• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City ***

Probably my worst day at a Tottenham game and I was there when we lost 1-6 to Chelsea and 0-4 to 3rd division Burnley.
It started with the disgraceful noise during the minutes silence and ended with me walking out after 13 minutes as I couldnt see the game due to selfish idiots who stood for most of that time. I've arthritis in both knees and find it difficult enough getting up for the numerous weak bladdered fools during the game but today was the limit.
I never saw the penalty incident or the resulting kicks or our equalizer, there is no reason why people stand there is a terrific view from the sitting position, after going since 1957 I think this is a sad way to end my going to games.

The noise might have something to do with the fact that people were being denied entry from around 5.20. Anything to prevent something something. They fudged up big time.

Good second half after a tinkle poor first half. Looked much better with 3 in midfield and Bissouma came on and looked good. Well taken goals from Son, good to see him scoring again and was nice to see the team all huddle him when he scored. Think Kane was abit meh again today despite the goal and Sanchez had a bit of a mare aswell as Lloris with his distribution, he made a couple of good saves though.
Overall a game of 2 halves and Leicester really are brick.

Last edited:
The noise might have something to do with the fact that people were being denied entry from around 5.20. Anything to prevent something something. They fudged up big time.

It's ridiculous to expect people to get to a match on time, particularly when they know there will be a minutes silence before kick off and it might be sensible to be in your seat before then.

I just remembered that when watching the game, they showed a graphic that Peresic got a yellow card, and it popped up at least 10 minutes after he'd been subbed off!
What was that all about? I didn't see him getting a yellow on the pitch!?!?

As one might imagine, only being able to watch the first half live would have put any Spurs fan into a right funk.

Such was my case. After that, I was trapped in the dreary doldrums of working at a loud, shrill multi-media event for 'Merican mow-rons, within which a Major League Baseball game broke out. Not the happiest or fastest-moving three and a half hours of my life, not knowing how Spurs were doing against the league's dreck.

So it was with sheer delight that I streamed the second half without knowing the final score and got to experience the Heung-Min Son Return. I see these latest posts are full of moans so I shan't dig back for context or further details.

All I care about is that we won and scored sensational goals. First half impressions include serious concern about D. Sanchez and his ongoing ability to play at this level. Otherwise? All Things Bright and Beautiful. Bring on the Tinsel Vincibles.

if anything this game shows why kane can't lead the line anymore - he is slower and is more easily dispossessed.
also it demonstrates that son is best attacking space - something we stopped doing since the end of last season, preferring highly controlled games.
putting both together, kane should be up for set pieces for headers, otherwise should be dropping deep to lure defenders out and allowing Son to attack the space behind. like we did last season so well.
however, i think kane wants the golden boot and his contract situation may mean that he has more say than son at the moment. so maybe a dilemma for conte and paratici. however if we don't win something we might lose either or both to more ambitious clubs. who would you rather lose? kane or son?

What it proves is that until we have world class wing backs, whenever the 3-4-3 hits a blip, going to 3-5-2 makes the most sense as it gets the most out of our squad. Which Kane have you been watching this season? The biggest issue with him has been that he is possibly dropping too deep too often to try and create that space/create with deep passing. FWIW, he has largely (bar Sporting) been both effective and productive despite the detailing he’s been getting.

I think it is also well worth remembering that Leicester are the bricktiest side I have seen off the ball in some time, with the tactical nous of a pigeon army and no awareness of space whatsoever. Sonny’s goals were great, but let’s ask how many teams will give him that space this season?

There is little doubt that when we need to get control of a game, 3-5-2 is going to be very helpful.

Son could only react if he had space in front of him to attack.
The last few games including the CL we had Kane leading the line unfortunately slowing things down.
I believe our best attack is Kane supporting Son and Kulu like we did last season - if Kane allows it
Richy should be used as a sub for Kane (heading) , Son (strikes) or Kulu (dribbling). He is a generalist, a utility striker and does not have a particular strong point.

What slows things down the most is the inability of our WBs to provide quick enough service primarily. How many times do they check back and either pass square inside or back to defenders? A lot. Conte also needs to make sure the balances are right. When Richy starts on the right, he drifts way inside towards that 9, it leaves the RWB with a lot of space that they don’t make the best of and requires one of PEH or Bents to drift over in support. Deccy is a vital player in Conte’s system. I am excited to see Bissouma getting a better grip of things as 3-5-2 will (for me) be his breakthrough formation.

I was very very worried at half time. Thought we were a mess defensively. As bad as I’d seen us under Conte but second half was a very good performance.

Son gets the headlines but Bentancur turned up when we needed. Brilliant throughout, his goal was exactly what we needed and was sensational from him. Great pressure, great finish.

There was an awful lot of love for Sonny in the stadium which was great to see. The reaction when his first went in was a bit special. I was absolutely thrilled for him. The fact even Perisic ran on to celebrate, ah it’s a needless yellow but shows the esteem in which Sonny is held.

