• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Hull City Tigers *** Capital One Cup

from the videos i saw of him at Toulouse, Capoue looks to offer more than purely being a destroyer - looked comfortable on the ball and able to pick a pass so his possible inclusion doesn't have to be viewed as a negative (in terms of playing a DM against what could be Hull City reserves)

------------Friedel------------
---Kaboul----Vlad-----Vert----
------Capoue--Dembele-------
Lennon----Lamela------Eriksen
-----Ade-------Soldado-------

Going into tonight's game against Hull City, it's interesting to see how many English players Spurs have used so far this season...

P0358_zps8101f30f.png

...40% of the players Spurs have used so far this season are English and they account for 36% of all appearances and 39% of all goals scored.

I wonder how the other top Premier League clubs would fare?

I'm hearing Tom Huddlestone didn't bother going back to Hull.

Was he squatting in the visitor's changing rooms?

Going into tonight's game against Hull City, it's interesting to see how many English players Spurs have used so far this season...

P0358_zps8101f30f.png

...40% of the players Spurs have used so far this season are English and they account for 36% of all appearances and 39% of all goals scored.

I wonder how the other top Premier League clubs would fare?

Well surely you're the man to provide us with the answer?

;)

Who was it complaining at every opportunity about losing our Englishness this summer?

Spurs have not lost in 90 minutes at home in the League Cup since losing 3-1 to Birmingham City in October 2000 - a run of 18 matches.

League Cup is always our best chance to win a trophy. It is the same again this season. We are now just 1 match away from the quarter finals. We supposed to have big advantage playing teams like Hull at home. But after struggling against Hull in the league just 3 days ago, can see this being another difficult match for us. After the way we won that match though a late penalty, Hull must be all fired up to take revenge on us. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality. This is a good chance for us to progress to the quarter finals. Let's hope we will make use of the chance.

We have really lacked goals in the league matches this season. But we have done much better in Cup matches. This is largely due to the 8 goals scored by Defoe so far. For some reason, Defoe has always been a prolific goal scorer in Cup matches. And he has continued that form this season. Surely, Defoe has to start this match. Want to see Lamela getting the full 90mins playing time in this match. Lamela really needs to get more playing time to help him adapt to the English football. I think he badly needs to score a goal to boost his confidence. Hope Adebayor will get to play some part as well. With us lacking goals, we should give a chance to Adebayor to show what he can do for us.

It is pity that we still cannot come out with a settled midfield until now. As a result, we still cannot get the best out of our midfield so far. Unfortunately, there has been no player being really outstanding in our midfield this season. Really not sure who will play in our midfield in this match. Just hope whoever picked in midfield will give their best. But I would prefer if the likes of Eriksen and Chadli starts as they have not played much lately. I am still not convinced of Chadli. Hope he can show his worth. It will be great if Capoue is fit and partner Dembele in midfield. Just hope the midfield can be more creative this time.

We have used virtually our first choice defence in all the matches so far. Hope we can rest the likes of Vertonghen and Lloris for this match. I think both of them needs some rest. I would prefer Gomes over Friedel in goal. I think Friedel is getting slow as he gets older. If Kaboul is fit, want to see him partner Chiriches in centre defence. Hope they will start a good understanding between them. We have kept so many clean sheets this season. So, will be very disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet here.

Performance is really not important in Cup matches. But hope we put up a good performance and get a convincing win.

Any official team news yet ?

Hope both Kaboul and Capoue will return to give us more option in defence and midfield. Hope the team will get a convincing win to make the fans happy.

If the rumours are true will be good to see Capoue back playing again after his injury - don't expect he'll start, maybe a 30 minute run out at the end when were cruising.

we definitely need to rest Lloris, Verts, Walker, Sandro, Townsend, and Bobby for this one so would expect Friedel, Fryers (if fit), Naughton, Dembele (swapping with Capoue near the end), Lamel and Defoe to start, with Eriksen to come in for Holtby, Chadli for Lennon.

So many options would be good to use them - 4-0 to spurs Lamela with all four (or more likely defoe with all four!)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but have one adult and one child ticket available in west upper tonight . Bought family package but two can't come due to illness. Both tickets for there face value of £20 (child ticket has zero value as part if package)

Can't explain why but I think we will have a great game tonight. If Lamela starts I reckon he will put in a performance worthy of his reputation and Holtby should start and play the game at high tempo. Also like to say how decent Shelfside is offering tickets at face value. Shame that doesn't happen through all aspects of life. A genuine football fan.=D>

Assuming Spurs make it through tonight to the Quarter Finals, these are our potential opponents and how many times we've already played them in the League Cup since 1966...

Chelsea (7 times)
Leicester City (once)
Manchester United (8 times)
Stoke City (once)
West Ham United (7 times)

Emirates Marketing Project (3 times)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (3 times)
Southampton (twice)
Sunderland (3 times)

Let's hope that this is settled before the need for a penalty shoot-out, as Spurs haven't won a penalty shootout since 1994, losing 7 in a row.

Last edited:
I think we will look like this:
Lloris
Naughton Dawson Vlad Fryers
Dembele Paulinho(with Capoue subbing him in the 2nd)
Lamela Eriksen Chadli(with Siggy subbing him in the 2nd)
Defoe(with Ade subbing him in the 2nd)

Back