• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

The bloke is unreal
Lamela is his dad and everyone else must have hurt him in a former life
Alli gets kicked to bits yet he think he is trying to win fouls...
And Kane had a free header which to me was NOT a free header .... which lamela should have buried after oh the post (no mention of that)

Yep, that Lamela one was galling. I saw the second half highlights when I got in last night (I couldn't face replaying the whole game) and 'if only' Lamela hadn't checked his forward movement, thinking the ball had been cleared. It would have been harder not to score.

Yep, that Lamela one was galling. I saw the second half highlights when I got in last night (I couldn't face replaying the whole game) and 'if only' Lamela hadn't checked his forward movement, thinking the ball had been cleared. It would have been harder not to score.

Easy to say but you just do whatever you can to get on the end of that

On ITV a they said their ones you would always back the forward

Worse was that the clearance was from the als who should have been sent off

We looked dead on our feet at 60 minutes. After that we didn't have a midfield as Dier went missing and Dembele was basically a statue. We should as always score more goals given the number of chances we create, but the lack of substitutions cost us.
Disagree completely. We didn't run out of legs, just didn't cope well enough with the very small period in which Juve got on top. You will never ever dominate a full 90 minutes in any game, especially against a team as good and savvy as Juve are. We just didn't manage the game as well as we should've in that period where we weren't in the ascendancy.

So we have Barzagli stamping on Son twice.
Barzagli taking out Son at the shins.
Matuidi going through Dier and avoiding any sort of card.
Liechtensteiner rabbit punching Son.
Chiellini cleaning Alli out.

On another day at least two of those are straight red cards.

Welcome to "professionalism" and "knowing how to win"...

I am genuinely sad. Not because we're out per se, but because we are such a good side and it just feels like we do not ever get the rub when we most need it. The closest we've got to being as dirty as they were was at Chelski two years ago, and we are never allowed to forget it.

Ah come on. What we did at Chelsea two years ago was out and out thuggery. Juve weren’t in that league last night.

Dier, Lamela and Dembele at a minimum should have got sent off. A couple of others could have to.

I know we’re disappointed but Juve were nowhere near that level last night.

I did enjoy us kicking lumps out of the rent boys by the way.

Christ we are a load softies on here!
We have been 'Juventused' this is what they do! They win!

They don't care "who is the best team" Poch. They just win!
We are light years away from thier levels of experience. Let's not delude ourselves of any different. We gave it a right good go, but unsurprisingly fell short, no disgrace in that. Remember we are just starting our Champions League journey, Juventus have got the tea shirt.
When we drew Juventus out of the hat my thoughts were Ouch! This current feeling is why.
Juventus are IMHO the toughest draw we could have got without getting Messi in the draw.
Cheer up peeps Bournemouth beckons!

Up until Juve scored I thought we looked in full control of the game, and actually didn't even think of defeat as a possibility - I was just calmly watching us play the ball around Juventus like they were Huddersfield. Allegri pulled som strings, put 4 at the back, which made it more difficult for us to find space in attack, but we still didn't look like conceding - maybe the players, like me, got a bit complacent, thought it was too easy, and then the concentration lapsed. You simply can't afford that at this level. We've done it a few times in the Premier League this season as well, concentration lapses resulting in conceding goals (which was probably what Allegri alluded to before the game - something we should use to motivate the lads!). If we can learn to be more cynical/concentrated/stay focused defensively (which will ultimately come with experience, I reckon, and compared to where we were only a few years back, we're clearly on our way), and become much more efficient in front of goal, we'll be better equipped for these type of matches.

Having said that - Juventus were ultimately very lucky to win that tie. Experienced and efficient, sure, but they got outplayed for 170 of 180 minutes against us. I can't for a second imagine them winning the CL, not impressed by them at all. It feels like a bit of a robbery today, very similar to how Chelski beat us in the first match of the season. We simply must learn to become more clinical and to shut up shop. Ifs and buts won't do a thing now, but I imagine if we had a fully fit Toby there last night (and in Turin), we would've walked this tie.

Overall very proud of the boys and our CL campaign. We can hold our heads up high.

Allegri's move to 4 at the back changed the whole dynamic for us, we were in a right bugger's muddle for a ten minute spell which not so coincidentally won them the game.
Poch was left a little on the back foot by Allegri's changes. Dier (who looked sluggish for most of the game) I think didn't know whether to stick or twist, and let Higuaín run away from him for the first.

I really hate the way Italian teams play.

The niggly fouls, the gamesmanship, the time wasting, the out and out defence...

I get it, its a legitimate strategy, but I really do hate it.

Its no wonder Mourinho seemed so at home out there.

