• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Hull City Tigers *** Capital One Cup

Team should be relatively easy

Lloris (just don't think Brad can work as well with our system)
Defenders based on who's fit, big ask for me would be trying to rest Vert
Expect Chadli, Lamela, Holtby, Siggy +whoever of Sandro/Dembele/Paulinho that AVB doesn't plan to start on week-end
JD upfront

Bench -> Ade (to be brought on at some point), Lennon, Kaboul (maybe 15 mins at end), Eriksen, Brad

Some training pictures from today:

BXrRWvuCYAAICWe.jpg

BXrSCdFCYAAbP7s.jpg

BXrSuZRCcAA-23D.jpg

BXrTazYCMAAEtVN.jpg

A couple of sorely missed players back in action.

No Rose ?

Play for the clean sheet, Hopefully sneak away with a goal from a set piece.

-----------Lloris-----------------
Walker-Kaboul-Dawson-Vertonghen
-----------Capoue----------------
------Paulinho-Sandro------------
Dembele---------------Siggurdson
-----------Soldado---------------

which would put us closer to Wembley, I'm sure people will still complain.

Would love to see Capoue get some game time if he's fit enough. He looked the genuine article in the few games we saw him play so far. And I seem to remember his passing stats were outrageously good (stats aren't everything, but better to have good ones than bad ones). It's not exactly a position we're short of players in - and from the standpoint of the team, it's really Rose we need back - but nice to see him back in contention all the same.

My team...

.......................... Lloris
Naughton .... Kaboul .... Dawson .... Vertonghen
................ Capoue ..... Dembele
Lamela ............ Sigurdsson ................. Chadli
.......................... Defoe

Bench: Friedel, Chiriches, Paulinho, Holtby, Eriksen, Soldado, Adebayor

Rest Sandro as he has a big part to play away to Everton. Rest Lennon as he's just back from injury. And rest Townsend just because we can afford to. If Capoue isn't ready yet, then play Paulinho there and put Sandro on the bench. If Kaboul isn't ready, then play Chiriches and have Fryers on the bench as a defensive sub. I wouldn't be Adebayor's biggest fan, but if he has any future at all at the club, then I'd expect him to get a half hour here.

I think Hull will put out an even weaker side than at the weekend, and they probably won't be as disciplined. So we could do well here. Personally I'm an optimist when it comes to Spurs. I think AVB has got us doing the basics right - solid defence, plenty of possession, clean sheets, well drilled. It's now up to him (and the creative players / strikers) to get everything working properly in the final third. And I believe it will happen. AVB has got us sitting in fourth spot (a solitary win behind the league leaders); best first quarter of a season in decades; grinding out victories... and all this despite the fact that our well-regarded and high-potential attacking players simply aren't doing the job yet. That bodes well in my book. Because I think they will before too long. I think we have the quality up front (and just behind the front) to start winning matches like the Hull game much more comfortably.

Spurs 3 - 0 Hull (Defoe, Lamela, Sigurdsson)

WTF? Thanks but no thanks

AVB simply MUST play 4-4-2 in this game. If we get another dour display after WHU and Hull then he is making a rod for his own back.

He can risk a starting 4-4-2 and go back to 4-5-1 if it is not working. I personally believe it WILL work.

Friedl

Naughton Kaboul (if fit)/Chiriches Verts Fryers

Lamela Capoue (if fit)/Dembele Eriksen Chadli (more likely Siggy)

Ade Defoe

Subs Soldado, Kane and others

Last edited:
WTF? Thanks but no thanks

It was a ****take. Though its not too far away from the team some people want.

Its Hull reserves at home.

--------------Lloris-------------
Naughton Kaboul Chiriches Fryers
----------Holtby Eriksen
Lennon-------Lamela-----Chadli
------------Adebayor----------

AVB simply MUST play 4-4-2 in this game. If we get another dour display after WHU and Hull then he is making a rod for his own back.

He can risk a starting 4-4-2 and go back to 4-5-1 if it is not working. I personally believe it WILL work.

Friedl

Naughton Kaboul (if fit)/Chiriches Verts Fryers

Lamela Capoue (if fit)/Dembele Eriksen Chadli (more likely Siggy)

Ade Defoe

Subs Soldado, Kane and others

Think this is a match where we could try 4-4-2 to see if it makes a difference, although I would expect Hull to be more attack-minded from the off with it being a one-off cup game with no replay

I'm hoping there will be a few rivers flowing well come Weds night. Disappointed not to be going, but staff shortages at work means we cant get there

I'm hoping there will be a few rivers flowing well come Weds night. Disappointed not to be going, but staff shortages at work means we cant get there

Tha internetz says 3 stations will be showing our game. Should be able to find something.

Back