• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

DXnSzt7XkAAo6Fn.jpg

In our last two CL forays (one with some glorious results, the other - not so much) it has felt to some extent as if we were lucky to be there, the newbies, there to make up the numbers. Whereas this time round we are most definitely there on merit, playing our peers not our betters, and making people sit up and notice.
I'm really looking forward to tonight. I expect it to be tough, but am confident we will get through.

Posted in the Davide Astori thread in General but it's probably better posted in this thread for tonight :

MINUTE'S SILENCE - DAVIDE ASTORI
A minute's silence will be observed before our match against Juventus and before every UEFA Champions League and Europa League match this week in honour of Fiorentina defender Davide Astori, who sadly passed away on Sunday.
We would like to ask all fans to please be respectful of this if entering the stadium close to the 7.45pm kick-off by remaining silent on the concourse.

The tie is on such a knife edge. We know we are in a good position but we also know 1-0 is Juve's favourite result and would be enough. Expect a fascinating tactical battle. I think Pochettino will just tell the boys just go out there and win tonight. Don't get sucked into any thoughts of away goals etc.

The tie is on such a knife edge. We know we are in a good position but we also know 1-0 is Juve's favourite result and would be enough. Expect a fascinating tactical battle. I think Pochettino will just tell the boys just go out there and win tonight. Don't get sucked into any thoughts of away goals etc.

Juve are almost certain to come out of the blocks fast, try and get an advantage like last time - and if they do will then be very happy to sit on it.

An early goal for us opens it up and makes for a good game to watch, one for them makes it attritional and horrible to go through.

We must not let that happen at all costs. Stay solid, and grow into the game as it allows.

It has been a good CL campaign so far this season. Our win against Real Madrid in the group stage will be fondly remembered by fans and the media in future. But we have a chance to do even better by progressing to the Quarter finals at least. We did really well to come back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in the first leg at Juventus. Due to that, we don't need to win the second leg to progress. We can progress on away goals rule if we avoid conceding more than 1 goal here. Let's hope we can play well and get a convincing win over Juventus to progress.

Kane did well to score against Juventus in the first leg. But he has not been at his best in recent matches. Hope he can find his best form and get a goal or two against Juventus. Apart from Kane, we also need others like Eriksen, Son and Lamela to help our attack. Lamela played well in the first leg. So, it will be wise to start Lamela again as his creativity and work rate will be usefull. Alli has not been in good form this season despite having 8 assists in the league. So, maybe Lamela can start instead of Alli. Son has been in good goal scoring form at home this seaosn. Maybe he can get a goal to help us in this match. Moura can come on later in the match to help our attacks.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Our midfield of Dembele and Dier did well to control the first leg match. We will need them to be at their best again. Dembele has been in great form recently. Hope he can inspire us again. I think we should start Wanyama instead of Dier in this match. We need to stop Juventus getting any chances in midfield. This is where Wanyama will be more useful than Dier.

We need a match winning performance from our defence. After all, we can progress to the next stage if we don't concede any goals. Too bad Alderweireld is not fit for this match. Hope Sanchez will have an error free match with Vertonghen in defence. We need to avoid getting too ambitious in defence and avoid giving away any freekicks near our goal. Let's hope Llorie will be at his best to help us keep the clean sheet in this match.

It is going to be a tense match. Juventus are desperate to score and will be fired up from the start. We need to lift our game to stop them. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Juventus and progress to the Quarter Finals of the CL.

Everybody dance now!

We did our part by scoring 2 goals and getting the draw in the first leg. Now we need to complete the job by by putting up another good performance and win. It will help us greatly if we can get an early goal to help our nerves settle. Let's hope we will do enough to overcome Juventus and progress to the Quarter Finals of the CL.

Juve are almost certain to come out of the blocks fast, try and get an advantage like last time - and if they do will then be very happy to sit on it.

An early goal for us opens it up and makes for a good game to watch, one for them makes it attritional and horrible to go through.

We must not let that happen at all costs. Stay solid, and grow into the game as it allows.
I think that's it. Juve will look to get a goal then sit back. They'll have analysed the last game thoroughly and identified some key tweaks to cope with our midfield -- probably sticking a man on Eriksen.

They have the experience. We have the fitness. Even if we go 1-0 down, I'll be confident of pulling it back later in the game. COYS!

We can be got at early in games, its the main thing Im worried about.

The only other thing that worries me is Juve sitting everyone behind the ball and playing on the break. I wouldnt put it past them, and its also something we can be caught out by.

That said I think we have every chance of a result, a 0-0/1-1 draw being enough for us should hopefully mean Juve get more desperate the longer they arent in front and open up.

I do.
I think he has been fearless and eased us through some rough injuries with some selfless, industrial and thoroughly brave performances.
He has absolutely made a couple of mistakes, no argument, but overall I still think he has to play for the flexibility, bravery and power he offers.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Agree with the last line but for me, his range of passing just isn't quite up to scratch for where we want to be i.e. at the top of the table and this is one area where Wanyama is superior. I'd like to see Wanyama be given a run of games, Dier can always come back in if Wanyama's form doesn't improve.

Back