• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City ***

Couldn't make this game, but hugely disappointed that some idiots did not keep the minute's silence for the Queen. I hope they got a good thump from people next to them for their trouble - I certainly would have dealt with any idiot next to me, in what might be called a robust manner. Was it a few individuals or more widespread?

Didn’t think it was widespread but in a stadium where the vast majority are silent, the minority of idiots can be heard. Was more than 1 or 2 for sure but wasn’t an awful lot I thought.

I was pretty disgusted by it to be honest and I’m not British. There’s a woman who has died here and she seemed a decent person by all accounts. You’re achieving nothing by marring the minutes silence even if you don’t like the Royal Family. I guess idiots become bigger idiots after a few beers and the 5:30 kick off didn’t help in that regard.

As for the macarons north of the border supporting Celtic and Dundee United, I have no words.

What slows things down the most is the inability of our WBs to provide quick enough service primarily. How many times do they check back and either pass square inside or back to defenders? A lot. Conte also needs to make sure the balances are right. When Richy starts on the right, he drifts way inside towards that 9, it leaves the RWB with a lot of space that they don’t make the best of and requires one of PEH or Bents to drift over in support. Deccy is a vital player in Conte’s system. I am excited to see Bissouma getting a better grip of things as 3-5-2 will (for me) be his breakthrough formation.

good point about 3-5-2 ... i think it makes the best use of our players capabilities.
don't disagree that WBs need to move forward, but so has the rest of the midfield and attack.
also need more from midfield and the CBs in supporting the attack. hope that bentancur's goal and hojberg's assist will inspire them to join in the attack.
not sure what happened to romero, looks like he is hiding an injury, not putting it all out in the last couple of games.

Couldn't make this game, but hugely disappointed that some idiots did not keep the minute's silence for the Queen. I hope they got a good thump from people next to them for their trouble - I certainly would have dealt with any idiot next to me, in what might be called a robust manner. Was it a few individuals or more widespread?
I listened to the start of the game on 5 Live and the disruption of the silence sounded horrendous

I listened to the start of the game on 5 Live and the disruption of the silence sounded horrendous
From what I could make out from my seat in the East Upper those disrupting the silence that seemed to come from the direction of the South Stand weren't actually inside the stadium bowl... I sounded to me as though it was people on the concourse or coming from the concourse into the stadium bowl singing songs as they probably weren't aware that the silence was in progress.

From what I could make out from my seat in the East Upper those disrupting the silence that seemed to come from the direction of the South Stand weren't actually inside the stadium bowl... I sounded to me as though it was people on the concourse or coming from the concourse into the stadium bowl singing songs as they probably weren't aware that the silence was in progress.
Which happens a lot
I’ve seen it and heard that no end as it’s drunken people kinda oblivious of what they are walking into

Just watched the game this morning because i couldn't watch it last night.
Disjointed and lacking in confidence at times.
But i thought Leicester got a lot of bounces and ricochets going their way, not to mention just about every decision.
Soft pen where the attackers leg went into davo, their keeper getting a foul for jumping into davo, ndidi committing two professional fouls in two mins and not carded for either and side show bob going right through kulu.

Big shout out to son.

Like you I watched it yesterday, I watched the penalty 3 or 4 times and thought Sanchez was trying to avoid contact but just got a touch. The penalty retake was right but I doubt we'll see that repeated often. Not a popular view I expect but I thought we looked better when Royal came on both our wing backs didnt look convincing when asked to defend and Leicester targeted them. Although Royal doesn't deliver many dangerous balls in the box his tackling wins a lot of balls and has lead to us scoring from getting possession from them.

Like you I watched it yesterday, I watched the penalty 3 or 4 times and thought Sanchez was trying to avoid contact but just got a touch. The penalty retake was right but I doubt we'll see that repeated often. Not a popular view I expect but I thought we looked better when Royal came on both our wing backs didnt look convincing when asked to defend and Leicester targeted them. Although Royal doesn't deliver many dangerous balls in the box his tackling wins a lot of balls and has lead to us scoring from getting possession from them.
Yeah, it looked to me that Sanchez did everything he could to pull out of the tackle, having realised that he was nowhere near the ball. Unfortunately, there was light contact and the Leicester player naturally went down. If it happens anywhere else on the pitch, the player skips away with the ball having left the defender on his arse.

Last edited:
Back