• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Emirates Marketing Project***

Hmm, ok, thought I saw the same, and thought he was offside, but have to check it again. Not that it matters, great point for us. :)

Yeah, I thought he was offside prior to the replay (Otamendi madly claiming it also made me a bit unsure), but then felt certain he was on after that level replay from straight across.

Either way, as you indicated, it counted, too late now. :p

It was, but it was ball to hand, rather than hand to ball. In that space he had no time to repond actively

I loved Walker's push. Randomly I did exactly the same thing in my match 7 hours earlier, with the same result.
I did too. It was a big gamble by Walker to do it but it paid off big time.

No mate of course not in the end the ref has made a mistake but it happens for all the top teams that's just how it is. I genuinely am not one for blaming refs (except Chris Foy for a certain game against Stoke).

Mate I agree 100%. I'm never one to blame the refs, I think they have a ridiculously difficult job, not made easier by the actions of the 22 players on the pitch.

And they're human.

Lloris has made 2 absolute howlers today. If a ref makes two absolute howlers...he's attacked by the fans and the media.

All I'm saying is that I think we pronbably would have wanted that as a penalty the other way round.

Either way, not important and I'm just happy with tbe result. Good stuff all in all!

A little time to think has been valuable.

Away at Emirates Marketing Project, finishing the game with no Toby or Jan and with Hugo on a rare off-day, up against a Emirates Marketing Project team that was clearly motivated to counter the recent bruising results and PR with a tremendously gifted attacking complement and set up.
We can be proud and confident that this is a game we'd have been crushed in mere seasons ago.

We did well to see out the game with Dier and Wanyama at the back for the last 30 minutes and Eriksen and Winks in central midfield for the last 15 minutes.

Emirates Marketing Project's performance came from nowhere. They went back to the 4141 formation that they started the season with and looked like the team that won all those games in a row.

It's probably worth remembering that Guardiola has had a week to come up with a plan to counter our predictable lineup.

I don't say that in a bad way, it's just that our current form meant that we were expected to turn up with a 343 and play in a certain way. Just like when we beat Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, Poch had the benefit of knowing exactly how the opposition would turn up and planned on how to counter them. Not only that, but they were really up for it. They pressed ferociously from the front at times and dragged Wanyama and Dembele all over the place. At the same time, they are so poor in front of goal that they required two gift's from Lloris in order to gain a lead.

We were lucky to get away with a point, but I'm not gonna complain.

I think we have to be honest, I dont think we are quite there in terms of winning the league, the gap is a few points too many. I think our realistic target has to be, to be the best of the rest.
Dont know whether its a good sign that we got a point from a game that should have been dead and buried, or the fact that the match should have been dead and buried which was worrying.
Or maybe I should give City more credit for a good display
City were really good and caused us all sorts of problems. We were very very fortunate to get a point. We simply couldn't cope with them. City were really up for it today, and I have no idea how we got a point. Totally undeserved, but good teams have a bit of luck. Never been happier for a point! COYS!

Alright GGers. Was going to do a big write-up after today's game, but think I'll just keep it brief, because who can be arsed with that.

Welcome back @SWP29 , cheers for the thoughtful post.

Pep gambled with the team selection and formation, but ended up getting it spot on. The energy and pressing and winning loose balls was impressive.

Despite all the attacking quality and class, I was surprised how relatively quiet Silva and Aguero were - much as Eriksen and Kane were at the other end. And for all the domination, your two goals were ultimately gifted by Lloris, though I thought for sure that the script was written for Jesus to come on and score the winner.

I agree with others who've said that in years past we would've capitulated at 2-0 and it might have ended at 2 or 3 times that scoreline. So well done to Spurs for clawing their way back, and if there had been another few minutes of injury time, either side looked like scoring.

Onward and upward!

Last edited:
I thought he looked a bit offside on second viewing.

And the first, handball.

Should've been 2-1. Robbed. [emoji6]

Having just watched again on MoD I also thought that Sterling was offside before the Walker push. Surprising that BT did not even consider debating this, although should not be surprised given the totally biased commentary from McManaman and friends.

Fingers crossed that Toby is ok. Really can't afford to be without Toby and Jan

It's probably worth remembering that Guardiola has had a week to come up with a plan to counter our predictable lineup.

I don't say that in a bad way, it's just that our current form meant that we were expected to turn up with a 343 and play in a certain way. Just like when we beat Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, Poch had the benefit of knowing exactly how the opposition would turn up and planned on how to counter them. Not only that, but they were really up for it. They pressed ferociously from the front at times and dragged Wanyama and Dembele all over the place. At the same time, they are so poor in front of goal that they required two gift's from Lloris in order to gain a lead.

We were lucky to get away with a point, but I'm not gonna complain.

and pep did just that - a direct low ball with through the centre with a really fast striker in sane. thats one tool he has that poch doesnt.

Why is it that when Arsenal drew at Bournemouth they snatched a point, but we drew at City and have deemed to have dropped 2 points?
Because we were comprehensively outplayed. The Scum weren't. The Lloris howlers aside, a draw would still flatter us. City were the better team today, let's be honest. But it's nice to get a positive result in spite of that. We were due one.

Back