• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

To be honest, I never really thought about us winning the CL, I don't think that was going to happen [[99.999%]] so I'm not fussed really, I am hugely focused on the league and FA Cup and we desperately need to do well in these. The CL is great fun and financially important, but I don't think our squad is ready yet.

If Wanyama was fully fit, and Toby. And Moura. Oh, and Winks. And Rose. And Aurier was properly settled and trained. And if Llorente wasn't so hopeless... and if Sanchez was another year acclimatised... then I would start to dream big. But I can see we have a lot of issues this year. Next year perhaps, PROVIDING WE GET IN AGAIN.
I did think of us winning the CL. And with a bit of luck, we may have just had the chance. Because I do not think we're that much worse than the top teams and definitely not as crap as Chelsea was when they won it.

Last edited:
I can understand the indignation over the 'dark arts' in play from our Italian opponents. But I have banging on about ineffective refereeing for bloody years and it's a waste or breath!
We MUST (and sadly) wise up, The referee has not got eyes in the back of his head so player have to 'bring it to his attention'.
Son as I keep saying should have 'emphasised' all the assaults! Dele is the man! Intelligence above his years and knows how it works!
It would be wonderful if football alone won games, but even the best over egg the pudding when it come to these off the ball incidence.
We must (sadly) wise up!

This is a good take on the situation
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nham-naivety-victim-Juventus-street-nous.html

Last edited:
One would have hoped Poch would have 'coached' the squad on the all Juventus's ways before the game!:mad:
He's not talking about the squad, he's talking about Levy and the board of directors, his coaches, ex players, Ossie Ardiles et al

He's not talking about the squad, he's talking about Levy and the board of directors, his coaches, ex players, Ossie Ardiles et al

No I get that, I'm talking how poorly our players reacted on the night!
[edit] They must bring the quick and vociferous attention to the referee on the likes of stamps and punching off the ball.

Last edited:
I forgot it was allegri at AC Milan when we knocked them out - he must have been driven to pay us back, but we nearly did it again

To the bloke who was sitting behind me (I was in block 121, row 15, seat 270): I rarely go to Spurs games, usually once a year, so thanks making this experience better. Always backed the team when needed and you made it in style. Even in the depressing last 30 mins. Best support I've seen on a Spurs match. Take a bow.

And NOW this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nham-imitate-Juventus-treatment-referees.html

[edit] One would have hoped Poch would have 'coached' the squad on the all Juventus's ways before the game!:mad:

I also felt we were too soft with the referee especially when Son was got stamped on and kicked. I think most teams would have made a big fuss about that but we went as if nothing happened. Maybe if it happened to Alli or Lamela, they would have made sure the whole world notice it. But Son was too naive and didn't show any reaction to that.

I also felt we were too soft with the referee especially when Son was got stamped on and kicked. I think most teams would have made a big fuss about that but we went as if nothing happened. Maybe if it happened to Alli or Lamela, they would have made sure the whole world notice it. But Son was too naive and didn't show any reaction to that.

Son has to wise up are they will kick even more lumps out of him.
I'm still amazed that a Argentina international who played with the likes of Simeone and Ayala has not school our boys more effectively.

spilt milk we move on.......

Last edited:
By brains do you mean experience of these type of games? Our squad and coaching staff have, to me, shown plenty of 'brains' to get us to 3rd and 2nd place finishes above teams with far higher budgets than us. They have also had us playing scintillating football AND (for the most part) adjusted to Wemberly.

I am not saying any of that, in brains I meant the dark arts ofthe game which Juve had in abundance which got them through

Back