Bit of a Jeckyll and Hyde performance but credit to Conte. He obviously got into them at half time and his subs were spot on. Bissouma did well but just being there in midfield added a lot in itself.

The lad next to me had a theory on the starting line up that hadn’t occurred to me. Having decided that he was starting Sanchez, did Conte decide to drop Royal as he couldn’t have the two of them together on the right side because they’re both weak on the ball?

Anyway, upwards and onwards. We’ve had worse days…

A fascinating game. My first thought was how many of the failures of midweek were addressed:

- Conte acted early making subs. I think he recognised his error midweek. And what a difference they made.
- Conte acted on the wing-backs, not only making a selection change but multiple in-game changes too.

This throws up more questions, and Conte's success last season, was built on playing a consistent team. Davies for example, wouldn't have excelled had Conte listened to fans. But he recognises a consistent side will allow people like Davies to play themselves into form. That's more of a challenge now. Perisic looks a bit of a liability defensively, but he offers so much on set pieces and crossing. How are we so weak in this area? We need more technical quality to provide.

Questions:
  • Does Conte now stick with Perisic and Sessengon as first choice? Davies to cover LWB and Lenglet to start?
  • We looked so much more assured with 3 in the middle. Could Kulu play at RWB, he's probably Perisic's equal defensively, allowing a 3 man midfield.
  • Alternatively, can Conte get the CBs with Lenglet and Romero integrated into a midfield unit when we're in possession? We're still lacking a bit here, and leaves the middle of the pitch undermanned in possession - unless we can get the CBs and WBs all playing cohesively as a unit in possession.

We don't want to be forced into soely being dependent on fast counter attacks. The issue we have is that teams know our plan, and bust a gut to stop the break - stop the key pass and track the run. Do that, and you'll likely get the ball back from us. We don't have a midfield/defensive unit able to recycle and move the ball through the middle currently, so it leaves us a bit of a one-trick pony. Only Kane dropping back, adding Bissouma to create a 3, or getting the defense and CMs to become an effective unit in possession, changes that.

Last edited:
Row 26 I will speak to the club about changing but it will probably mean I'll have to move away from my son and grandson which is a major point of my enjoyment.

Ask them for a seat in the Sky bar. Are there any videos of people viewing the game from up there? Seems to have been a bit of a white elephant.

I’m happier with Sanchez than Romero in that configuration to be honest. Romero gets too high up the pitch at times.

I think Sess is weak defensively, poor in the air and quite lightweight, not always the sharpest at getting back too. He’s fine when we have a kind of wonky and Royal can cover from the right allowing Davies to shift over, but we won’t get that from Perisic.

I think you’re in a very, very small minority there. Sanchez’s downfall as shown last night will always be his inability to kick a ball. His awful attempt at a pass put us in trouble, then he compounds the first error by diving in for their penalty. If you dive in, you have to get the ball. Romero is a rolls Royce of a defender, Sanchez is a Skoda. Despite all the nonsense about him improving his passing, he’s still poor at it and won’t ever improve to a good enough standard. I don’t ever recall Romero making an error of that magnitude, certainly not two in the same game, within seconds of each other.

A fascinating game. My first thought was how many of the failures of midweek were addressed:

- Conte acted early making subs. I think he recognised his error midweek. And what a difference they made.
- Conte acted on the wing-backs, not only making a selection change but multiple in-game changes too.

This throws up more questions, and Conte's success last season, was built on playing a consistent team. Davies for example, wouldn't have excelled had Conte listened to fans. But he recognises a consistent side will allow people like Davies to play themselves into form. That's more of a challenge now. Perisics look a bit of a liability defensively, but he offers so much on set pieces and crossing. How are we so weak in this area? We need more technical quality to provide.

Questions:
  • Does Conte now stick with Perisic and Sessengon as first choice? Davies to cover LWB and Lenglet to start?
  • We looked so much more assured with 3 in the middle. Could Kulu play at RWB, he's probably Perisic's equal defensively, allowing a 3 man midfield.
  • Alternatively, can Conte get the CBs with Lenglet and Romero integrated into a midfield unit when we're in possession? We're still lacking a bit here, and leaves the middle of the pitch undermanned in possession - unless we can get the CBs and WBs all playing cohesively as a unit in possession.

We don't want to be forced into soely being dependent on fast counter attacks. The issue we have is that teams know our plan, and bust a gut to stop the break - stop the key pass and track the run. Do that, and you'll likely get the ball back from us. We don't have a midfield/defensive unit able to recycle and move the ball through the middle currently, so it leaves us a bit of a one-trick pony. Only Kane dropping back, adding Bissouma to create a 3, or getting the defense and CMs to become an effective unit in possession, changes that.

I def think Kulisevski at RWB is worth a shout to allow a 3-man midfield. Might be a massive gamble for the NLD, but I think we may well need to take the risk. It could earn us a point there

Back