• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Sunday 31st August 1330 KO***

Keep the faith with Poch it's early days unfortunately it's going to take some time to undo the ****e of last season. Rodgers has had time to embed his system We need a striker and to convince saints to part with schneiderlin. Throw Townsend at them and.some cash to test their resolve.

BwX4L3yIEAADUZk.png

We won the headers

Fair play to lamela still working till the end looking like the one player who could do something.
He'll still probably get a lot of stick.

Feel bad for him, theres zero movement around him and he ends up looking bad. Wish he had run more with the balls and maybe had a go himself, there was nothing else going to happen.

If we want to get top four we need a better first choice forward, Ade not good enough. And retire Kaboul and get a good CB in.

It has been very, very uncomfortable to watch, this game. I think Poch learned a lot about the characters of the players he has at his disposal. An awful lot went wrong today in the worst way possible at the worst possible times, but that doesn't excuse giving up that easily on a game, ever. Especially when you're playing for a new manager.

There are a lot of players whose mental fortitude I would question, and again, I sincerely hope the players Poch has received in this window are the players he wanted, because if they aren't, we'll be in for much more of the same going forward.

Horrible game, horrible display from most of the players. Bar Dier (who tried his heart out, horrific game aside) and Lamela, absolutely no one tried anything once we went 2-0 down. No leadership, no heart, no spine.

Sad.

points wise yes, performances? no in my opinion

were you expecting an instantaneous revolution to rip through the whole squad, and suddenly players who weren't good enough last year to be world beaters this, in the space of one summer?

What should Poch have achieved by now? That we rock up and turn over a team that smashed us to pieces last season- and to do it with virtually the same set of players?

That's serious. We had too many players who were too slow in taking action on the pitch. Liverpool were getting back and then our passing and movement couldn't penetrate the side.

Townsend has the ability to run with the ball and be more direct. I hoped that we would see that side from him today but nope. Instead, like most of the others, he was useless.
Not much point running with the ball and being direct if the end result is the opposition having the ball every time.

Keep the faith with Poch it's early days unfortunately it's going to take some time to undo the ****e of last season. Rodgers has had time to embed his system We need a striker and to convince saints to part with schneiderlin. Throw Townsend at them and.some cash to test their resolve.

Hardly. We'll buy Stambouli and convince ourselves that we've backed Poch to the hilt. :(

we're you expecting an instantaneous revolution to rip through the whole squad, and suddenly players who weren't good enough last year to be world beaters this, in the space of one summer?

What should Poch have achieved by now? That we rock up and turn over a team that smashed us to pieces last season- and to do it with virtually the same set of players?

I don't expect anything from Poch this season. I expect a lot from our chairman, and from our players. On the part of the board, there has to be a commitment to Poch that outlasts the commitment we gave AVB and Sherwood. From the players, there has to be a bit of heart and fight. On the evidence of this game, we've received neither so far.

We need some transfer day magic to save us from this horrendous shower. Cant see it though.

Kaboul Ade and Townsend should never be in the team. Need a LEADER in the team. We have none.

We looked better with Eriksen on . it was a missed opportunity for Lamela to impose himself on the game and show us why we paid all that money for him.

I don't expect anything from Poch this season. I expect a lot from our chairman, and from our players. On the part of the board, there has to be a commitment to Poch that outlasts the commitment we gave AVB and Sherwood. From the players, there has to be a bit of heart and fight. On the evidence of this game, we've received neither so far.

OK. I dont see that. I think we just got battered by a far superior side with an ingrained philosophy and better players. Losing to a better team at the beginning of a new managers reign wouldn't lead me to question the chariman, for example. we just need more time and better players in crucial areas.

Oh well, at least we won on possession... Dier about the only player who can hold his head high, bar the soft penalty... individual errors once again killing us against the top teams...

@WhoScored:
Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool FT:
Shots(OT) 7(1) - 17(8),
Possession 61% - 39%,
Rating 6.21 - 7.37
http://bit.ly/1pgNKUD #thfc #lfc

Oh well, at least we won on possession... Dier about the only player who can hold his head high, bar the soft penalty... individual errors once again killing us against the top teams...

@WhoScored:
Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool FT:
Shots(OT) 7(1) - 17(8),
Possession 61% - 39%,
Rating 6.21 - 7.37
http://bit.ly/1pgNKUD #thfc #lfc

Dier completely lost Sterling for the first goal, then conceded a soft penalty, I wasn't impressed with his performance.

Back