• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth ***

I quite rightly do not feel any shame for booing someone for being awful at their job for which they are paid an absolute fortune and who has used his 5 years at this club to get worse and worse at his job!

To say he shouldn’t be boo’d because he has feelings and is a human is absolutely pathetic mate! There are times in life where people need to be called out and this most certainly is one of those.

Tbh the biggest fault is with the management for bringing him on. Why do they keep bringing him on its ridiculous. He has become the sissoko of defenders struggling to control the ball and today he does a through ball for the opposition striker to score!

Just bring Tanganga on or one of the youngsters, they cannot be worse than sanchez who genuinely looks like a serie b level defender now.

Why does he “need to be called out”? What does it achieve?

He is human. Having thousands of people pick you out and spacegoat you in public will have an effect on anyone. It’s something that’s grabbed a lot of media attention. So the lad is being embarrassed not just in front of the people at the game yesterday but also in front on anyone who saw it around the world on tv or who has an interest in the PL. You think that’s not going to have an effect on the lad? That it’s not embarrassing? That it’s not soul destroying?

Jesus wept.

He is human. Having thousands of people pick you out and spacegoat you in public will have an effect on anyone. It’s something that’s grabbed a lot of media attention. So the lad is being embarrassed not just in front of the people at the game yesterday but also in front on anyone who saw it around the world on tv or who has an interest in the PL. You think that’s not going to have an effect on the lad? That it’s not embarrassing? That it’s not soul destroying?

Jesus wept.
Couldn't make it up TBH

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

As much as I don't like the way we play I completely agree with those against the booing of our own players. You could question whether the toxic atmosphere in our ground contributes to the performances at times.

Yeh but relagation is a disaster regardless how you paint it. Their fans, despite this idea the PL win eases pain are hurting now, the PL wins been and gone so to suggest relaxations somehow acceptable is nonsense TBH.

Chelsea fans also don't look back and forward and think "oh well we had some good times let's see Potter through as it's likely to come good".

Could even look outside those clubs for historically bigger clubs like Everton, Villa and Leeds who follow the ready meal ready fix that others bay for and have struggled, ironically Villa being considered to having a stormer of a season and sit par with us.

Regardless of what's written on the toilet walls at Spurs and some fans would love you to believe we ain't the only club in a mes

As I say…. I bet if Leicester go down then they’ll be up again before we win either the PL or FA Cup and their fans will always have those memories of the glory.

You’re right that Chelsea fans don’t think that…. but, again, at least they have those great occasions and memories to go back to.

Yeh but relagation is a disaster regardless how you paint it. Their fans, despite this idea the PL win eases pain are hurting now, the PL wins been and gone so to suggest relaxations somehow acceptable is nonsense TBH.

Chelsea fans also don't look back and forward and think "oh well we had some good times let's see Potter through as it's likely to come good".

Could even look outside those clubs for historically bigger clubs like Everton, Villa and Leeds who follow the ready meal ready fix that others bay for and have struggled, ironically Villa being considered to having a stormer of a season and sit par with us.

Regardless of what's written on the toilet walls at Spurs and some fans would love you to believe we ain't the only club in a mes

Our bad season is 6th-7th

Leicester will go down, funny how the same people bitching about our club used to point out how well run they were, and how that is the model we should follow (and why would Brendon leave Leicester for a club in a worse position), same as Everton (who will go into administration if relegated), same will be for Brighton when they inevitably get relegated in the next 3-5 years (wonder how good their recruitment will be then).

This is the issue, it's not about having a hit and hoping you get something out of it, it's about setting the system up for sustained success.

As much as I don't like the way we play I completely agree with those against the booing of our own players. You could question whether the toxic atmosphere in our ground contributes to the performances at times.

Well it certainly doesn't fudging help.

Leicester (a FAR smaller club than THFC) won a PL title and an FA Cup…. If they go down, I bet they’ll be back up again before we win either. I also bet Chelsea win one of those trophies again before we do.
Its funny because tbh I think I'd rather win the PL and FA Cup then get relegated a few years later over just occasionally finishing in the top 4. Without any ambition to actually win things it's a kind of just another form of mediocrity.

I'm happy enough not winning anything with consistent progress but we aren't progressing. Instead we are regressing.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Royal is a very good right back. I think Sess will be left back next season, Udogie, like Porro, is very limited defensively at present, he will need some coaching.
I hope Sess isn't, he's a poor LB and a poor LWB. If Udogie isn't ready I'd rather we reintegrate Reguilion.

Leicester will go down, funny how the same people bitching about our club used to point out how well run they were, and how that is the model we should follow (and why would Brendon leave Leicester for a club in a worse position), same as Everton (who will go into administration if relegated), same will be for Brighton when they inevitably get relegated in the next 3-5 years (wonder how good their recruitment will be then).

This is the issue, it's not about having a hit and hoping you get something out of it, it's about setting the system up for sustained success.
Our board have made mistakes, 100% but it's a laughable lie that a team like Leicesters success, with a spawny league win and a cup (appearing in less finals than us) and a subsequent likely relegation is all down to a better plan and run club....but our fans won't ever admit they are wrong about things they previously had pent up issues with and will just revert to jive bunny mode about trophies.

