
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea will not play against Spurs amid ongoing interest from Real Madrid.

Bastian Schweinsteiger and Marcos Rojo are not considered fit enough but there could be debuts for Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin and Matteo Darmian.

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris may start after returning from a fractured wrist in the midweek friendly win over AC Milan.

Toby Alderweireld, Kevin Wimmer and Kieran Trippier may feature in defence.

Ryan Mason, Roberto Soldado and Andros Townsend are all fitness doubts.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33744640

Back