• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Hull City Tigers *** Capital One Cup

Anybody know who's fit and who isn't?

I'd play Friedel v Sherrif, but play Lloris in this one:

---------------lloris
naughton---kaboul---chiriches---vert(fryers if fit)
-----------dembele-----capoue
--lamela-------eriksen------chadli
---------------defoe

bring on Ade and Sig from the bench at some point.

-----------------Lloris
-- ----- Kaboul ---Dawson ---Verts
-----------Capoue------Dembele----
----Lennon--------Lamela------Eriksen
----------------Ade------------------
---------------------Soldado----

Hull have Sunderland this weekend. That will no doubt be their priority and it'll be reserves and kids against us.

We need a strong team out there,we had enough trouble with them on Sunday.

They are not gonna put a full team. Last time they made 9 chances from the 11 they played in the league.
We dont need a strong team we need an attacking creative team. Yet everyone here seems to want to see Capoue play.

Want to see 4-4-2 in this game really just to see if we can be fluid with some of the players playing in a system we haven't used for a while. Definitely want to see some of the players who haven't had much time recently start or come on at some point. As much as I don't like Naughton, I would play him just to keep Walker fresh for Sunday and I would pair Ade and Soldado up top just to see how it works. Players like Kaboul might miss out but hopefully they are fit enough to make the squad.

------------Friedel---------------

Naughton--Chiriches--Dawson--Fryers

Lennon--Dembele----Sandro--Lamela

----Soldado------Adebayor-----

Subs: Gomes, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sigurdsson, Capoue, Chadli, Defoe

Going for a 3-1 win with both Soldado and Adebayor on the scoresheet.

Want to see 4-4-2 in this game really just to see if we can be fluid with some of the players playing in a system we haven't used for a while. Definitely want to see some of the players who haven't had much time recently start or come on at some point. As much as I don't like Naughton, I would play him just to keep Walker fresh for Sunday and I would pair Ade and Soldado up top just to see how it works. Players like Kaboul might miss out but hopefully they are fit enough to make the squad.

If Fryers is still out would you put Vertonghen LB or bring back Walker and move Naughton over to LB. I think I would actually prefer to see another youth full back instead.

If Fryers is still out would you put Vertonghen LB or bring back Walker and move Naughton over to LB. I think I would actually prefer to see another youth full back instead.

I didn't know that Fryers was injured actually but that is a tough one. I don't like Naughton at all, I think he is weak and a pretty mindless footballer but he is a last resort at RB. I think LB leaves him out to dry because he slows play down all the time by having to come back onto his strong foot and doesn't seem to have the confidence to try and play on his left hand side at all.

I think if it came down to it I would play Vertonghen and leave Naughton at RB and give Walker another rest.

Having witnessed Sunday's none-too-rich offering, I doubt this will be one for the purist, either. Bruce won't have changed his approach and he'll be wanting to see his tactics vindicated. Expect more patient build-up from Spurs in response, so 0-0 after 90 mins for me.

Smiles on the training ground? Hasn't anyone told them it's a home game?

In seriousness, I'm hoping we can play with a bit more freedom in this one and the likes of Lamela et al. will find a way to express themselves.

Why play Sandro? Why Lamela on the left where's ****e. I doubt hes ever played in a 442 in his life neither.
If you want a 442 play Chaldi out the left he can cross with left foot. And stick Holtby in the middle. Its only Hull reserves.

Why play Sandro? Why Lamela on the left where's ****e. I doubt hes ever played in a 442 in his life neither.
If you want a 442 play Chaldi out the left he can cross with left foot. And stick Holtby in the middle. Its only Hull reserves.

First of all, It is my feeling on who should play and in what way. Secondly, I can justify why I would do all those things, whether they would work or not, who knows. But it is my feeling that to perhaps try something slightly different could give us a chance of sparking a slightly more creative home performance.

1) I would play Sandro because I want him to have another 90 minutes after injury, thus increasing his match fitness.

2) I would play Lamela on the left because I want both him and Lennon to get to the byeline and sling crosses in as I am playing with 2 out and out forwards. Whether that happens or not is another matter. How often have you seen him play on the left to say he is no good? Probably never. Lamela not playing 442 in his life is questionable just like your assertion that he is rubbish on the left but if he hasn't what is the harm in trying it if it is just Hull's reserves?

3) If you want to play a 442 then you play Chadli on the left and stick Holtby in the middle. Just for clarification, I haven't picked Holtby as he played a part on Sunday and my team is trying to change it up and keep it competitive whilst giving people games.

Last edited:
hull won't be bothered with to try with injuries threatening to wreck their season.
much as they tried to intimidate us, we still provided a stiff and unrelenting challenge.

hope to see avb call their bluff and take the plunge work by playing a totally attacking line up.
soldado, defoe, lamela, holtby, siggy, chadli and a strong back four.

I would like to see as much attacking talent on the pitch as possible, Ossie style. It would be great for Lamela, Eriksen and Soldado to get a few moves going, they are class players.

They are not gonna put a full team. Last time they made 9 chances from the 11 they played in the league.
We dont need a strong team we need an attacking creative team. Yet everyone here seems to want to see Capoue play.
Regarding Capoue, I want to see him play for two reasons - firstly because I want to see the guy back in contention. I liked the look of him as a player and this is the kind of game you can play a defensive midfielder who might only be at 80-85% fitness without being *too* exposed (Hull will not be putting out a strong team in my view - with the injuries they already have, Bruce won't risk key players in a competition that won't be his top priority).

Secondly, I think Capoue has the potential to add a deceptive amount of creativity in attack, even though he is a primarily defensive player. He made some really excellent penetrating passes in the few games we saw him play - exactly the kind of thing we're most lacking right now. He brings more to the team than Dembele in that regard (just based on a handful of appearances I know - which is why I want to see more).

Back