• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Sunday 31st August 1330 KO***

I think we made Liverpool look a lot better by playing silly and naive football. We gave the ball away so cheaply at times which you can't do against top teams. Straight from the kick off we gave the ball away. We just had no composure and in terms of trying to pass out from the back, it was like they passing a grenade, you could see mistakes.

Its going to take Poch a lot of games to turn us around.

They've speculated to accumulate. Backed their man and been rewarded with CL money (which makes up for the early net spend), better commercial deals and more global exposure after their nadirs under Hodgson and Kenny.

We, on the other hand, have made a 12 million profit over the last few years, although that's probably gone into the stadium. What's funny is that we won't be able to fill that damn thing if we keep getting spanked by teams that move aggressively to secure top-class players that fit into the visions that their managers have for those particular sides. Still, that's what the board have gone for.

Not really. Their ability to spend larger came from the fan base they have. It's ****ing huge.

I'm hoping that once we have the stadium built, all the TV money that has never been spent etc will be used in one big lump to buy players for a "project" like Emirates Marketing Project did when grabbing players like Kompany and Toure

thats more like it, we've got our tottenham back, another "messiah", another false dawn, same old, same old

thats more like it, we've got our tottenham back, another "messiah", another false dawn, same old, same old

3 games in..

do you remembers Harrys first year? - 6 games without a win at one stage scoring just 2 goals in the process. Who thought a year and a half later we'd be qualifying for CL

I'm hoping that once we have the stadium built, all the TV money that has never been spent etc will be used in one big lump to buy players for a "project" like Emirates Marketing Project did when grabbing players like Kompany and Toure

Poch won't be around at that point, having been fired after a 6-0 loss to City or Liverpool or whoever, during the course of which Stambouli and Fazio got themselves sent off and the players all gave up after the first goal. We'll all call him a bad manager who was 'inflexible' and hire the next golden boy, who'll come with a list of players he will want signed: none of them will, and the guy will instead be saddled with a bunch of low-cost alternatives and the demand from the board to get CL football or else. Etcetera, etcetera, ad infinitum.

I dont think spending is our biggest problem. We have always spent but just not with a plan.

3 games in..

do you remembers Harrys first year? - 6 games without a win at one stage scoring just 2 goals in the process. Who thought a year and a half later we'd be qualifying for CL

harry actually started with 10 points out of 12

i guess my point is a lot of people were thinking we had turned the corner after 2 games but its so typical of us to put in a performance as flat as that after such an encouraging start to the season

i guess my point is a lot of people were thinking we had turned the corner after 2 games but its so typical of us to put in a performance as flat as that after such an encouraging start to the season

yeah he did, but he still had a rough patch. We havent even had one under Poch. We lost to a team that fought for the title last year. If this was against say, Burnley or West Brom at home, I'd understand. We lost, its in the past. Poch will move on, today hes probably learnt alot more than a win today would have done. Just hope we do learn and progress

Inconsistency, particularly early after a manager takes over, is typical football not typical just of us. Did you really expect us to just go from strength to strength every week?

They've speculated to accumulate. Backed their man and been rewarded with CL money (which makes up for the early net spend), better commercial deals and more global exposure after their nadirs under Hodgson and Kenny.

We, on the other hand, have made a 12 million profit over the last few years, although that's probably gone into the stadium. What's funny is that we won't be able to fill that damn thing if we keep getting spanked by teams that move aggressively to secure top-class players that fit into the visions that their managers have for those particular sides. Still, that's what the board have gone for.

Who are the top-class players Liverpool have aggressively moved for under Rodgers? Remember them losing out on both Sig and Dempsey to... us? Rodgers has lost out on plenty of players he's wanted along the way, but he's managed to get them playing by working well over time.

I dont think spending is our biggest problem. We have always spent but just not with a plan.

We spend with house money though. I often read things like "wow, we sold x,y and z for the same amount we signed a, b and c" implying that we've upgraded with nothing spent but I just think we're continuously flipping players of similar quality, if it was that easy then every club would do it. All we end up doing is setting ourselves back as we have to integrate the new faces into the side and before we even do that we're already thinking about replacing them with more "upgrades".

yeah he did, but he still had a rough patch. We havent even had one under Poch. We lost to a team that fought for the title last year. If this was against say, Burnley or West Brom at home, I'd understand. We lost, its in the past. Poch will move on, today hes probably learnt alot more than a win today would have done. Just hope we do learn and progress

Spot on!

We spend with house money though. I often read things like "wow, we sold x,y and z for the same amount we signed a, b and c" implying that we've upgraded with nothing spent but I just think we're continuously flipping players of similar quality, if it was that easy then every club would do it. All we end up doing is setting ourselves back as we have to integrate the new faces into the side and before we even do that we're already thinking about replacing them with more "upgrades".

It does seem like this

tickle my balls with a feather

now I'm really depressed

where do Liverpool get all their money from? are FSG bankrolling them, I thought they had a reputation of fiscal prudence with the Red Sox

Liverpool' commercial income has been around double Spurs' for at least the past 5 seasons, according to Deloitte and Forbes, so they are merely spending what they earn...

28u74sn.jpg

Last edited:
Who are the top-class players Liverpool have aggressively moved for under Rodgers? Remember them losing out on both Sig and Dempsey to... us? Rodgers has lost out on plenty of players he's wanted along the way, but he's managed to get them playing by working well over time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Allen-joins-Liverpool-Swansea-15m-deal.html

I suspect Poch has similar feelings about Schneiderlin. Would Levy had paid 'many millions more' than 15 million for someone like Allen, or tripled his wages, just because Poch desperately, desperately wanted him? Would Levy have paid 16 million pounds and handed 100k a week to Mamadou Sakho?

There is a reason Rodgers turned us down for Liverpool in the summer of 2012. I highly doubt it was because of our propensity for sacking managers: I do think it's because of our reluctance to back then with anything that isn't, as Rossi22 put it, 'house money'.

Back