We don't have a system for sustained success. We don't even have a system for fleeting success. [emoji1787]

Our board have made mistakes, 100% but it's a laughable lie that a team like Leicesters success, with a spawny league win and a cup (appearing in less finals than us) and a subsequent likely relegation is all down to a better plan and run club....but our fans won't ever admit they are wrong about things they previously had pent up issues with and will just revert to jive bunny mode about trophies.

It depends on what you think a club should be achieving. If you deem finishing in the PL and in the European places the height of success then yes no doubt Spurs have done that better than Leicester.

However if you prize actual success then you'd have to say a small club like Leicester who for many years were a lower league side coming up and winning both the League and the FA Cup on a period where we have won zilch is more impressive.

Sure they might get relegated but so have we at times. Going down in 77 didn't negate the UEFA Cup win in 72. We still had those wins, we still had that success.

I really do feel like there's a loser justification that hasn't taken hold. We explain away actually winning things because well...we don't. I find it hard to believe that if we had won the league in 2016 and then finished outside the top 4 every season we would want to trade that title for top 4 finishes. [emoji848]

Jesus wept.

He should not have been roundly boo’d coming onto the pitch or boo’d every time he touched it or heavily boo’d when being taking off imo.

We have to remember the wider context with this guy. He was a good defender when we signed him so how is it that 6 years on, working in outstanding facilities he has become a poor defender? That surely is something he should be held accountable for. He struggles to control the ball these days. He came on against southampton iirc and got done immediately and in this action he did some weird spinning rolly polly in the air. I mean wtf? Its completely unacceptable what has happened to him and the management are to blame for continuing to pick him. Tanganga whilst not great himself is undoubtedly better than Sanchez and so is a couple of the kids in that position. Sanchez should have been banned from first team training long ago for the unacceptable regression in his footballing ability over the years with us. That’s how real life works for most people. You regress alarmingly, you are out.

My view on the booing was it should only have been light booing barely audible the next time he touched the ball after the error. So one occurrence of barely audible light booing. And then the same again when he is subbed, barely audible light booing.

That is fine imo on the back of what he has allowed to happen to himself and I’m sorry but I dont buy that what I proposed there (which seems to be different to what he experienced tbf) should invoke a devastating impact on his feelings. There is some horrendous things going on in this world, in its history and no doubt in the future. So lets please get a grip and not overstate what went on yesterday to a multi million pound awful football player on a football pitch.

I hope Sess isn't, he's a poor LB and a poor LWB. If Udogie isn't ready I'd rather we reintegrate Reguilion.

I think Sessegnon can easily become a very good left back under the right manager. I have seen him completely play Salah and Saka out of the game for instance. He needs confidence, good structure and a competent centre back inside him.

That could happen, though we are already tight on association trained players so will have to be careful with which of our overseas players we choose to bring back.

We don't have a system for sustained success. We don't even have a system for fleeting success. [emoji1787]

Yes we do, let me tell you what is is -> 9th best income generated in world football

That's what differentiates us from Leicester, West Ham, Villa, Leeds, Everton, Brighton, basically anyone outside of top 4 and money dopers. Generating money is your path to success, When Leicester/Everton fall into administration and spends a decade+ in lower leagues (ala Leeds) would we say the same thing?

Brighton is the new whoever that goes all the way back to Charlton under Curbs, timing, some good investments, some luck and everyone suddenly thinks they have broken the code. No they haven't, they will sell their best players because their income isn't sustainable, the replacements may work once, even twice, but eventually the replacements won't be as good, a bad run will destroy confidence and they won't have the money to buy themselves out and in a couple of years they disappear into lower leagues and some starts talking about the next "smart" club

I think Sessegnon can easily become a very good left back under the right manager. I have seen him completely play Salah and Saka out of the game for instance. He needs confidence, good structure and a competent centre back inside him.

hahaha .. genuinely mate you really pick polarizing opinions

Sess has been an absolute mare for two+ seasons (even in comparison to Dier) and can never be fit. Whatever player was there (for Fulham mostly) is gone, you'd have better odds reviving Dele than Sess.

Its funny because tbh I think I'd rather win the PL and FA Cup then get relegated a few years later over just occasionally finishing in the top 4. Without any ambition to actually win things it's a kind of just another form of mediocrity.

I'm happy enough not winning anything with consistent progress but we aren't progressing. Instead we are regressing.

You keep going back to Leicester because they are the only example of a team that has managed to do that. 99% of trophies go to the top teams that have a sustained period at the top of the league.
Leicester will probably not win anything or get close to it in the next 20 years. It was not some master plan for them, they just got lucky.

A lot of people probably would but it's not like that is something you aim to do or an option to us

Edit : don't know why that's attributed @Bishop 's quote to you Grays

Yes we do, let me tell you what is is -> 9th best income generated in world football

That's what differentiates us from Leicester, West Ham, Villa, Leeds, Everton, Brighton, basically anyone outside of top 4 and money dopers. Generating money is your path to success, When Leicester/Everton fall into administration and spends a decade+ in lower leagues (ala Leeds) would we say the same thing?

Brighton is the new whoever that goes all the way back to Charlton under Curbs, timing, some good investments, some luck and everyone suddenly thinks they have broken the code. No they haven't, they will sell their best players because their income isn't sustainable, the replacements may work once, even twice, but eventually the replacements won't be as good, a bad run will destroy confidence and they won't have the money to buy themselves out and in a couple of years they disappear into lower leagues and some starts talking about the next "smart" club
Aren’t the likes of West Ham, Everton and Leicester also in the top 20 for income in World football?

Back