• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth ***

waiting for players to develop!?

good or exceptional players know how to play? waiting for players to develop is nonsense! IMO.
There you are ..I don't normally get that dogmatic on an opinion but you either have got it or not and I'm pretty sure most fans
have had enough of waiting till the cows come home for us to win something.
I know really good international players cost but we keep buying too many duds and then we can't offload them.
I'm talking about giving players a chance, younger players in particular, not a hard and fast rule for all.

And I stand by it as we have had success before when we have, infact the buy young and develop system we had was much more fruitful than when we tried to buy big and ready.

As I've said plenty of times I would think a mix of the two is the best way forward, you have to have talent develop and come through, all clubs do, it's about the blend. That only works if we give players a chance.

I would love an Eze or Olise coming through here, I doubt everyone would have the same patience to let them develop here as they have elsewhere, for various reasons

That's just my opinion

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I'm talking about giving players a chance, younger players in particular, not a hard and fast rule for all.

And I stand by it as we have had success before when we have, infact the buy young and develop system we had was much more fruitful than when we tried to buy big and ready.

As I've said plenty of times I would think a mix of the two is the best way forward, you have to have talent develop and come through, all clubs do, it's about the blend. That only works if we give players a chance.

I would love an Eze or Olise coming through here, I doubt everyone would have the same patience to let them develop here as they have elsewhere, for various reasons

That's just my opinion

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
It is possible to find players from lower leagues no doubt who could make it in the prem..although maybe few and far between it would certainly be worth scouting for them instead of can I say.. rubbish players we keep coming up with that cost millions..

People are fudging clutching at straws to be talking up Sherwood, guy was a muppet and a charlatan and it was one of the most embarrassing periods in the clubs history having him stand on the touchlines.

And for that you can blame Levy for being hoodwinked in to giving him the first team coach job.

First paragraph, yes.

Second paragraph, Poch was already sorted, but he insisted on finishing the season. Levy used the situation to engineer that clam out of the club early.

Royal is a very good right back. I think Sess will be left back next season, Udogie, like Porro, is very limited defensively at present, he will need some coaching.
If our lb and rb are going to be Sess and Royal I can tell you right now top 4 is off the table. If you put a 15m price tag on any of them you will not get any offers.

With Sanchez I think he deserves to be boo’d tbh.

He was signed for 42m and is paid very handsomely yet he is an awful player who has regressed year after year at this club.

He should be ashamed of the player he has become. Training and playing all these years at a Premier League club and the result is that he is a far worse player than the one we signed? Absolutely unacceptable.

I’m sure he will cope with the justified boos when he goes back to his mansion and life of luxury. It must be just so so painful for him…
This may be a bit harsh but Sanchez needs to go and so does half the squad. He is what he is but somebody has to pay for this terrible management of the club. This is ruining the careers of our few good players that could actually win something with different teammates.

Back