• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bayer 04 Leverkusen ***

Lloris
Walker Dier Vert Rose
Wanyama
Sissoko Dembele Alli Eriksen
Janssen

I'd prefer Son over Sissoko but get the impression sissoko will start

Having just returned from injury after a previous setback, I'd be very surprised if Dembele wasn't rested in this game.

We need to nail this wembley hoodoo tomorrow night. Last 5 matches at Wembley....LLLLL

It'd be nice to get a performance, to announce ourselves in the competition. If it weren't for an obscene miss by the tiny vegetable we'd be looking at two losses and a sketchy win against a dross side. Seems like a while since the Emirates Marketing Project game now, defensively we've still been at the races of course but it'd be great to play some exciting football again like..

I dream of Sissoko coming alive and dominating this one, I really do.

Keep dreaming.

Anything can happen, I'm watching Emirates Marketing Project slice through the mighty Barcelona like red hot tinkle through fog.

I have this nagging worry that Poch is going to rest the wrong players tomorrow (i.e Dembele, Rose and Walker). I'll be proper tinkled if he does.
This is the CL for crying out loud, we need our best players out there. No point in making it if we're then going to field the likes of Ben sodding Davies and Sissoko!!

For me this is more important than the NLD. We've fought hard to break into top 4 and this season will be much harder than the last to do so. Arsenal is pride yes, but still just one game with 20+ to go afterwards. We lose tomorrow and confidence is shot with a big task to top the group.
Has to play our flying FBs.

We play all our first choices in this game, and against Arsenal as well. This time, there's little excuse - if Poch rested our players against Liverpool in the League Cup because it was a competition that offered too little financially to merit continued participation, then that can hardly be said about the CL. If Poch rested them against Liverpool to keep them fit for the upcoming fixtures, then fine, these are those 'upcoming fixtures' they've supposedly been kept fit for, so play them. We don't travel far for these two games - hell, we're not leaving London. So, no excuse.

Full first team against Leverkusen *and* Arsenal please, Poch.

I won't mind if Poch rotates a bit and I'm going to the game. Rotating full-backs won't make us too much weaker, Trippier and Davies have been really good this season imo, and Trippier was good against Leverkusen. It'd make sense to use Sissoko as he can't play against Arsenal, so Sissoko for Lamela (for example) doesn't weaken us too much, but saves Lamela's legs for the goons.

I hope Dembele plays though.

------------------Lloris----------------------

-------Walker--Vertonghen---Rose
------------------Dier-------
-----Lamela-----Dembele---N'Koudou
-------------------Alli
----------- --Janssen--Son-----------

We badly need a win after being winless in 5 matches in all competitions.We also need to beat Leverkusen to improve our chances to progress to the next stage of the CL. But it is not going to be easy as Leverkusen troubled us at their place and we lost our home match to Monaco. We really need inspiration from somewhere in this match.

Wish Kane can come back from his injury now. With him out injured, our goals seemed to have dried up in the last 5 matches. We have only scored 1 goal from open play in 5 matches and that was by Alli against WBA. Since then we have only scored 2 penalties by Janssen. Alli has wasted too many goal scoring chances while Son has been very poor during these matches. Apart from his penalties, Janssen has yet to score from open play for us. Eriksen and Lamela too have failed to score any goals recently. Hope Lamela will be fit to start as he has assisted both our 2 goals in CL so far. We badly need someone to come up with a goal or two against Leverkusen !

Apart from goals, I think our midfield have lacked in creativity in recent match as well. We have found it hard to create clear cut chances for our attacking players. I think players like Dembele and Eriksen needs to step up and help our attacks more. We can really do with Eriksen scoring direct from freekicks. Eriksen used to be one of the best freekick takers in Europe when he first joined us. But strangely, almost all his freekicks have been shyte for over 2 years now. Frankly, want someone else like Lamela or Janssen take over the freekick duties now. But let's hope Eriksen can score from his freekicks for once !

Our defence have done really well so far this season. But will prefer to have Vertonghen and Alderweireld back as our main defenders. Still not convinced of Dier or even Wimmer. Both tend to make crucial errors, especially Dier. So, it will be great if Alderweireld can start this match. Lloris has been in great form so far this season. Hope he will help us keep the clean sheet in this match.

Our performances in the CL have not been really convincing so far this season. Hope we can change all that by getting a good performance and a comfortable win in this match.

I dream of Sissoko coming alive and dominating this one, I really do.

I'm still hoping to wake up from the dream of us signing him and realise that it was just a nightmare. After all...we could have so easily spent that £30m so much better than we did! Now the money is gone, and not like we'll spend that level of money again any time soon.

I'm still hoping to wake up from the dream of us signing him and realise that it was just a nightmare. After all...we could have so easily spent that £30m so much better than we did! Now the money is gone, and not like we'll spend that level of money again any time soon.

Its not all bad.........straight into the Sports Direct zero-contract minimum wage pool.....think of the good its doing

Back