• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Forest **

As for Son, him never being dropped regardless of what form he is in is the reason he had that reaction today, acting like a spoilt little bitch.
We've previously never had someone to drop him for that is of comparable quality or impact. Besides which players are happy to go off? Kane isn't, Dier hasn't been, Defoe used to hate it. It's just the nature of players.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Haha true but that aside the days of the top teams whalloping everyone lower than 7th have truly gone. Teams come up spending 100m and can take results all.ocer, leagues much more level in that respect when you take out the financially doped, the rest is alot more level
When has every team below the top 7 being walloped ever a thing? Hyperbole. [emoji1787]

All teams have always come to play, there have always been varying levels of quality throughout the league. City are the gonna score 100+ goals again this season, Arsenal have won every game so far, we've won 3 out of our first 4. I'm really not seeing this more difficult league thing at all.

I feel like they are responsible for more turnovers than the 8 behind them.

Everything looks better if they play better, the opposition give up, or at least stop attacking with so many, and pressure on our defence decreases. Then we can stroll around.

They always will be though. They play in the attacking third where the ball is won and lost most often. Even Messi in his pomp lost the ball more often than Puyol. It's the nature of football and the areas they receive the ball and the attention they receive in those areas.

If you think people moaning on here keeps the players from getting complacent you are delusional, it doesnt matter what the team do they'll always be unsatisfied fans.
I dunno. Win every game 10 nil and I'm sure even the most pessimistic amongst us will be happy. [emoji1787]

I dunno. Win every game 10 nil and I'm sure even the most pessimistic amongst us will be happy. [emoji1787]

No Sanchez would still be brick, Royal hopeless, Dier too slow, Son a streaky player, Hojbjerg not good enough.

Good win. Good performance.

Forest a bit worse than Wolves, clearly worse than Chelsea, so difficult to tell if we were better or they were just worse. Either way, clearly the best team, deserved win. Just took us a bit too long to get the second and Kane and Son aren't quite hitting their stride the way we know they can.

That will come though, and we're already as good as this. Happy days.

This. I'm a bit worried about Son though. While he is my favourite Spurs player, he isn't playing with a smile on his face. I can't help thinking he is given too many defensive duties for which he is not at all suitable. Think if Lineker would have been asked to defend!

Defending corners is a good example. He looks lost in our own box and is more often than not a liability there. He looks totally uncomfortable and neither picks anyone up or provides an effective blocking role. Surely it would be better to leave him upfield. This would mean at least two defenders would have to stay back. It would also give us an outball and stop the balls immediately coming back at us.

Whatever the solution, I hope he scores soon and the smile returns to his face. We need him at top tilt.

They always will be though. They play in the attacking third where the ball is won and lost most often. Even Messi in his pomp lost the ball more often than Puyol. It's the nature of football and the areas they receive the ball and the attention they receive in those areas.

Agreed. But I think the general criticism is still fair, particularly of Son. He and Kane are both losing the ball more than they usually do and/or more than Kulu is at the moment. (I've no reason to think it's not just a blip from a small number of games though).

upload_2022-8-30_10-20-2.png

(Data taken from Whoscored)

Do you think Kane and Son are anywhere near their best right now?

If not, what does this look like when they are?

They are not but what player in the world does week in week out? Again this for me highlights the importance of others being able to contribute.

Do you think we will get anywhere near the top of the league without wing backs that provide regular assists? Or CM that chip in?

Over reliance on the front three will stunt any progress

They are not but what player in the world does week in week out? Again this for me highlights the importance of others being able to contribute.

Do you think we will get anywhere near the top of the league without wing backs that provide regular assists? Or CM that chip in?

Over reliance on the front three will stunt any progress

We have that already I think.

That are comparable to our rivals?

I think overall we compare quite favourably with our rivals, football happens in two directions, an advantage in attack offset by our advantage in defence, a clean sheet is worth more in the PL than a goal.

We're not relying on one player to score goals, we have 3 regular goal scorers there and Richarlison on the bench.

This original point of the discussion was relative performance of the players against what we have seen from them previously. I think, specific players are performing way below their ability, and the performance against Forest would have been less stressful for us watching were that not the case.

I think overall we compare quite favourably with our rivals, football happens in two directions, an advantage in attack offset by our advantage in defence, a clean sheet is worth more in the PL than a goal.

We're not relying on one player to score goals, we have 3 regular goal scorers there and Richarlison on the bench.

This original point of the discussion was relative performance of the players against what we have seen from them previously. I think, specific players are performing way below their ability, and the performance against Forest would have been less stressful for us watching were that not the case.

Liverpool’s full backs regularly chip in with 10+ assists each. Cancelo gets a similar amount for Emirates Marketing Project. I’d be shocked if Royal gets anywhere near that. Perisic could though if he’s first choice regularly.

Liverpool’s full backs regularly chip in with 10+ assists each. Cancelo gets a similar amount for Emirates Marketing Project. I’d be shocked if Royal gets anywhere near that. Perisic could though if he’s first choice regularly.

Liverpools full backs are terrible defensively though, look at their recent Fulham game, whats the net over the season?

Liverpools full backs are terrible defensively though, look at their recent Fulham game, whats the net over the season?

Trent is poor defensively, but he more than makes up for it with his attacking play. Robertson isn’t terrible defensively. They contribute to a team that gets 90 points or around that in each of the last 4 seasons. They would have been replaced if their net contributions were negative.

Back