• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Emirates Marketing Project***

Say what you like about Harry but at least he still talks positively about us. Unlike AVB by the way.

He does, and I think he still gets a lot of unjust stick. Yes, his head did get turned by the England job. Jesus. What proud Englishman wouldnt have done. Said it before the FA were to blame for stringing him along.
Met the guy in Warrington the Friday night after 3-1 win v Inter. Top guy and will never think otherwise

Alright GGers. Was going to do a big write-up after today's game, but think I'll just keep it brief, because who can be arsed with that.

Coming out of the ground my Dad said to me "You know what, everyone in the top 6 will be happy with that result" and I couldn't agree more. Obviously, being 2-0 up and not winning is a bit galling in hindsight, but I'm looking at the bigger picture for City and I'm delighted after today. You lot will be happy too, scratching a 2-2 draw from that game is excellent. However, only finding 2 shots on target against our marshmallow defence is a good number fewer than I was expecting, thankfully.

The most impressive thing about Spurs today was the defence and organisation. I feel like Spurs are gradually shaking off the 'sexy' tag. That could have been another 5/6-0 today, but the amount of times City got behind to only have 4/5 bodies between the ball and net within a few seconds was frustrating from my point of view, but must be very encouraging from yours. The level of commitment is something to be proud of.

The penalty incident didn't look like much to me to be honest, but then again I haven't seen it since. I think with every officiating controversy, it's important to stress the ref can only see it once. I've heard lots of criticism aimed towards the referee today, but I thought he did well in a very rough game. He missed poor tackles from us, and missed poor tackles from you.

I think we can all agree how entertaining the match was though? 15 minutes after Sane's goal, the game was so, so stretched. It's a cliche but it was like a basketball at that point. Crazy to see at high-level football that neither team put their foot on it and tried to control the tempo, but it really fired the stadium up.

On that point, I want to finish on mentioning the Spurs fans. From what I can remember, the only team to sell out all three tiers in that stand. I now understand why you got such good attendances in the Champions League, terrific effort.

What replay? Looked like a pretty clear offside to me.

There was a replay on the NBC broadcast about a minute or so (iirc) after the goal from straight across the line and high up - showed Kane as exactly level with Zabaleta.

Alright GGers. Was going to do a big write-up after today's game, but think I'll just keep it brief, because who can be arsed with that.

Coming out of the ground my Dad said to me "You know what, everyone in the top 6 will be happy with that result" and I couldn't agree more. Obviously, being 2-0 up and not winning is a bit galling in hindsight, but I'm looking at the bigger picture for City and I'm delighted after today. You lot will be happy too, scratching a 2-2 draw from that game is excellent. However, only finding 2 shots on target against our marshmallow defence is a good number fewer than I was expecting, thankfully.

The most impressive thing about Spurs today was the defence and organisation. I feel like Spurs are gradually shaking off the 'sexy' tag. That could have been another 5/6-0 today, but the amount of times City got behind to only have 4/5 bodies between the ball and net within a few seconds was frustrating from my point of view, but must be very encouraging from yours. The level of commitment is something to be proud of.

The penalty incident didn't look like much to me to be honest, but then again I haven't seen it since. I think with every officiating controversy, it's important to stress the ref can only see it once. I've heard lots of criticism aimed towards the referee today, but I thought he did well in a very rough game. He missed poor tackles from us, and missed poor tackles from you.

I think we can all agree how entertaining the match was though? 15 minutes after Sane's goal, the game was so, so stretched. It's a cliche but it was like a basketball at that point. Crazy to see at high-level football that neither team put their foot on it and tried to control the tempo, but it really fired the stadium up.

On that point, I want to finish on mentioning the Spurs fans. From what I can remember, the only team to sell out all three tiers in that stand. I now understand why you got such good attendances in the Champions League, terrific effort.
Great post mate, a pretty good summing up of how I saw it too.

Thank you for that gracious and balanced summary.

Don't agree we were terrible. We defended well in the main then lost our most important centre half and had to play a midfielder in defence; we clawed back two goals against a very good side,on their patch, who we won't have to play again. I think it was a resilient performance where we ground out a result.

Every time they crossed half a court seemed goal, we could never connect the lines, wimmer caused insecurity, eriksen was the one of a month ago, the first time victor was for oblivion, and this adds that they were accurate won all The divided, and managed to be a short team

I think a lot of that comes down to Guardiola being very passionate about tactics and teambuilding. He genuinly appreciates the job Poch has done with the team.

Probably fair. He seems like the most 'academic' sort of manager we've had in the league since Wenger first arrived - really focused on the mechanics of the game, even to the occasional detriment of his own team and standing with the ever-ravenous press.

To be fair, there were plenty of times that City players could have gotten shots off earlier when they were running off the shoulder, but they usually elected to cut back and wait for options/ take a more indirect route to goal. I had my heart in my mouth on those occasions, but it was that decision that allowed our players to come back and make effective blocks. It might have been a different story if Sane/Sterling/Aguero (all of whom had good chances when running off the shoulder) went first time instead of taking an extra touch or looking to put it across goal.

davies x wimmer, and the same formation this past weeks, davies is infinite most faster than wimmer, and have more technique for play the ball

There was a replay on the NBC broadcast about a minute or so (iirc) after the goal from straight across the line and high up - showed Kane as exactly level with Zabaleta.

Hmm, ok, thought I saw the same, and thought he was offside, but have to check it again. Not that it matters, great point for us. :)

davies x wimmer, and the same formation this past weeks, davies is infinite most faster than wimmer, and have more technique for play the ball

Well, we need Davies to cover for Rose - he can't also play as a central defender all the time without getting tired, no?

Back