• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Sunday 31st August 1330 KO***

That's serious. We had too many players who were too slow in taking action on the pitch. Liverpool were getting back and then our passing and movement couldn't penetrate the side.

Townsend has the ability to run with the ball and be more direct. I hoped that we would see that side from him today but nope. Instead, like most of the others, he was useless.
There was a case for him but as a LEFT WINGER, why complicate a simple matter to the detriment of effectiveness?
Left footed players on the left and right footed on the right, unless they are effective in delivering first time crosses with either foot. Most players, even those totally one footed can swing a shot with their weaker foot, so if they want to cut inside and do so, great, but for GHod's sake play them where they are effective.
Everyone of Pool's players knew Lamela and Townsend would cut in.
Also, Mignolet is weak on crosses, why no corners on top of him and why did we not go to 4-4-2 to exploit this, especially when we went 2 down, by bringing on Kane.
Players were not the only ones who did not see the picture.
Last week it was right not to lob crosses into the 6 yards box as Caulker, Rio and Dunne would have gobbled them but this week it was worth a go.

Horrible game, and naturally I expect a nasty Avatar. Sorry guys.

Anyway this is rodgers 3rd season implementing his philosophy, it is Pochs' 5th game. Patience.

levy needs to pull his finger out, Liverpool have come from nowhere and blasted off into the distance in 2 seasons, with a similar net spend to us

about time he properly backed a manager and gives Poch the players he wants, not some moneyball alternative

?????

Rodgers' net spend since taking over = £105m
Ours = minus £12m

based on today, what ive seen from Poch at Southampton and with ourselves:

I'd sell Kaboul, Fryers, Ekotto, Townsend, Dembele, Holtby.

Fazio is Kabouls replacement.
Veljkovic in place of Fryers.
Davies has replaced Ekotto.
Welbeck replaces Townsend.
Schneiderlin replaces Dembele
Stambouli replaces Holtby.

All good but what about up top? Who will provide the 15-20 goals? There is a top striker in the Man U ranks and he doesn't seem to be part of Van Gals plans (and I don't mean Welbeck...). It's Chicharrito for me as opposed to Welbeck and we cut our losses with Soldado.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I don't think Liverpool have better players. I think Liverpool have players who believe 100 percent in their manager and their philosophy. We have good players, but once the third goal went in you can see how they almost all switched off and thought '**** it, let Poch deal with the post-match inquisition'.

Poch needs players who know him, who know what he can do, who believe in him 100 percent. What was depressing today is that clearly, some of our players don't: they don't want to run themselves into the ground playing for him, and would prefer to switch off when faced with adversity. That will never, ever work in a team-based high-pressing system like Poch's, which makes getting his key targets all the more important. I haven't seen much evidence of that happening so far, is all.

Got to say id be hard pressed to pick one spurs player in a combined eleven wi Liverpool today- we are way off the quality- loris maybe and Verts possibly but other than that all Liverpool.

Got to say id be hard pressed to pick one spurs player in a combined eleven wi Liverpool today- we are way off the quality- loris maybe and Verts possibly but other than that all Liverpool.

based on today's performance none of ours could get in the Hartlepool team, let alone Liverpool

Rodgers is quite impressive.....its an OKish Liverpool team, but with a new defence and Baloteli making his debut they still took us to the cleaners. The manager got his tactics spot on

really?

is that right?

unbelievable, ok, negates that point then

You can find it all here - http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

We also have the lowest spend of any PL club over the past five years - http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

I don't know how fans can realistically expect us to keep up with these clubs by breaking even or less every year, not to mention afar smaller wage bill. We've been punching above our weight for the past few years, we messed up a bit last summer and Liverpool finally got it right, money will always prevail.

You can find it all here - http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

We also have the lowest spend of any PL club over the past five years - http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

I don't know how fans can realistically expect us to keep up with these clubs by breaking even or less every year, not to mention afar smaller wage bill. We've been punching above our weight for the past few years, we messed up a bit last summer and Liverpool finally got it right, money will always prevail.

now I'm really depressed

where do Liverpool get all their money from? are FSG bankrolling them, I thought they had a reputation of fiscal prudence with the Red Sox

Southampton were already a well functioning team when he arrived. There's more work needing to be done here.
what????? So well functioning that they sacked Adkins.

What work needs to be done? How many first teamers in and out? Jeez its like people want a whole new team

Could it simply be that Rodgers just out thought Poch today?

Always look on the bright side of life

Only right it find some positives in today's game:

1.We only lost by 3 goals today- an improvement from last year!
2. Mario balotelli was worse than ADE today
3. They have mignolet in goal and we have loris - I know which one id rather have
4 we still have a positive goal difference
5 poch now had a better feel for the Herculean task ahead of him

What work needs to be done? How many first teamers in and out? Jeez its like people want a whole new team

Southampton were doing well under Adkins there was no need to sack him Poch was brought in under a new chairman I do believe jobs for the boys not because they were struggling

Re: Always look on the bright side of life

Only right it find some positives in today's game:

1.We only lost by 3 goals today- an improvement from last year!
2. Mario balotelli was worse than ADE today
3. They have mignolet in goal and we have loris - I know which one id rather have
4 we still have a positive goal difference
5 poch now had a better feel for the Herculean task ahead of him

eh?

Or that Rodgers has had over 2 years to drill his philosophy into his side and Pochettino has only just taken over.

I am still very impressed with Pochettino, in what he says and how he conducts himself. A lot to do still. And these errors are those of individuals as they were last year. They won't just magically improve overnight. We feel inferior to Liverpool all over the park but we will improve. I have no doubt about this.

now I'm really depressed

where do Liverpool get all their money from? are FSG bankrolling them, I thought they had a reputation of fiscal prudence with the Red Sox

They've speculated to accumulate. Backed their man and been rewarded with CL money (which makes up for the early net spend), better commercial deals and more global exposure after their nadirs under Hodgson and Kenny.

We, on the other hand, have made a 12 million profit over the last few years, although that's probably gone into the stadium. What's funny is that we won't be able to fill that damn thing if we keep getting spanked by teams that move aggressively to secure top-class players that fit into the visions that their managers have for those particular sides. Still, that's what the board have gone for.

Back