• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City ***

I just remembered that when watching the game, they showed a graphic that Peresic got a yellow card, and it popped up at least 10 minutes after he'd been subbed off!
What was that all about? I didn't see him getting a yellow on the pitch!?!?

Got booked for running on the pitch to celebrate with Son.

I'm a season ticket holder for over 40 years and sit in this area as I'm with my family. Why stand when there is a perfect view sitting down?

Well south lower is advertised as a standing section, i don't really see how someone can take exception to people around them standing with that in mind.

Thought he was decent. Issue was defence and midfield constantly giving the ball away, not the forwards.

It’s always the fault of the forwards in his head. Son and Kane could score 50 league goals each and the defence could concede 100 and he’d still say Sanchez or Royal are the players of the season

Some observations from yesterday;

Shame that a minority of fans ruined the minutes silence, makes the rest of us look bad.

First half wasn’t good enough, painful watching us try and get out of our half when clubs like Leicester and Brighton come to our place and do it with ease. Second half was miles better and we always look dangerous when we hit teams on the counter.

Conte, please don’t ever start Sanchez in a competitive game unless it’s necessary and other players aren’t available. Amazing how we signed the only player from Ajax who isn’t good on the ball.

Pleased Son got off the mark.

Kulusevski class again with another assist.

I think you’re in a very, very small minority there. Sanchez’s downfall as shown last night will always be his inability to kick a ball. His awful attempt at a pass put us in trouble, then he compounds the first error by diving in for their penalty. If you dive in, you have to get the ball. Romero is a rolls Royce of a defender, Sanchez is a Skoda. Despite all the nonsense about him improving his passing, he’s still poor at it and won’t ever improve to a good enough standard. I don’t ever recall Romero making an error of that magnitude, certainly not two in the same game, within seconds of each other.

My point was solely about shape and positioning, with an out and out attacker at RWB, Romero is a better footballer than Sanchez, but he’s very aggressive in pushing out and gets the wrong side of the ball at times.

Royal and Romero, which we finished the game with, would have been fine.

My point was solely about shape and positioning, with an out and out attacker at RWB, Romero is a better footballer than Sanchez, but he’s very aggressive in pushing out and gets the wrong side of the ball at times.

Royal and Romero, which we finished the game with, would have been fine.

Sanchez’s shortcomings outweigh Romero’s by far. Sanchez can be having a good game but he’s always susceptible to putting us in trouble with his distribution and rash decision making. You just can’t have that at CB. Whereas a forward can be poor all game and score the winning goal. You might think that’s harsh but it’s just how it is. Would you at least admit that Sanchez was very poor for the first goal and it was largely his fault?

Sanchez’s shortcomings outweigh Romero’s by far. Sanchez can be having a good game but he’s always susceptible to putting us in trouble with his distribution and rash decision making. You just can’t have that at CB. Whereas a forward can be poor all game and score the winning goal. You might think that’s harsh but it’s just how it is. Would you at least admit that Sanchez was very poor for the first goal and it was largely his fault?

Yes.

But that doesn’t mean the balance wasn’t wrong to start with.

Forwards need to do a job too, scoring a goal doesn’t justify not doing the defensive and build up work required for the team.

Yes.

But that doesn’t mean the balance wasn’t wrong to start with.

Forwards need to do a job too, scoring a goal doesn’t justify not doing the defensive and build up work required for the team.

It does because he is a poor footballer and should only start if our first choice CB’s are injured. He has shown over a number of years that he isn’t good enough for a top 4 side. His level as a starter is something like Everton or Brentford.

Well the defence and midfield need to feed the ball to the forwards. Can’t do much if we can’t get out of our own half. I just don’t see how you always find a way to blame the forwards and absolve the rest of the team. You’d think we have Nesta and Cannvaro at the back who never make any mistakes and Modric and Xavi in CM who are constantly feeding the forwards. The fact that we struggle to get out of our half isn’t down to the forwards.

Just watched the game this morning because i couldn't watch it last night.
Disjointed and lacking in confidence at times.
But i thought Leicester got a lot of bounces and ricochets going their way, not to mention just about every decision.
Soft pen where the attackers leg went into davo, their keeper getting a foul for jumping into davo, ndidi committing two professional fouls in two mins and not carded for either and side show bob going right through kulu.

Big shout out to son.

Just watched the game this morning because i couldn't watch it last night.
Disjointed and lacking in confidence at times.
But i thought Leicester got a lot of bounces and ricochets going their way, not to mention just about every decision.
Soft pen where the attackers leg went into davo, their keeper getting a foul for jumping into davo, ndidi committing two professional fouls in two mins and not carded for either and side show bob going right through kulu.

Big shout out to son.

Nailed on penalty for me. If you dive in like that you have to get the ball, which Sanchez didn’t. I guess he was trying to atone for giving the ball away a few seconds earlier. Having said that, can’t believe he let them take the penalty again. Keepers move all the time and very rarely get retaken. Thought the ref was ok apart from that. Leicester were the better team in the first half. We were the better team in the second.

Nailed on penalty for me. If you dive in like that you have to get the ball, which Sanchez didn’t. I guess he was trying to atone for giving the ball away a few seconds earlier. Having said that, can’t believe he let them take the penalty again. Keepers move all the time and very rarely get retaken. Thought the ref was ok apart from that. Leicester were the better team in the first half. We were the better team in the second.

Think your last sentence should be born in mind. How many teams have bettered us in second halves this season? I’d say very few. Whether meant or not it’s been an effective way of winning games.

It was dumb, his second mistake in a matter of seconds, and he should not have went to ground, but for me that was a bought penalty. Attacker moved his leg to Sanchez. Was it justine? He had some epic dives in that game.

It would not surprise me if there is not another pen retaken this season.

If will have happened, but I cant actually remember watching a game where it did in recent seasons before yesterday

It does because he is a poor footballer and should only start if our first choice CB’s are injured. He has shown over a number of years that he isn’t good enough for a top 4 side. His level as a starter is something like Everton or Brentford.

Well the defence and midfield need to feed the ball to the forwards. Can’t do much if we can’t get out of our own half. I just don’t see how you always find a way to blame the forwards and absolve the rest of the team. You’d think we have Nesta and Cannvaro at the back who never make any mistakes and Modric and Xavi in CM who are constantly feeding the forwards. The fact that we struggle to get out of our half isn’t down to the forwards.

what have I said about the forwards in this thread on defensive balance?

in the back 5, you can’t have an outer cb and and a wb, on the same side, who both go, one needs to hold, that’s more natural to Sanchez than Romero for me, yes he made a mistake, but we could have conceded from having two players high up the pitch too

it’s precisely that we don’t have Nesta and Cannavaro that we need to have a safety back there

it’s not coincidence that Barnes disappeared as soon as Royal came on

Couldn't make this game, but hugely disappointed that some idiots did not keep the minute's silence for the Queen. I hope they got a good thump from people next to them for their trouble - I certainly would have dealt with any idiot next to me, in what might be called a robust manner. Was it a few individuals or more widespread?

Back