Allegri's move to 4 at the back changed the whole dynamic for us, we were in a right bugger's muddle for a ten minute spell which not so coincidentally won them the game.
Poch was left a little on the back foot by Allegri's changes. Dier (who looked sluggish for most of the game) I think didn't know whether to stick or twist, and let Higuaín run away from him for the first.

That was it, Allegri pulled a great move and it took us off balance. Juve were fortunate enough to make it count. Theres no real shame in losing this game, as sad as it is.

The bloke is unreal
Lamela is his dad and everyone else must have hurt him in a former life
Alli gets kicked to bits yet he think he is trying to win fouls...
And Kane had a free header which to me was NOT a free header .... which lamela should have buried after oh the post (no mention of that)

You seems to hate Lamela like he stole your girl friend. He only played for 15 minutes. That was a header which Kane normally scores from. I think no one expected Kane to hit the post instead which is why Lamela or anyone one else was following up.

The niggly fouls, the gamesmanship, the time wasting, the out and out defence...

We have plenty of gamesmanship and niggly fouls in our own game too and for me we're all the better for it, arguably we need to actually improve that area further rather than bleat on attacking our players for it - Juve used it to their advantage to slow us down having seen us dominate them in the first leg, we had opportunities to go through them and break up their counter attacks which we spurned

I dont 'like' the way they play, I love the way they play. Great skills and allied to grit and determination and they have a practicality to them that is missing at Spurs ATM.
Alway have a bet on Italy in the world cup as they tend to have that 'get the job done' mentality. Mourinho at Inter was outstanding before he lost the plot later at Real.

I know some people hate this, so just ignore if you do - but have a look at the xPts table here. It basically calculates how many points we would normally win based on our performances. Real life football doesn't work like that, of course, but it's a good indication of how lucky/unlucky we've been in decisive moments this season.

https://understat.com/league/EPL

It sounds banal, of course, but had we been slightly more clinical/lucky offensively, and slightly more lucky defensively, we would've been higher up the table (and according to this, only 8 points behind Emirates Marketing Project, figuring in their xPts - they're actually kicking quite a bit above their weight, or simply have that slight bit extra class or luck that we don't have).

All theoretical stuff, of course, but a good indication of where we stand none the less. We're fudging good, that's the point, and with just a tiny bit of green rubbing off on us, and some slight adjustments/improvements in our finishing/tactical defending, we're going to be right up there.

I just hope we can hold on to everyone (including Poch) this summer, and give it another go next year. We're getting more and more experience, and we're getting better and better every year.

a lot of folks are saying Poch & the players were caught out by the changed that Juve made, But for me a top management team would have thought about these types of things before the game and told the players what his thoughts were if
we went down to 10 men
they went down to 10
they played with a back 4
they played with a back 3
they were leading and we were chasing the game
we were leading and they were chasing the game

I just don't think Poch thinks about "what if" its just we play our way and it will do, that may work if you are Barca or real madrid or the old man u, when teams are afraid of you, but most teams aren't afraid of us, and most teams now think if we can keep it to 0-0 or 1-0 till last ten minutes then we can have a go at them

a lot of folks are saying Poch & the players were caught out by the changed that Juve made, But for me a top management team would have thought about these types of things before the game and told the players what his thoughts were if
we went down to 10 men
they went down to 10

I just don't think Poch thinks about "what if" its just we play our way and it will do, that may work if you are Barca or real madrid or the old man u, when teams are afraid of you, but most teams aren't afraid of us, and most teams now think if we can keep it to 0-0 or 1-0 till last ten minutes then we can have a go at them
He's learning too. He will get better the more he plays in these big games.

we went down to 10 men
they went down to 10

Whether Pochettino does or does not think about the opposition changes etc. of the type that occured last night is open to debate, but it would be difficult to argue that we were caught out and 'all at seas' for that period and it cost his team the match.

You seems to hate Lamela like he stole your girl friend. He only played for 15 minutes. That was a header which Kane normally scores from. I think no one expected Kane to hit the post instead which is why Lamela or anyone one else was following up.

He wouldn’t get near missus as she would just move to his right and we all know he any go right.... he is Zoolander (you may need to google that)

Kane did well just to get a header there but chasing a game you have to gamble

I dont 'like' the way they play, I love the way they play. Great skills and allied to grit and determination and they have a practicality to them that is missing at Spurs ATM.
Alway have a bet on Italy in the world cup as they tend to have that 'get the job done' mentality. Mourinho at Inter was outstanding before he lost the plot later at Real.

Sorry mate bug I didn’t see that much skill form them last night

At no point did I think we had any pressure on us and I was supposed at how weak they were creatively

Back