• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

I have a few issues with this.

Firstly, you have assumed we will lose v City. Is it likely we lose? Yes. Should we assume that we WILL lose? No. If we did that we may as well not turn up at all some days. Where is the whole ‘to dare is to do’ mentality? It’s about being brave, about going for it come what may. And if we do lose then at least we will have given it a good go.

To say that the players will be injured. Guess what, same players could be injured in training. Should we skip training? I mean if Romero tackles Son in training and injures him then we e screwed. So quick, let’s keep Son away from training, best keep Romero away too you know just in case.

Then you talk about our chances being massively increased against the other two sides. We could have 95% chance to win and still lose against each of those sides. It’s about turning up on the day, doing best we can and then hoping we get a good result in either but preferably both games.

We should also prioritise each game at a time and give it the best we can. I get thst some matches might seem easier on paper but how often has it been the case where we’ve secured results in matches we thought we would lose? And lost matches that we really ought to have won?

Let’s go at City. Let them worry about us and let’s see what can happen.

Maybe your approach might prove to have been a sensible pragmatic approach with hindsight but this isn’t a Conte or Mourinho pragmatic Spurs. This is a go out full at it, give it our best and see what happens. And having been bored by those two, I wouldn’t have it any other way whatever the end outcome.
I do appreciate the whole ‘anything can happen’ mantra which is interwoven into all of your points but I am playing the percentages.

What can’t be argued however is the squad is massively depleted so at least 9 to 10 players will have to play 90 mins in all three games.

That will undoubtedly lead to big consequences on player conditioning during the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game and given the history of the likes of Udogie, Lo Celso and Johnson there is a strong possibility they will succumb to significant injuries.

An Asda meal deal says none of those scores end up correct!

(Maybe the results tho) sigh
TBF, we could lose 8-0 to Emirates Marketing Project with our strongest available team out!

A rotated XI would surely have to include players not born yet?!

No I just think that rather than lose 4-1 and knacker our players come the last game of the three in a week (against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and likely lose udogie and lo celso for a month, I say lose 8-0 and dont knacker the players and dont get more injuries and massively increase our chances of winning against west ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Its common sense and no one here disagrees with the premise, they just dont have the balls to do it.
I'd recommend listening to what Ange about the project and keeping playing a certain way as to why that's the complete opposite of the current club vision

Austin? Is this a kid I haven't heard of?
It can't be Brandon Austin.
Yeah I need to look at the u21s again because with Sarr out for a few weeks I can’t be playing Hojbjerg in this game as he will be needed in the two games that quickly follow.

Austin would only be needed if there was no one else to play but again there should be someone in the u21s.

I'd recommend listening to what Ange about the project and keeping playing a certain way as to why that's the complete opposite of the current club vision
I love his vision of how we play but that wont prevent the fitness issues that will come from playing these three games with the forced situation of using all the same players.

Forster
Royal, Dier, Davies
Lyons-Foster, Skipp, Abbott, Sayers
Santiago, Veliz, Gil

Austin, Cassanova, Kyerematen, Ashcroft, Moore, John, Lankshear, Donley, Soonsup-Bell

Coaching staff are all of those that normally take the u21s, complemented by staff from the Women's team where required.

Yeah I need to look at the u21s again because with Sarr out for a few weeks I can’t be playing Hojbjerg in this game as he will be needed in the two games that quickly follow.

Austin would only be needed if there was no one else to play but again there should be someone in the u21s.
You've actually just put the 3rd choice keeper at LW?!
Have a day off.

RWB not LW but would only do that if there was no one else but having since learned there are no restrictions on picking u21 players I have revised my team.

Honestly based upon your thoughts we may as well tell the FA that we are not going to fulfil the fixture due to injuries etc and take the 3-0 loss. Plus the financial penalty.

Not that I want to give you any more ideas as you already appear to be far creative on this matter than I am.

Bumberclart factor sky blue massive giant babyhead to be royally schooled Gallagher tears and middle fingers guaranteed 3-2 win for glory glory angeball
That doesn't make much sense, but I like it. Coupled with Bon Scott, this bodes well for an epic win.

0-6

Dier (3)
Own Goal (2)
Vicario

RWB not LW but would only do that if there was no one else but having since learned there are no restrictions on picking u21 players I have revised my team.

You really shouldn't have.

Aren't there rules against knowingly putting out weakened teams anyway? I guess it could be match fixing, sometimes hard to determine what is objectively a weaker team but full youth squads would be a pretty clear breach.

You haven't factored in the away fans that will travel to Manchester in the freezing cold and tinkling rain (probably) and deserve to see the best available Spurs team doing the best they can. Easy to make the suggestion whilst watching the game from a cosy sofa I'd guess. It's actually quite a disrespectful suggestion alongside the idea of getting the Spurs ladies manager to take the game, he's got his own team to look after and isn't some kind of supply teacher to call in when Ange is busy.

But whether it's a comedy bit or a real suggestion you'be chosen this hill to die on so crack on I guess. It can't get any worse than suggesting a GK starts at RB, feel free to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
No I just think that rather than lose 4-1 and knacker our players come the last game of the three in a week (against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and likely lose udogie and lo celso for a month, I say lose 8-0 and dont knacker the players and dont get more injuries and massively increase our chances of winning against west ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Its common sense and no one here disagrees with the premise, they just dont have the balls to do it.
What you’re saying is certainly an option. It’s just not an option that our manager would countenance or consider. That’s not how he rolls.

What you’re saying is certainly an option. It’s just not an option that our manager would countenance or consider. That’s not how he rolls.
You think playing a reserve team goalkeeper in midfield away to Emirates Marketing Project is an option? Don't feed the troll.

If this were Football Manager, I would deliberately play the kids. However this is real life. This in my opinion is a free hit for City. Best of success to the boys and fans. I don't really want to watch today's match but knowing myself I will watch it. GHod help us.

Back