• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Huddersfield

I heard that they tend to press high and hard?

Don't know if Wagner would adjust this tactic, but if not, it could play into our hands.
What makes you think another high press team plays into our hands? Other than Dortmund this season we've tended to struggle against teams that also press high...

Winks gets his start:

Lloris
Alderweireld...Sanchez...Vertonghen
Trippier...Winks...Dier...Davies
Eriksen...Dele
Kane​

I wonder if Winks and Eriksen will end up doing for us what De Bruyne and Silva do for City. No rush for Winks, but I have a feeling Poch might move our midfield in that direction as Winks develops further.

I'd be very happy with that but I think that we'll see Sissoko again
He might rest him, hes played more games than most of our players I would have thought? Coinciding with Winks return from injury he might well sit this one out....

I'd be very happy to be wrong. Not that I think Sissoko has been as bad as many on here, it's just that Winks is a little more elegant.

Agreed. And with no Aurier, I think that it tips the balance in Winks' favour too.

Or alternatively it could make us look sh*t.......like when any other team employs this tactic?
Agreed. Real test for us tomorrow.
Winks gets his start:

Lloris
Eriksen...Dele
Kane​
I would be very happy with that. Based on the Poch press conference I thought it sounded like Poch might be taking it easy on Winks after the midweek game, but would love it if he's judged ready to start another one.

I'd fancy a spin back to the old 4-2-3-1

Lloris​
Tripps Toby Jan Davies
Dier Winks​
Eriksen Dele Sonny
Kane
Sanchez, Sissoko can sit out.

Gives us a chance to look at wink s with dier, as without Moose/Wanyama we are stuck with Dier playing on his own as a single holder (although this recent formation does suit Sissoko), so would be nice to know we can partner Dier up with someone. Looking at the press conference.....i think Poch gave the impression (in his reaction) that Moose might take a while to get right?

Tripps can get forward without being alone on that flank and we also get to have all our 20+ scorers on the pitch.

Agreed. Real test for us tomorrow.

I would be very happy with that. Based on the Poch press conference I thought it sounded like Poch might be taking it easy on Winks after the midweek game, but would love it if he's judged ready to start another one.
I thought for the last 10 minutes of Tuesday that Winks left leg was giving him some discomfort.??

I thought for the last 10 minutes of Tuesday that Winks left leg was giving him some discomfort.??

Someone else thought Dier had an issue, while I wondered about Kane just before his substitution.

The river got a bit juddery, mid-way 2nd half, so maybe that was the issue.

Winks gets his start:

Lloris
Eriksen...Dele
Kane​
So who's your source? You got a rather surprising team selection correct earlier this season if I recall correctly.

I'm happy with that team, although I would have gone 4-2-3-1 myself with Son in for Sanchez.

What makes you think another high press team plays into our hands? Other than Dortmund this season we've tended to struggle against teams that also press high...

Because they're a newly promoted, ex-Championship team and one to eleven, we should be a class above and able to play around them.

Or alternatively it could make us look sh*t.......like when any other team employs this tactic?

Which teams did that? Remind me.

I seem to remember Burnley and Swansea parking the bus in particular. They didn't press high and we struggled to break them down.

Dortmund did and caused us problems for sure, but it also obviously opened them up for us to hit on the counter.

Everton try to play and we swept them aside.

Maybe I'm missing some?

Either way - whatever Huddersfield do - I'd hope we have enough quality to deal with it defensively and offensively.

Back