• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Providing there are no more injuries:

Vic

Porro
Royal (i’d prob go Dier)
Davies
Udogie

Bissouma
Sarr
Lo Celso

Kulu
Son
Johnson

Considering all the injuries the midfield and attack is holding up pretty well “on paper”. Shocking at CB though.
Agreed. Other than CB that's a rather good team. Even with better centre backs it's still a team that could easily struggle against Emirates Marketing Project of course. But a good team for sure.

I think our problems to deal with first team players is and has been overstated somewhat. But dealing with both first choice CBs being out at the same time is a big ask. Doing so against Emirates Marketing Project, even more so.

That being said. Bring them on. We'll play the way we want to.

Agreed. Other than CB that's a rather good team. Even with better centre backs it's still a team that could easily struggle against Emirates Marketing Project of course. But a good team for sure.

I think our problems to deal with first team players is and has been overstated somewhat. But dealing with both first choice CBs being out at the same time is a big ask. Doing so against Emirates Marketing Project, even more so.

That being said. Bring them on. We'll play the way we want to.
I wouldn’t say the issues have been overstated, I’d flip it and say our squad was just being underrated. We have one glaring area of weakness / thinness and that’s at CB, other than that the squad is decent. Which is why with the following players out on long term injuries we’re still able to put out a decent side (other than CB):

Sessengnon
Perisic
Solomon
Madison
Richarlson
Bentancur
VDV
Phillips

With niggles to Gill, Sarr, Udogie, Lo Celso amongst all that as well.

It may be that we’re “only” missing 4 or 5 starting players right now, but the injuries to the squad as a whole means we can’t rotate or substitute as we would normally want to. Look at the Villa game, we were dead on our feet the last 15 minutes but the squad was so stretched that we couldn’t make any changes.

I usually avoid reading this thread after a defeat as the negativity is overwhelming but this season has seen a major change in attitude, lot more sense written and support in difficult times. This I feel is down to the manager who it seems to have formed an instance bond with the fans and understands what we want from a Spurs team, his attitude always seems positive and he doesn't appear to want to blame others or look for excuses in his interviews. This game will be tough but I would hope we keep playing to win, changing tactics would feel like a lack of confidence in what we are building here. COYS
We could have 4 losses in a row but I feel as happy about the club since probably getting to the CL final !!

What we know for certain is whatever team is on the pitch will play great football the right way
Without the quality it’s unlikely to get the results we need but… I’ll take it all things considered

What we know for certain is whatever team is on the pitch will play great football the right way
Without the quality it’s unlikely to get the results we need but… I’ll take it all things considered
Yeah but Udogie and Lo Celso cant play 3 games in a week so after Saudi Sportswashing Machine they will both be out for at least a month.

Bumberclart factor sky blue massive giant babyhead to be royally schooled Gallagher tears and middle fingers guaranteed 3-2 win for glory glory angeball

GUARANTEED now. Late deletion in OMT photos due to Crowe being a Kiwi!?!!!!!! Sorted. There will be tens of thousands of sad manc bumberclarts on Sunday night. Attention to detail. Deki with the winner.

I should add to this that Ange shouldn’t imo attend the game and instead work with the players on the training ground preparing for west ham.

I would let the Women's team manager take the reigns for the City game.
Rightly labeled as 'Drama Queen' 😝

But I get your concern, I'm not buying into it though-if we can play front foot and take our chances? Game on! Defence? I'm not expecting much

Ah, hell, this is going to be easy! Remember, magic Ange managed to get this lot to outplay Barcelona for nearly 80 minutes after just saying hello to them in the canteen. Some ruddy upstarts with dirty money from the north will be no match for the power of Ange.

By now I'm convinced Ange could put four traffic wardens he'd pick up on the M6 around Stoke-on-Trent in our defence, and they would play attacking football like there were no tomorrow. And we'd win.

Rightly labeled as 'Drama Queen' 😝

But I get your concern, I'm not buying into it though-if we can play front foot and take our chances? Game on! Defence? I'm not expecting much
No I just think that rather than lose 4-1 and knacker our players come the last game of the three in a week (against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and likely lose udogie and lo celso for a month, I say lose 8-0 and dont knacker the players and dont get more injuries and massively increase our chances of winning against west ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Its common sense and no one here disagrees with the premise, they just dont have the balls to do it.

No I just think that rather than lose 4-1 and knacker our players come the last game of the three in a week (against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and likely lose udogie and lo celso for a month, I say lose 8-0 and dont knacker the players and dont get more injuries and massively increase our chances of winning against west ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Its common sense and no one here disagrees with the premise, they just dont have the balls to do it.

I have a few issues with this.

Firstly, you have assumed we will lose v City. Is it likely we lose? Yes. Should we assume that we WILL lose? No. If we did that we may as well not turn up at all some days. Where is the whole ‘to dare is to do’ mentality? It’s about being brave, about going for it come what may. And if we do lose then at least we will have given it a good go.

To say that the players will be injured. Guess what, same players could be injured in training. Should we skip training? I mean if Romero tackles Son in training and injures him then we e screwed. So quick, let’s keep Son away from training, best keep Romero away too you know just in case.

Then you talk about our chances being massively increased against the other two sides. We could have 95% chance to win and still lose against each of those sides. It’s about turning up on the day, doing best we can and then hoping we get a good result in either but preferably both games.

We should also prioritise each game at a time and give it the best we can. I get thst some matches might seem easier on paper but how often has it been the case where we’ve secured results in matches we thought we would lose? And lost matches that we really ought to have won?

Let’s go at City. Let them worry about us and let’s see what can happen.

Maybe your approach might prove to have been a sensible pragmatic approach with hindsight but this isn’t a Conte or Mourinho pragmatic Spurs. This is a go out full at it, give it our best and see what happens. And having been bored by those two, I wouldn’t have it any other way whatever the end outcome.

I should add to this that Ange shouldn’t imo attend the game and instead work with the players on the training ground preparing for west ham.

I would let the Women's team manager take the reins for the City game.
Is your intention to be funny?

Is your intention to be funny?

I live the arrogance that’s written in to the post when it’s said that no one disagrees with the notion. And yet it seems like the most of us disagree heavily as we should. Life and football are subjective and for anyone to assume that everyone thinks the same…. Wow

Was expecting a 7-0 defeat but @thfcsteff, you've turned the tide with this OMT.

3 points are guaranteed.

Funny you should say that. I woke up last Monday and there was a headline on my phone that read 'Emirates Marketing Project 7 Tottenham 0' and for a brief moment I thought I had missed a whole week.
As it was it the result from the Women's game last Sunday, but tbh looking at our current injury crisis, it might well be the score this Sunday too...sadly

Back